The Jets can win if ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Auburn

Auburn New Member

Jets only chance is to rush three and keep eight back on D. Force NE to run the ball. Let Ellis get 200 yards, who cares. You blitz Brady at home, you lose, period, end of story.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

We need Cromartie to play big. Bat everything down, if not, intercept it because we all know, despite what Cro said about Brady, he will target him the most for the long ball, not Revis (well, its not like Welker goes deep anyway). The Jets also need to get at these slow TEs, they are doable, not bullet-proof.

3. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

The Jets have to change up their defensive schemes. Blitz, zone, back to the blitz, zone, and so on and so forth. The front seven should also stand up and roam around as much as possible so Brady can't sit back in the gun and make a long pre-snap read.

On offense, they have to get up early and drain the clock down with the running game. Sanchez also pretty much has to play the game of his life(which he did in Week 2 given that was his best QB rating in any game of his career) for them to win.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex says they're deferring if they win the toss. I love getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter. Just keep it close in the first half Jets!

5. Auburn

Auburn New Member

That was at home, tough to play the game of your life on the road. #1, is to get the crowd out of the game. If the crowd is into it, Sanchez will be rattled, more than likely.

6. 624

624 Banned

I hope this isn't a trap game.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

HAHA-

I was waiting for that...

This does have trap written all over it. Coming off a big win, might look past them to get ready for the Ravens. ha

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

We need to overlook the next two gimmie's and get a game plan going for the Seattle game in February.

9. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Your offense shows up. (self explanatory)
    Your defense shows up. (self explanatory)
    Your coaching shows up. (no horse shit challenge on 3rd and 1 but you all go for it on 4th down...WTF was that from a few weeks ago?)

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am aware of that. I don't care what Ryan thinks. I have my opinion and I am right.

Heh.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This Jets team is simply not gonna win a shootout with the Pats. We have to play to our strengths and their weakness. This game is not the time to scheme outside our comfort zone.

The Jets are 4th in the league in rushing-Pats are 11th in defending the run.

Run, run, run. Shorten the game and keep Brady on the sidelines.

The Pats are 30th in the league at defending the pass- Jets are 22nd at throwing the ball.

Keep Sanchez in manageable 3rd down situations where play action will be effective. A solid run game will game open up pass opportunities.

The Pats are +28 in turnovers- Jets are +9

Simple. Don't turn the ball over. We're less likely to do that by running the ball. And the more Sanchez has the throw the ball...well, let's not find out until we need another clutch drive.:up:

Keep dumb penalties to a minimum, play smart, yadda yadda yadda...Beyond that, special team play can make a difference but it's not something to count on.

To sum up. RUN THE BALL.

I'll defer the defensive game plan to Rex Ryan. He's got a bit more experience.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said, but I'd like to add something.

If the Pats start playing.....questionably....someone in the front 7 needs to bring that level to Brady.

Who here remembers Jarvis Green(e?) rolling up on Pennington?

Rex needs to know that IN THIS GAME...his 'if you take a swipe at one of ours' has to be a truism.

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

A lot of our success has to do with the start of the game. NE is known for scoring on their first possession, and unfortunately, we have been pretty poor in that category.
    If we can somehow keep them off the board in the first quarter, we will be able to play the type of game we played with Indy.

One place I strongly agree with white shoe, is Rex's desperation in our last game with NE. The challenge, going for it on 4th from our territory and the 57 yard FG let me know that Rex was either too scared, or too proud to walk out of the first possession without points. That has to change. No more 57 yarders setting up a short field.

Lets start fast and get some confidence into these guys early. I would love to see a ball controll offense. A lot of runs, high percentage passing game, and a few shots downfield on 2nd and short.

No more 3rd and 5 bombs in critical situations please.

15. Hobbes3259

As long as it coincides with mine...:beer:

16. Hobbes3259

That won't work. Brady will know. He sees Giselle fake one every Saturday night.

17. Hobbes3259

Here's the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Schotty in the meeting room, convincing Rex, that 'It failed so badly...THEY'LL NEVER EXPECT IT!"

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

the 45-3 blowout was a blessing.

no one, i mean no one, is giving us a chance when in reality everything was in NE's favor the last game. From leonard getting whacked 4 days before the game to facing a new short passing game we were NOT prepared for (rex admitted his schemes were far to complex for a defense that just lost their QB).

look, brady is the exact same brady we beat 2 months ago.

trust me, if ANYONE is worried sick about the possibility of losing this game, it ain't us.

belicheck has said over and over the last game means nothing. you know why? because he knows it's true. belicheck got the one team he was hoping he would NOT get.

19. patriotsforever

I'm sure the winningest head coach of the last ten years, who almost never loses at home, especially in the playoffs, is petrified facing a second year coach and a quarterback who makes about 50% of his throws.

20. Hobbes3259

And that beats him 50% of the time.

Which means they are due.....