Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. The fact that you didn't even mention Ferguson, means this isn't even worth arguing.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly. That's the other key I should have expanded on. The Pats always jump out to fast starts, and then their defense can focus on the opposing passing game, cause some turnovers, and rout teams. That's what they want to do.

The Jets need to withstand the Pats' early charge. Don't let the Pats get a touchdown first. Our offense always starts off slowly. Just stay in the game. 6-0 Pats after the first quarter isn't the worst thing in the world if our offense is starting to turn it on.

I'm hoping the Pats' youth hurts them in this game. Usually, Bellichick after a bye is money. I'm sure his team will be super prepared as usual, but they really couldn't have been playing any better than they were before, so maybe this will cool them off a bit, and all the rookies and young players take a bit to adjust to the playoffs.

3. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I agree except I think the Pats top to bottom are superior as a TEAM and coaching at this point of the year and the consistency of each team over the last 7 weeks or so.

Turnovers, knocking brady down, sanchez at his best and a kicker at his best and Rex being 1000 times the coach he was the last game for he was sooooooo outcoached and made calls like a first game coach.

I just rewatched the game with a few friends and Revis and LT were huge but this isn't Indy with a poor record and play that had this year. Huge that you won in all that noise. but Jets have to fix so much and it starts with Rex improving as a coach.

gonna be fun

4. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Gronkowski has been awesome but he has dropped perhaps a few balls in a row as has Welker. I don't have alot of faith in your kicker although he was a hero at Indy.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I do have a clue. Just because you say it's so doesn't make it so.
    Light, Mankins, Koppen, Connolly, Vollmer Three of them are multiple probowlers and Vollmer is on the verge.

7. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Ohh I am aware of his background and concerned but I like our kicker tons more. Miss kicks can miss a game. Adam missed tons of SB kicks and important kicks but hit the important ones, BUT if he hit the earlier kicks the last one wouldn't be so important

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Again, I said as a group. This obsession with superstars means nothing. The pats have a strong starting 5 and have 3 players they can plug in without creating a major hole. I don't think the jets can say that.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Then why the 2nd post on it?

10. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Great that leaves the pats O Line for me.
    When Pats have their O Line healthy I want the Pats OLINE and Neal was under Mankins in meanness. Mankins tossed your dline around like raggetty anne dolls last game

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think the Patriots offensive line is clearly superior to the Jets even if they are a decent unit themselves. Many times Brady has all day to throw. And while Ben-Jarvis-Ben-Ellis and Woodhead are good they aren't THAT good. Plus I think Dante Scarneccia is the 2nd best coach on the Patriots. They handle injuries very well.

12. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

CLANG or whatever our whole line even with Hunter is still very good. Slauson could be the only exception he holds quite a bit.

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I wouldn't

Like said before our offensive line has one of the best coaches out there and they have held names like Peppers, Freeney, Mathis, to 1 sack combined.

14. What sets the Pats apart is that they really want to win. They're true winners. They have heart, and class, and show it every week.

The Jets don't want to win. Only the Pats really want to win, and only the Pats have heart and class.

The only thing that could trip up the Pats is that they have spent the entire week helping grandmothers cross the street, instead of actually practicing. Of course, they should be able to overcome this with their greatness and desire to win, and their teamwork. That, plus the fact that the Jets have spent the past week kicking puppies and kittens instead of practicing.

15. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

To say the Patriots last nine weeks is fluky is a pretty crazy and dumb statement. With that said, to say the Jets don't have a chance to win on Sunday, that's also a pretty crazy and dumb statement.

Its going to be a fun, crazy, wild and interesting game. I can't wait for Sunday!

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Nice Avvy.

Trannies-R-Us?

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Pro Bowl is a joke, the fact that anyone is in or out should never be brought into a talent discussion.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Patriots and Jets offensive line is a wash, they're both excellent. Who gives a shit if one's an A while the other is an A-...the game won't be won because one offensive line is significantly better than the other

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Of course you would think that, you're a Pats fan.

Having a QB like you do helps your oline dramatically. Our line as seen in many games gets the run game going with the box stacked. The Pats line could never do that.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

anybody else tired of this? Every time on sports radio, it doesnt matter where you tune in, watch a sports channel, w/e, its about REX RYAN. WTF?! REX RYAN takes up about 90% of sport shows it seems. Why are so many getting their panties in a bunch because he said Manning would of watched the game and all his other comments? This sh!t is annoying. Cant wait for Sunday because I wonder how the media would react IF the JETS do win.