Are the NY Jets currently the most hated team in American Sports?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 13, 2011.

1. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Exactly lol.

Now back to the subject, I find it hard to believe the Jets are more hated than the Pats, they cannot be and I don't believe that. Maybe they're just getting weighted down with Rex talking, but I don't think that's enough to warrant that much hate, at least not that I've heard around here. With that said, I have picked the Jets to win in a close game 38-35.

2. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. Although I didn't hate Minnesota just because of Favre, he brings all his own problems and practically begs to be hated on. Cowboys, yep, as long as Jerry Jones has anything to do with them, they're right up there too.

3. The Jets get all the bad stuff that goes with being a NY team, without any of the good stuff. They get the hatred that other markets have for just the letters "NY." They get every little negative blown out of proportion, and every positive slighted.

But they don't get any of the positives. They aren't one of the establishment NY teams. They don't get the calls. They don't get the league offices bending over backwards for them. They don't get the overrating that establishment NY teams get.

It's really the worst of both worlds for the Jets.

4. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think teams start hating more on the team once Favre showed up.

There were some real circuses going on this year and Minnesota was right at the top. Between Childress and Favre snipping at each all season, Moss begging for the Patriots to take him back, that was just high comedy.

5. Going4more

Going4more New Member

No

Yankees
    Patriots
    Heat
    Raiders

6. Rascio

Rascio New Member

This is such a great post. So true.

7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

it feels that way, even though we havent won anything in a long time. Some will put up an argument and say the Patriots but it just doesnt feel that way at all. In big games, Patriot heads just pop out of nowhere.

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm not really going to bother reading this thread all the way through, but to respond to the title, no.

9. Ao11111

Ao11111 New Member

No, i'm rooting for the Jets. I'm sure alot of other Baltimore fans are too for a home game in the AFC championship.

10. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

people hate what they fear and can't understand.

People fear us cause we are the most dangerous team in the NFL, they can't understand how we are so good.

the hate's gonna get worse when we steamroll the patriots.

it's gonna be like "da jehts kan't be soo good, HATE HATE"

11. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

So people hate my Dolphins because they fear them?

haha I think not

People hate things/teams because they get on their nerves

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Jets and their fans hate the Dolphins. The rest of the world really doesn't care about them.

13. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

People hate Rex and the Jets. And the fans (or maybe just me!).

People hear Rex run his mouth about this or that. But they only hear the headline. They dont investigate the entire story. He talks a big game but he is obviously brutally honest in his feelings. And he doesnt hold any of that back. Which is why i love him.

And we have the most entertaining team in all of sports.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

If we win the superbowl this year, spewing all of our bravado, we will easily become the most hated team in sports. Until then, I still have my money on the Heat or Yankees.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It should be, and the fetus should be aborted immediately. It would be a back to the future moment. The McFly you posted would automatically disappear and your post would never have to been made.

#75 Miamipuck, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The vast majority of the NFL would love to see the Jets pull the upset on the paytoilets. It will be hilarious if they can overcome the odds and shut up their critics on Sunday.

#76 AbdulSalam, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  17. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Ha ok well revel in your "hate" that you have had for 2 years and think it is due to people fearing you.

I think if I was picking a delusion of grandeur it would be something more worthwhile than asserting my football team was the most hated

18. The Mak

The Mak New Member

It's not an assertion, just look at any comment section of a Jets article on any site of your choosing.

Hell, at least half the comments that praised Sanchez on the ESPN Sanchez/Aiden Binkley article were prefaced with "I HATE the Jets but Sanchez bluh bluh bluh etc....."

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

u mad? When did I ever say any of it has to do with fear? Don't put words in my mouth.

People hate the Jets, for better or for worse it's a fact. I simply said that people don't care about the Dolphins...what about that assertion is false?

You're not even trying to make sense with that delusion of grandeur nonsense.

20. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Like I said, if you want to believe it is true so badly what's stopping you?