Whining About Anti-Jets Media (x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 12, 2011.

1. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

What a surprise. I really don't know if anyone is taking the Jets this weekend besides us Jet fans.

#241 AJayJay, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

47%

Dat's his pick puhcentage for da season. That's uhtrocious. UHTROCIOUS!

3. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

My week is now complete.

4. dgonx

dgonx New Member

Wait... so what you're saying is that the Patriots are a favorite? Interesting...

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

:lol::lol::lol:

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

holy shit....some generic sports journalist is picking the Pats?!

ground breaking stuff right there.

7. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Great game, I watched it. One of the best games ever for what it stood for!

8. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Reggie jackson to jets "get educated"

Count Reggie Jackson among those who believe the Jets' Antonio Cromartie made the wrong move by calling New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady an "ass----" earlier this week.

Jackson had a simple message for Cromartie when he was asked about the cornerback's comments on Thursday during an appearance on "The Michael Kay Show" on 1050 ESPN Radio.

"What are you talking about? What are you doing? Shut up, play football," Jackson said. "What are you talking about [Patriots coach] Bill Belichick and these people for? Spend your time looking at film, spend your time knocking down a pass. What are you doing? You're not affecting Brady; you're wasting time."

Reggie Jackson
    MLB legend Reggie Jackson joins 1050's "The Michael Kay Show" on what he feels about all the chatter coming from the Jets and if he thinks that's a good idea.

Jackson also said Jets coach Rex Ryan made a mistake when he questioned Brady's decision to attend the Broadway play "Lombardi" last Saturday instead of watching the Jets' 17-16 wild-card win over the Colts.

"This guy is an automatic Hall of Famer, making fun of him is like making fun of Mariano Rivera," Jackson said. "What are you doing? What are you doing?"

Jackson added that he enjoyed listening to Ryan and said that the boisterous coach's banter is "basically harmless."

But he didn't have any kind words for Cromartie, who he said doesn't have the credentials to talk about the three-time Super Bowl-winning Patriots.

"Go look at the hardware, dude. Walk through the lobby up there and look at the stuff that's there," Jackson said. "You don't have that, you don't have anything close to that. You might want to shut up, you might learn something. Read, you might figure something out. Watch film, you might get educated. If not, you have a chance to get embarrassed on Sunday. I hope you don't, because I like the Jets."

On Tuesday, Cromartie complained to the New York Daily News about Brady pointing to the Jets' sideline after throwing a touchdown pass on the first play of the fourth quarter, which gave New England a 38-3 lead in its eventual 45-3 win

"We see that a lot. He does it a lot," Cromartie told the Daily News. "That's the kind of guy he is. We really don't give a damn, to tell you the truth."

Asked what kind of guy Brady is, Cromartie said "ass----," according to the Daily News.

Why?

"That's what I think about him. I don't really give a damn about him," he said, according to the report. "I don't have to play against him. I play against the receivers."

Rather than complaining about Brady, Jackson thinks Cromartie and the Jets need to spend their time studying film of the two-time Super Bowl MVP to prepare for Sunday's divisional-round showdown between the Pats and Jets in New England.

"My friend, you need to figure out how to cover No. 83 [Patriots WR Wes Welker] this weekend. You need to figure out how to cover some of those guys [Brady is] throwing the ball to," Jackson said.

Jackson didn't believe that Cromartie's expletive-laden diatribe would affect Brady on Sunday afternoon. He also didn't have a problem with any celebrating Brady may have done after he threw one of his four touchdown passes against the Jets in their last meeting.

"Don't [be] mad because I get excited because I did well. Or try to pretend like I'm acting some way because I dropped 40 on you in the first three quarters," Jackson said. "This guy threw 50 touchdown passes in one year. He won three Super Bowls. Was he embarrassing to people when he was excited because he won? You don't know what he's talking about because you've never won. So don't tell me how he thinks. You don't know. Acknowledge that. That's not my opinion, that's fact."

9. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

Hahahahaha boys we must be the most hated team america for sure i love it!!!!!

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hell has officially frozen over: Reggie Jackson is telling somebody to be humble.

11. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I'm curious what pierre turgeon thinks about all this

12. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

yeah, the same guy who said "If i played in New York, they'd name a candy bar after me" has any right to tell anybody to shut up.

die in a fire reggie. no one gives a fuck what you think about football.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

reggie jackson seriously said this? hahahahahah holy fuck wow

14. Brick

Brick Member

Reggie Jackson is a dick.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What's truly amazing is when people say things like "man go watch film, go practice, go do football stuff" as if Cro and Rex went out of their way LBJ "The Decision" style to air their grievances. Reporters ask them questions and they answer them.

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Is it my perception or is 2011 the first year that everyone in America gives a shit as to trash talking during the NFL playoffs?

17. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Look who said it and who it was said too.

That's the difference. You have someone attacking the NFL Golden child.

Fuck Tom Brady he's an asshole.

18. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Let us not forget early in the Summer of 2010, when Brady was asked whether he'd watch "Hard Knocks," his response was of course, "I hate the Jets," but that was OK, right?

19. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

I'm surprised this thing became as big of a deal as it has. Slow news week in NY, huh?

20. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

This team reminds of the jerry glanville teams he coached in the late 80's and early 90's i love all the attention we are getting. rex ryan has made the new york jets significant....