Bart Scott: Welker's 'days in a uniform' are numbered

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Bart Scott's been in the league since 2002.

He played the Patriots twice during his seven seasons with the Ravens.

- They didn't play in 2002.
    - They didn't play in 2003.
    - New England beat a non-playoff Baltimore team 24-3.
    - They didn't play in 2005.
    - They didn't play in 2006.
    - New England beat a non-playoff Baltimore team 27-24.
    - They only met in the pre-season in 2008.

Now, tell me which one of these games should be considered big...

As a New York Jet, Bart Scott is 2-2 against New England. Since 2009, he's 2-1 in the playoffs, while the Pats are 0-1.

Who did the Pats get eliminated by last year, again? I'll give you a hint: It's a team that apparently can't win big games against New England.

2. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Hey Jay :)

Don't forget to add smug to that list. Of all the other teams in the NFL, Patriots fans are the most smug of all. Steelers fans are annoying but they don't have a list of excuses or a moral sense of entitlement.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I have to reread this...so you are asking forgiveness? Move on to someone else...They cheated on their spouses...one left his pregnant wife..and they cheated on the NFL..that will never be erased.

We are sorry is what Im looking for. Sleep on it tonite. I will be back much later.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Of course all bart meant was that his days in uniform this season are numbered. As in, the jets are going to knock them out of the playoffs.

6. allan1

allan1 Active Member

pats troll, time to ban

7. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

This is professional football. If you don't like that someone is still passing while up 42, then stop them. I'd have preferred if the starters were out of the game at that point, but Belichick believes in going all out for 60 minutes.

Don't like someone to respond to all the pregame chirping from the other team? Stop them. And to your point about cheating and pregnant wives: who cares? It's their personal lives If you have a foot fetish, don't videotape it and put it on the Internet when you are a public figure. Once it got out there, and you knew it would, then it's fair game.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I forgot about this. Brady RUINED a entire FAMILY. Think about that a little.

9. jaywayne12

Hey Pam!

Yeah....I can take a Steeler fan any day of the week...their stadium is packed good season or bad...but most of these Pat fans are the same ones that when the team sucked, they were hanging out, unborn, in a testicle somewhere cold..or watching infomercials on Sundays.

Smug is the perfect way to put it.

10. vertigho

vertigho New Member

:metal:

Rock on man. Couldn't have said it better myself.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

NFL is fucking pussies they are warning the teams about the trash talk.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Take your time. Read it as many times as you need. Go get a snack and read it again if you like.

13. jaywayne12

You lost me on the first sentence. How long have you been watching football? If its a long time...were you one of the 75 fans that showed up during the down times in New England?

14. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Do you really think Bart Scott wouldn't be gunning for Welker if he didn't say this to the media? Do you really think that this statement is the impetus for his own actions on Sunday? The fact that it was said publicly is irrelevant to Welker's safety; you can be sure much worse is said behind closed door.

And I'll continue to lose respect for the NFL if they get involved as this point and take away from the game/rivalry itself. If someone on either team wanted to really hurt somebody, they can and will. And, short of canceling the game, Goodell can do nothing to prevent it.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Watch out for his amazing Google skills. He'll come back with some bullshit about Steve Grogan.

16. jaywayne12

Yeah...he got your back there huh vertigo? Thank God he showed up in nick of time because his absurd post about football made your posts look even worse?

Rock on man. Where did you get that little hippy guy? Forget that....just..rock on man.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

My first game was in November 1991. There was a slight flurry that day

18. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Only reason Goodell is in this is because the Patriots tattled. There has been trash talk all season between a lot of teams but by golly damn gee when someone from the Jets says something about the gods on Mt. Cheats, rules MUST be changed to appease those gods or the wrath will be thrust upon the unworthy. IE: anyone not named Patriots or Beli.

19. jaywayne12

Damn internet...Im exhausted here. Will be on later tonite...but have to admit..for being a 8 1/2 point underdog...this was too easy.

See ya later M.E.

20. vertigho

vertigho New Member

Bah, I'm done arguing here. The simple fact of the matter is this:

Rex could come out and say that he has a hitman out for Brady. Jets fan would applaud it, and Patriots fans would scoff at it. By that same token, Belichick could do the same as Ryan, against Sanchez. Pats fan would be delighted and Jets fans would be disgusted.

It really doesn't matter what is said, it's who it's said by. We will support our teams no matter what.

Forget this petty trash-talk. Let's see what happens on Sunday.

#140 vertigho, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011