Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Sorry....I've dealt with BS from this fanbase for far too long. If they're gonna call the jets classless, I will keep referencing the hypocrisy at hand. I don't care if I sound like a broken record 50 times over.

It isn't about pointing the finger at something that happend 3 years ago. You're right, it has no bearing over the game this Sunday. But I refuse to sit back and let the opposition be bullies and call the jets and their fans less than credible, with the history as we know it.

2. MAYO51

MAYO51 New Member

pre 1969 - 1 superbowl wins (where you alive?)
    post 1969 - 0 suberbowl wins:

rofl:

3. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

Great post!

4. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Here are the Head Refs for the Divisional Playoffs. GO JETS!

Divisional Playoffs

January 15
    4:30 – Ravens at Steelers – Jeff Triplette
    8:00 – Packers at Falcons – John Parry

January 16
    1:00 – Seahawks at Bears – Al Riveron
    4:30 – Jets at Patriots – Bill Leavy

5. Where alive? What?

If you're gonna start a pissing match at least have proper grammer.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's pretty lame.

In point of fact I think we all who want to talk about the game itself and what to expect knew as soon as the Indy game was over that this game would come down to:

1. NE receivers - can they be covered by the Jet secondary? The 12/5 game would suggest not, along with other games the Jet db's other than Revis and Cromartie had problems. But we don't know. Neither do the Pats fans.

2. MS inconsistency. Again, who knows? It's an issue, but I don't know what to expect. Neither do the Pats fans.

3. Special Teams. This could be an edge for the Jets. I think it will be. That's the only major variable at work here that I feel pretty good about, though. The first two, repeat - we just don't know.

I think that about covers it, other than perhaps the injury report. Sucks about Woody.

But yea, I don't have much to say about the war of words with Pats fans. For a long time now i recognize that while there are some long time real fans among them, most didn't even know what a football looked like before 2001. Who cares what people like that think and say?

7. MAYO51

MAYO51 New Member

sorry about that kurty... well, were you??

8. No I wasn't. What's your point? is this your half-assed version of "1918"? Jets will win another SB in my lifetime...and when they do..the media and all you patty cakes will be nowear...i mean noWHERE to be found

9. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

:up:
    Oh that explains the Eric Mangini avatar, thats your only frame of reference.
    No wonder you hang your hat on this silly ass stuff. Whole lifetime you've been under the Patriots shadow, too bad you missed Parcells he was a good one.
    :up:

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What's your point? Before Spygate the Patriots history was fail as well.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Look, it's not an opinion it's a fact that the Patriots are a better team than the Jets. They're better coached and have the better QB. The thing is, that doesn't mean shit this Sunday. The Jets need to be better than the Patriots for 60 minutes. Can they do it? We'll see. Back afta dis

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We have the better defense and Special Teams, and Rbs, and WRs, and oline.

Other then that, I'd agree.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Patriots defense has given up 3, 7, 27, 3, and 7 in there last 5 games. They are playing at a very high level.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Seriously. The Pats are quickly becoming the most over-rated team we played this year.

If we had an NFL caliber qb and OC, we would be mortal locks to win. However, because of 45-3, and a flukish 9 weeks by Brady, no one gives us a chance.

The Pats are worse than the Colts if we are being objective about it. If we can beat the Colts with Sanchez, we can beat the Pats. And, I know that I will be disappointed if the Jets lose because they are the better team.

#934 milcus, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I dont say this much, but listen to Mike Francessa if you want to know why. He has done a good job covering the "success" of the Pats defense.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The played the Bills, Phins, backup QB put up 27, Bears O was slowed down due to the weather and we shit the bed.

Our backup D shut the Bills out, Brunell threw a pick 6 as you know.

They are improved but we're better on D.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A flukish 9 weeks? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

18. Actually my avatar consists of Eric Mangini,Herm Edwards, Bruce Coslett, and Pete Carroll...and pokes fun at their failures as HC. But you're sucha big football fan you should know that. Except you're no different than 40% of the patriots fan base. You know nothing pre-2001.

19. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

as long as the jets don't fall behind 17-0, and quickly, and can stay in their game plan, they have a great chance. i thought they ran the ball well for a while in that 45-3 loss, but had to abandon it too early after falling behind. (i'm sure this has been written in this thread 100 times)

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Ryan needs to not coach scared like he did in the last matchup. If we fall behind 3-0 or 7-0 we don't need to take any stupid risks like going for a 53 yard field goal in the wind and setting up Brady with a short field. That was a turning point in the game.

Field position battle is key, especially since we want to keep the game in the teens or low 20's.