Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We keep confusing the two calls.

In your case, I agree. much the same as that F*ng out route that clanked of Holmes' hands on 3rd down.

In my instance, we're down one late, with no time on the clock.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I was so angry at BS for having MS overthrow his receivers. What kind of game plan was that?

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Are you kidding, man?? That is signature Schotty game planning right there. Convince your opponent that your stud QB is aimless by throwing balls recklessly all over the field, then appear to lose confidence in him by running down after down, then when they aren't expecting it - ZING!! TD!! :eek:hmy:

:wink:

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I saw this quote from Edwards in an ESPN article:

"We take a conservative approach," the veteran wide receiver said. "We try to feel people out and see what defenses are doing as opposed to going at them."

This is one of my main problems with Shotty. The Jets have enough talent that they can line up and beat the other team. There's no reason that they should let the defense dictate what they are going to do. It seems too often that there is no plan going into the game and they are unable to pick the weaknesses on the defense and attack them from the start. If we're gonna have any chance this week, Braylon is right.. gotta start hot and put the pressure on them.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Well, I've always said Schotty is the anti-Rex because he's a Mangini guy.

He doesn't know how to attack. But against the Colts they did attack and Sanchez wasn't accurate... then they went back to their identity and took the game over.

Funny how things work out.

6. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

shotty likes to overthink himself. His gameplan must be like "how am i gonna look smarter than everyone else"

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I get flamed on here for being a Schotty "apologist", but I'll say it again ... 90% of our offensive problems have nothing to do with the playcalling.

Sanchez is simply way too innacurate with his passes. His completion percentage is a joke and it needs to improve to 60%. How? I don't know ... but I'm not about to blame the OC, when our QB overthrows a wide open Keller for what should have been an easy TD, and then throws a terrible pick on the next play.

There's alot to like about Sanchez, but at this point in his career there are so many times when his inaccuracy absolutely kills us. I'm not saying Schotty is some offensive genius, but ... if a guy is open, get the ball in his goddamn hands.

#1807 truthbtold, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  8. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

the wildcat must die!!!!!!

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So, after a successful 1st down conversion, you let Brad Smith in for Wildcat, out of which you get an eye-whopping 1 fucking yard, right? That's also because Sanchez is so inaccurate, right?

And, if you KNOW Sanchez was inaccurate all night, what do you dial up on 3rd and 5, with the time winding down when you are trying to hold on to the lead? RIGHT! YOU MUST GO FOR THE 50 YARD BOMB!

I mean, some people obviously lack the ability to learn, let alone think.

10. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

This is what the Jets tried when the got their doors blown off by 30+ points. Instead of feeling out the Pats & starting the offense conservatively they start shotgun & no huddle & try to attack first.

===
    That first half against the Colts, Sanchez came out throwing & the Jets O was attacking also.

11. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I'm not understanding your points here to be honest.
    Are you denying Sanchez was inaccurate? Or stating the WildCat itself is a failure because it got stopped for 1-yard on that play?

#1811 ajax, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  12. HighFlyingJets

It's easy to blame Shotty Jr when things go wrong, but I've actually enjoyed having Shotty around. Rex has made it known, to the media, that Shotty has a great offensive I.Q. Marty's boy would be long gone if Rex didn't believe in Shotty as an up & coming OC.

07 was a disaster due to a depleted O-line, no run game, & Kellen @ QB. We've made the playoffs 3 out of 5 years under Shotty; & would have been 4 out of 5 if not for Favre getting hurt. You cant blame Jr. for 08; our O was explosive until #4 sh*t the bed.

Jr. worked magic in 06 with a limited QB in Chad. Don't ask me how he made that offense click either. No talent what so ever. Two rookie O-Lineman in Brick & Mangold. Barlow, Blaylock & Houston @ RB (until Leon late in the season). Lack of WR talent in Coles, McCareins, Dwight, Smith & an unproven J-Co.

We've ranked top 5 in rushing & made the playoffs two years in a row under Jr. As #6 develops with playing time, our O will become great under Jr. Our passing attack improved plenty this season.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is about a 53% passer.

But...LOOK at what he's asked to do.

Outside the Numbers, Down the field.

When we run an adequate number of short passes and inside slants....(Pitt, Chi) he completes at 65%.

Hardly inaccurate.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Why the fuk is SHotty so scared of the Endzone????

Every fukin week!!!

We are right there and he calls plays that will get 3-4 yds @ MAX.

I am done with this bitch

15. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

why the folk are we running the wildcat after the qb completes a pass fu&k come on you are kidding me

16. chinopec

chinopec Member

another wide open receiver missed by sanchez

17. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Up the middle every play....schotty is retarded.

18. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Schotty erased every sweep and off tackle play from the playbook cause he hates playing outside the hashmarks.

19. Royal Tee

Shotty refuses to get 1st downs on 1st & 2nd down....

He also is calling everything up the gut and to the sidelines as he has done waay too much..

All this is is a way to try and minimize mistakes...IMO
    That's playing not to lose which is pathetic @ this point in the season...

You need points, not "short" 3rd downs

20. Royal Tee

Why the Fuk is he running up the gut on 3rd & 5!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHYW HYWYWYHWYGWYGWYHWYWGHYWHGYWGYGWWHYW