Are the NY Jets currently the most hated team in American Sports?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 13, 2011.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

the Jets are not even close to being most hated. For one thing there are a TON of people who hate bellicik and the pats. not to mention the eagles. the cowboys. the redskins.

Sports wise the yankees are easily the most hated.

As for all this supposed trash talk - -please tell me specifically what trash talking Rex Ryan has done???? For once it would be great to see one person back up that allegation w/actual facts and specifics.

2. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ctZddZooiY[/youtube] re: haters.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It is fair to say that ESPN is trying to make the Jets the most hated. Haha.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, I pretty much said the same last week. Ryan's is not my personality, but what makes what he does okay with me is three things. The first two are that it seems to be genuine with him, and that imo it's not really trashtalking in the first place. Being genuine makes it seem like he's not doing it for some calculated effect, and is merely saying what he thinks. I don't see the problem with that, and the second point is that it's not really bad when you parse it out. I to the contrary think he sometimes gives too much credit to opponents, but personally I've never heard him directly diss any opponent. For example what he said recently about Brady was all of playful, probably truthful, and perhaps may have the attendant benefit of getting into Brady's head. But on the latter point I don't think that is why Ryan said it by any stretch.

That leads to the third consideration, which is that it doesn't seem to have hurt the Jets. If it did, I would not support it, obviously.

5. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

Rex Ryan hasn't "Talked" trash..He was asked a question..What was he going to say? He didn't want to beat Manning after Manning beat him how many times? He simply wasn't going to shirk away and praise Manning and try to be diplomatic. Talking trash would be like when the Ravens referred to the Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress as Plexiglass..etc..Simply saying you want to win is not talking trash.

6. ibergu

ibergu Member

I agree 100%. All this talk wouldn't fly if the Jets were sucking it up. But Rex knows we have a good (if not great) team and is not AFRAID to tell people about it.

I love it because it gives the Jets fans and its players some swag, something we haven't had much of before Rex. Like he says "Better watch out...Here comes the MF'n Jets!"

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Rex Ryan says the things that all coaches (I would hope) feel. Difference is, most coaches either don't have the balls to say them outloud to the public or they just don't have the confidence that Rex does.

I have no problem with Rex's talk. He backs it up for the most part. If this were Chan Gailey doing all the talk, I would feel differently.

8. black&gold

black&gold New Member

LOL! Neither of these guys were convicted of anything; but are felons? LOL, you're laughable. Braylon Edwards and Cromartie have several felonies, but of course there was one that was dropped on Cromartie, assault with a deadly weapon. Why; not enough evidence to convict, but I suppose that makes him a felon anyway, heck let's label him as such anyway. Oh and Santonio, one more arrest and bye-bye NFL. Why don't you ask Mark Sanchez what it's like to be arrested for sexual assault, he knows all about that. Glass houses.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cromartie has several felonies? Contrary to popular belief, having unprotected sex with a stranger is not a felony.

10. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

since when does getting laid make you a bad person? you can say he's dumb for not using a condom but he's far from a felon.

11. HighFlyingJets

I feel it's more of a jealousy than a hate as of now. Jealous that the Jets will be a great franchise for years to come under Rex. Now, if Rex & the Jets can win a SB; that same jealousy will turn into full blown NYJ hatred. I love it.

This Jets team reminds me of the 'U' after Jimmy Johnson got there. Jimmy allowed his players to have their own personality, those players loved to celebrate on the field, & damn did they love to talk smack. The same is now going on here with the Jets, the only difference is; our coach loves to join in on the fun. The players love it.

The Jets are 23-13 under Rex, including 3 road playoff wins in two years. We've had two top 5 D's & have gone 2-2 against NE. He's done it all with a young QB in Sanchez who's still raw.

As long as Rex is here; we'll be LOADED with talent. Players can only dream of playing for a coach such as Rex. Scott, Leonard & Douglas followed Rex from Balt to NY. L.T & Taylor were soon to follow. The clock is ticking on NE - NY is just getting started!

12. black&gold

black&gold New Member

I am calling him a felon based on the other poster mad back prime or whatever that being accused is the same as being a felon. Cromartie was accused of assault with a deadly weapon, hence a felon, right? I mean it's all the same.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You said he has several. What are the others?

14. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Personally, nope not a felon in my eyes, stupid yes, but stupid and bad decisions don't make you a criminal.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Whew!

filler

16. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Combing him and Braylon Edwards, not soley Cromarti. I believe the only other one was failure to appear in court, nothing major. Edwards arrests for drunk driving and aggravated assault. Just making a point to someone who thinks the Jets are pure like snow...no team is.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You arent a felon unless you have been convicted of a felony.

18. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think the Jets have climbed up the charts quite a bit this year. Wallgate/TripGate. Ryan is very entertaining but he loves to talk so much it's just amazing.

I would say the Patriots are still the most hated football franchise right now although the Cowboys and any team with Favre will be disliked heavily as well.

19. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

Can I requote you Sunday night say around 8:00PM? This ofcourse after the Jets get massacred by the more talented/skilled/popular/gifted Patriots team.

Patriots 52
    Jets 7

20. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

You have to be good to be hated.