Yahoo Sports - Proof that Brady taunted the Jets. Now, so what?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dthomas53, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

It's such a stupid argument, if the Vikings don't give away the farm for Herschel Walker do Jim Kelly and Marv Levy win 2 or 3 SB's? Does Joe Gibbs get 2 more? How about Steve Young? Does he win 4 straight?

You can't change facts to help your argument, it's basically admitting defeat.

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Maybe we just don't get it.

He was trying to make things simple for me so that I could understand.

3. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Wow, kindergarden, Brady didn't walk out on anyone in fact hehad broken up with ms Blue Bloods and then found out she was pregnant AFTER and He is raising that boy in his home and has never forgotten his name, so go back and was your Cromartie poster and pillowcase set and dream.Why outside of seeing someone pass out few have interviewed worse than that boy,

So when we all see apples you see basketballs. WOW you sure have a way to comparing the ocean to the drips of water in a sink. Your poster and pillowcase set is safe with me.

8 kids in one year AND he forgot their names which is what I'm talking about. Classic hero. He hates Brady because brady comes to play and seeing where brady only speaks on the field then what's the problem?

#103 patswinagain, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Every team trash talks.

The difference between the Pats and the Jets is that the Jets say it out in the public, and the Pats keep everything in house. The Pats master subtlety. The Jets don't hide anything.

Brady talks and taunts on the field, just like the Jets do, and then he plays nice in the media like he doesn't do anything.

5. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

Well I said Peter King for one and he was one of the harshest critics out there of the Patriots for the taping...he still is , he's just suggesting that their record since they were punished is even better which is something that should be considered.

I'll admit that I look at this through homer eyes if you'll admit that you look at it through rival’s eyes. I'm not even saying they didn't "cheat". They broke the rules and were rightfully punished. Walsh, the cameraman who sang like a canary because he had an axe to grind never mentioned during the game communications. This is getting too far away from the original post but I do appreciate you discussing it civilly. Probably deserves a thread all it's own.

As far as Brady goes his story isn't done yet cause he may be around for 5 more years or so. who knows, maybe Rogers or Ryan will be in the GOAT discussion by then?

6. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Thomas helped lose two of ths superbowls by fumbling without checking stats and having watched them live. Scott Norwood missing a gimmie so as you say even the draft has nothing to do with the poor play.

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Get a room.

My entire point was that Brady is as successful as he has been because he's been fortunate enough to have Belichick as his HC. So by asking, essentially, if he would be as successful without Belichick is me admitting defeat? In whose world?

Granted, you can't exactly remove pieces of history and ask, "what if?". But we did, and so that is the debate. Nearly every analysis in regards to sports is based on "what if?". What is Leaf went 1st? What if Mo didn't KO Bledsoe? What if our defensive scheme was this in our 45-3 loss to the Patriots?

All debates are about toying with the factors and comparing perspectives.

8. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

Tom Brady is an ass...Put a whoopin' on him so my Steelers and the Jets can have a rematch..

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Who cares? Stupid thread. So what if he talks trash, so do we. This is football. Just beat these fucks.

10. Barry the Baptist

So how about this, Belli had failed in Cleveland and was 5-11 in 2000 (or well on to his way to failing in New England) so how about how successful would Belli have been without Brady? The facts would dictate not very.

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

And futhermore, who gives a flying shit about this? Is this TMZ or a football forum? I don't give a damn about Tom Brady's kids, or Cromarties kids for that matter. Let's talk football.

12. Barry the Baptist

I understand that King may have been a critic but nobody knows what was on those tapes except the Pats and the league. My guess is that there had to be an edge if not a small one at the least for them to do it after they were told not to. Of course I look at things through a rivals eyes, it probably shades my judgment in that I'm going to assume the worst but the destroying of the tapes is what really got me fired up about it. If it was nothing show everybody and it's a dead issue. That's not what happened so I have to assume it was done out of protection and integrity of the league.

Maybe one of those guys passes Brady but I doubt it. I look at Bradford and see a very good QB if he can avoid injuries and get some weapons. He has a good defensive minded coach and he has a workhorse RB. Build up that OL and the Rams could challenge again in a few years.

13. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

Right, Sam Bradford has a lot of upswing too. We played the Rams in the pre-season. Of course that's when the Pats densive rookies played like rookies but Bradford freaking lit it up. He barley let off in the regular season. Time will tell but I'm a believer.

14. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I usually don't even comment on these discussions, but... the tapes were destroyed by the NFL (who would seem like the proper authority to make that decision), not by the patriots without their permission, as you seem to believe.

From the following article:
    Goodell, in his previously scheduled news conference Friday in Phoenix, said, "I am more than willing to speak with the senator. There are very good explanations why the tapes were destroyed by our staff -- there was no purpose for them."

"We wanted to take and destroy that information," Goodell said. "They may have collected it within the rules, but we couldn't determine that. So we felt that it should be destroyed."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

When Brady trash talks and taunts its not reported as such. When Rex Ryan states that Manning is a great QB - THAT is reported as trash talking.

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I got no problem with it, I wish this wasn't a story. It makes us look like we're whining when someone else gives what we give.

17. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

What?

Damn you'z stoopid. Despite your best efforts, I've managed to make some sense out of that mishmash and infer that you must have a HUGE Tom Brady poster, with matching bed sheet.

18. LWC611

LWC611 Member

There is nothing in my quote that speaks of an SOJ mentality. I just believe the team should do its talking on the field and let its play speak for itself. This game will not be won or lost by anything said in the press, so why say anything. I love the confidence Rex shows, it is a great, sometimes I think he talks too much....

19. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I'm not picking the Jets or suggesting 8 kids with different ladies and forgetting their names to Tom being broken up with Bridget, and then finding out she is pregnant. Tom is raising his son, CROMARTIE is not and doesn't even know their names.:up:

20. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Yeah you're right but just answering his post. I have a few concerns for our Kicker, but Jet fans should have more concerns. Kicks inside of 43 are a must and noone has talked about kicking this week but tons before.

I just watched our last game and Jet players must have been bummin for Rex made alot of game costing calls that set his players up to lose.