The Jets can win if ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 14, 2011.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Should be a good football game. I think alot of folks on here and in the media who are presuming that this won't be a close hard fought game are in for quite an eye opening surprise.

2. patriotsforever

Ryan may beat the Patriots in New Jersey, but the game is being played in Foxborough, where he is 0-2. The composite score of the two games is Patriots 76, Jets 17. Sanchez has one touchdown and seven interceptions. Doesn't look to good for the Jets, does it?

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

you've never mastered that whole concept of 'regression to the mean' have you?

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Actually it looks very good for the Jets. They are the complete underdogs, nobody is picking them, everybody is ready to annoint the Pats as champs and the pressure will be all on the Pats. Meanwhile the Jets who have already beaten the Pats this year are playing w/house money after beating Peyton last weekend.

It looks great for the Jets. Its great to be the underdog.

5. patriotsforever

It's not time yet for regression to the mean. Have you noticed how dominant the Patriots have been the last eight weeks? Maybe they really are that good this year.

6. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

ground and poundddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

And once again the same stats are regurgitated. What's that, 5 or 6 times this week?
    You guys all read from the same, "How to Troll Post" manual?

8. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

mmmmm I remember you were even more dominant in 2008 and the Giants bitch slapped you in the super bowl so your point is??????????????

9. patriotsforever

The Giants were a better team than the Jets. Can the Jets knock Brady around like the Giants did? Didn't think so. Plus the Jets don't have David Tyree.

10. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

You'll see Sunday that the Jets are your worst fucking nightmare. Get used to the pre-2001 years for the Patsies, they're coming back.

:gpc:

11. reilly

reilly Member

They did in Game 2 of the season. Jets have the same record against the pats as the Giants did in '08.

12. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

yeah you really have no idea what regression to the mean is do you? you just saw the word regression and made a comment...

I wish Statjeff was here to enlighten you but alas, I will have to give it a go...

As i like to think you are aware, the mean is an average. As in the average statistics displayed by Mark Sanchez over the course of his career. In two games in NE he has played two of probably his 4 worst career games in the NFL.

therefor if Mark were to Regress to the mean (aka his average statistics) he would would actually improve his stats quite significantly in foxboro and at worst, cut down his interception totals. Which just by doing that, will keep us in the game and get everyone playing better.

It had nothing to do with the performance of the pats regressing to the pack. Simply one player returning to his more normal performance by raising his level of play would be huge in the favor of the jets. Also hell if Brady were to regress to his mean, or this years average stats, the Jets would improve as well. You can't deny Brady played possibly his most masterful game of the year against the Jets, what he did definately was "above his average." So if brady comes back down to earth, and Sanchez has an average (for him) game, the Jets will be in an exceptional spot Sunday night.

again regression to the mean is not returning to the average performance of just any old NFL QB, but the average performance of either Sanchez or Brady. Obviously the average performance by Sanchez is much much worse than the average performance by Brady. So even if they both regress towards their "mean" performances, the Pats will undoubtably have better QB play.

13. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

PATS INJURY REPORT: BRANCH 'QUESTIONABLE'
    By: Mike Petraglia
    Print
    from WEEI website

FOXBORO -- Six Patriots were listed as questionable for Sunday on Friday's injury report, including rookie OLB Jermaine Cunningham. The only player listed as doubtful is defensive lineman Myron Pryor, who has been out with a back injury.The full injury report is as follows:

Did Not Participate
    DE Myron Pryor (back) Doubtful

Limited Participation in Practice
    LB Tully Banta-Cain (groin) Questionable
    WR Deion Branch (knee) Questionable
    DE Jermaine Cunningham (calf) Questionable
    TE Aaron Hernandez (hip) Questionable
    DE Eric Moore (hamstring) Questionable
    T Sebastian Vollmer (shin) Questionable

14. patriotsforever

Worst nightmare? Apparently trolls are not supposed to point this out, but the Ryan-Sanchez Jets have done nothing to suggest they can beat the Patriots in Foxborough (composite score of 76-17, Sanchez with one touchdown and seven interceptions etc.). Did you see the look on Ryan's face in the December game? He looked completely clueless. He was in way over his head and will be again.

15. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Ok and you lost to the underdog giants in the superbowl, doesn't look good for the Pats, does it?

and you stupid troll the gameplan was complicated by loosing our defensive play-caller 2 days before the game. Its gonna be different. I promise.

16. patriotsforever

Have you ever heard of homefield advantage? The Ryan-Sanchez Jets have won twice in New Jersey and lost twice in Foxborough. Where are they playing this Sunday?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I sure hope his posts do.......I mean progress to the mean, they couldn't possibly regess any further.

18. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I can't wait to see the look on your face when you're banned for admittedly trolling. I bet you'll look completely clueless, like your coach will be behind his hoodie when the scoreboard looks a little something like this at 0:00:

Jets - 27
    Gaytriots - 17

19. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Stop trolling. Your logic is dumb. There's a first for everything. I'm gonna end my statement with a question like you do. Ok?

20. patriotsforever

Is your front seven going to beat the crap out of the Patriots' offensive line and continually knock Brady down and keep constant pressure on him? If so, I give the Jets a chance, but I don't see any reason to think this will happen. Do you?