Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

How else do you describe what Brady did without good weapons? To not throw a pick and to play nearly perfectly when his career ratio for td to int was basically 2 to 1 is an outlier.

So, he goes from being a guy that gets 1 int for every 2 td to a guy who throws no picks to 24 td's, and that is not a fluke?

The guy is due for a 3 int game, and it will happen this postseason. And when it does, the Pats will lose. And, it can very easily be this week.

2. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

The Patriots are the better team, anyone who asserts otherwise is foolish. But can the Jets win? You bet your ass they can:

-They just beat Peyton Manning with a new style of defense that may just confuse BB and Brady a little bit.

-They have playoff experience on defense and on offense.

-This is a divisional game, and the third between the two this year... these teams know each other. You can throw a lot of things out of the window.

-The Patriots young receivers and entire defense is playoff untested. That's right. They haven't played a pressure game in the playoffs. Could this be a factor? I don't know. When that throw is coming in a little high to Gronkowski, when it's 3rd and 6 on the Patriots 40 yard line in the 4th quarter, will that matter? It might.

This game should be close. And from there, one or two plays might decide it. If they go the Jets way, we can win.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They have better all around coaching and a better QB.

That is it. Put Chad Henne on the Pats and they are worse than the Bills.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Coaching. Belichick took a guy who hasn't started since high school and had him perform at a pro bowl level.

Nobody has a fluky 9 week period, he's performing at an all time high level. It pains me to say that but it's a fact. That's not to say the Jets can't beat him but to call this stretch of games a fluke is absurd.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Good point. He also had the whole challenge (obviously not getting overturned), followed up by going for it on that drive. The team responded to him being scared by playing scared themselves. We couldn't even punt correctly, everyone was out of there game.

6. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i think the jets D is gonna be much better prepared for this game.
    i think they have come together. they have a better idea what to expect this time with the revamped patriots offense. mix it up on D Rex!!! confuse the living fukk out them if you can.

7. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Just watched the game again and it couldn't be much worse. However alot more than the D. the entire Jets team fell on it's face but Rex made alot of bad calls in that game too. including questioning the spot.

8. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

And losing a time out on questioning a ball spot is one of his many game coaching errors

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that's all. The Pats have a stronger group of safeties, maybe a hair better O-line.

10. There is absolutely no way the pats have a better O-line than the Jets...sorry..

11. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

it really would be hard to get much worse than that game. i will give credit though to the patriots for letting Moss go, revamping their whole offense, and going 14-2, it really is impressive. but, with that horrible game to study, i think it will only help prepare better for this time around.

12. MadBacker Prime

WHAT?!?

I refuse to dignify this with a response.

13. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

The game may be kind close but it shouldnt be close. noone has talked about field goal kickers. I just watched the game again. You should too.

Turnovers and knocking brady down, Sanchez, your kicker and everyone must play at their best and you could pull of a great game to just stay even and your kicker miss the 3 that loses the games. Our kicker could too, but
    this isn't an equal team to team and Rex sure as heck knows pats are vastly superior at this point. Can the Jets win? of course but gonna take the game and coaching of their lives to even be even. Jets are not consistent from coaching to all players not named Revis.

Indy did not have many offensive targets and many coaching mistakes. They are not the old Indy team of the past, look at their record. Great win but again, look at their record, Indy luckily made the playoffs. I look at the last 6 or 7 games to show how the Jets are playing week to week NOW. Jets have tons of issues to fix, pats just a few as far as this matchup JETS / PATRIOTS

#953 patswinagain, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Why? Because it's true?

I think it's a fact. I'd take the 4 Safeties on the Pats over the jets safety group. And while the jets have two great players on the O-line (Mangold, Moore), I think the Pats depth gives them the edge, even if it is very close.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Ferguson is a top LT.

16. MadBacker Prime

Oline not a freakin chance.

You can't even name them...

I'd take Smith, Pool, Lowery, Diggs, (Leonhard) over Meriweather, Chung, Page and Sanders every single time.

They play a different defense. Both Pool and Smith played lights out last week.

Get a clue-

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Brady is "due" for a 3 INT game? After 9 straight weeks not throwing an INT, you want 3 INT's? I'd sign for one, and I'd be ecstatic we got one.

The turnover battle is crucial in this game. Our defense really doesn't force many turnovers, though we are good at creating fumbles. If we can force one turnover against the Patriots and not turn the ball over ourselves, we have a very good chance of winning this game.

Talent-wise, this isn't a major mismatch. But the difference between Sanchez and Brady is so huge, and it plays into the turnover battle. If the Jets can be even or even win the turnover battle, they'll have a shot. The Pats win by maximizing turnovers and field position and elite quarterback play. If we level the playing field in field position and turnovers, stay in the game, and use our running game, we have a chance in this game.

And our safeties aren't that good. Chung is a good player. Pool is playing well lately, but neither group of safeties are difference-makers.

I'll take our OL over the Pats' OL, but the Pats have played well up front, and Brady's expertise helps make the OL look even better. It's very close. Both are solid.

#957 Jetfanmack, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  18. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

oh NO!!! Leavy is horrible. reminds me of Steelers and Seattle

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good post and I agree :up: Another key thing would be to strike first. Can't fall behind quickly like that Monday Night Game. I believe the Jets were down 14-10 at the break in Week 2. Plus down 7-0 at the half last week, so they can come back, but can't go too far down early. If the Jets can strike first at 7-0, I think it can change how the game is played.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

eh, the Pats have a better LG and RT. The Jets clearly have the better LT, C and RG. You haven't been paying attention if you think Matt Light is better than D'Brick.