HAAA! Welker takes a jab at Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Jan 13, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

None of that is actually funny though. A foot fetish video is funny. Now if there were videos on the internet of BB banging a donkey and Cromartie started talking about an ass, that would be funny.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You might even dig your heels in and ask 3!

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Unfortunately for Ryan his personal predicament is seen as funny and Belichiks isn't.

4. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

This is funny stuff yes, and well done, but just so I am clear... Rex puts a wig on and pretends to be his brother in a press conference, he's a "buffoon". Rex does the thing about his wife being a model and Giselle and stuff, and he's "classless" and doesn't "take the game seriously", but Welker uses an interview to mock Rex's supposed foot fetish and it's "Maybe it’s all a coincidence, but we really doubt it. And that would be no fun." and "hey, the game is entertainment"? Just want to see where the double standard starts, and where it ends.

And by the way, I don't think this is over a line or anything. I just wonder why it takes a Patriots player making fun of the Jets HC for the talk before the game to suddenly be all in fun and not serious, etc.

#64 Sanpetejets, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  5. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

That's the double standard. When Rex speaks his mind in a press conference, the media makes it out to be some kind of earth shattering revelation with serious and dire consequences for the Jets, and sometimes mankind, in general.

6. I Come in peace

I Come in peace New Member

The Jets should come out tomorrow and make references to wanting to "wreck the Pats home" this Sunday. As we all remember for years Belichick was banging that ex secretary of the Giants and her husband claimed he ruined their marriage and fucked up his kids. I think her name was Sharon Shenecocca or something, husband was a real pussy going to media and crying about his wife banging another guy, but it was BB and that makes it even better. Thus one guy might like feet and fisting and humilation and all the stuff they had on that profile, but BB is a home wrecker.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

It's over the line - my opinion. But I'm not angry about what Welker said.

Excellent post. This IS the case and this is what we, as Jets fans, should be pissed off about. The double standard is ridiculous and the media heads will never accept that or talk about it. That's the problem. A doosh like Fatcessa will never acknowledge what Welker said was over the line. Its all fun, but Rex is the buffoon. Nice double standard.

QFT

No I don't really care what Welker said and I'm not offended byit. I'm only offended by the double standard provided by the media.

8. benhamean

benhamean Member

That would be a laugh riot.

9. benhamean

benhamean Member

Rex has spent a whole lot of energy this year cultivating the buffoon image. That is the difference, not some double standard.

10. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

again, this is inferred from the media.
    rex doesn't talk shit every week, he has light banter with the media.
    this image is all taken out of context.

11. Going4more

Going4more New Member

Can't wait to have ten so I can see it.

12. jaguarthecarnotateam

he looks, and sounds, just like my g-damnd ex bro-in-law; smug sonofabit#h; hope he drops 5 passes

13. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

How has he cultivated it. Aren't the examples I used just him having fun? Is it because he's fat? Does that make him, when he's having some fun in a press conference, a "buffoon"?

Still not sure how he has "cultivated" a buffoon image. Why is Wes Welker taking a personal situation with Rex Ryan and making a joke out of it "all in good fun" and "reminding us it's entertainment", and Ryan is ACTUALLY trying to be entertaining, and trying to have fun, taken as him being not serious about the game, brash and brazen and a buffoon?

And again, please don't misconstrue this as me having a problem with welker having some fun here. I am actually glad that one Patriot had the guts to go on the record and at least show a pulse. The whole situation to me just further illustrates my point... Kill Rex on the things he says that are idiotic, or brazen or brash, NOT what you wished he said, hoped he said or was rumored to say. Watch one of his press conferences without the media blinders on and you'll see a guy who almost always heaps praise on his opponent, rarely if ever disrepects said opponent, and ALWAYS qualifies his "outlandish" statements with "I believe... " or "In my opinion... " or ".. and NOW we get a chance to prove it.". Don't just blindly buy what the media, his OWN media, are selling about this guy. All his pressers are available on newyorkjets.com the day of, and they are actually must see TV for Jets fans.

And for God's sake... why is a coach who is outside the coach speak mold and different sooo very bothersome to the NFL and it's fans. It's a double standard. So be it, for sure, but don't expect Jets fans to be okay with it.

#73 Sanpetejets, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. We make jokes about the funny.

Luckily...we ignore the f*ng pathetic.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Beli has spent a whole lot of time cultivating a prick with secrets image. (Which Eric copied)

His extramarital activities play right into that.

No Double standard?

Did you miss English the day they taught LITERACY?

16. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Would not be surpriesd to see Welker subject to a cheap shot in this game, and most likely Gronkowski too for injuring Ihedigbo in the last game. Hope Revis shoves his foot right in Welker's ass

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Welker's a clown.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Props to Welker that was creative, not to funny as they are jokes we have heard a million times.

We love the shit Rex does for the most part. This is the result, we just have to deal with it.......who gives a fuck.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

damn welker is a badass making fun of rex ryans wife.

20. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

It was funny.. I liked how he kept a straight face throughout the whole thing lol.. Now, he can go fall in a puddle of aids..