Yahoo Sports - Proof that Brady taunted the Jets. Now, so what?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dthomas53, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

There are two holes in Tom Brady's career. One is that Matt Cassel, who never started a professional or college game, came in and went 11-5. The second is that since Spygate, he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Unless Tom Brady goes to another team and does just as well, we'll never know if he's truly as good as he appears. However, that will never happen, so it'll only be speculation.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I'll ask this again as I've asked so many times this year who on the Jets (besides Rex) said they were the best team in the league? and when, i want to see a link/quote of any player. i hate it when people exaggerate the truth of the situation..........Rex likes to give quotes for whatever reasons, motivational, attention whatever... and it all gets into "The Jets trash talking".......again who, besides Rex?

Even the Cromartie thing.......he didn't say Brady sucked or anything, he said he was an a%%%hole and hated him.......is that trash talking or telling people your opinion on someone. does he need to be doing that, maybe not, but he certainly wasn't speaking of his football abilities.

4. LeonNYJ

The Jets haven't said they're the best since the beginning of the season. Rex has maybe said he believes that his team is the best team in football. Is that wrong? Is a coach not supposed to say that about his team? I don't recall anyone else saying anything even close to that. No one has said "we're great" "we're the best" "we're going to win the super bowl" nothing. Yet, fans and the media criticize the Jets over everything that they say. Bunch of fucking pussies.

5. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Braylon Edwards dougied two inches from a guy's face after he scored a touchdown. If Brady is a "classless douche", what does that make Braylon?

6. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Some of these threads really stink of desperate fans.
    The team with the biggest blowhard for a coach posting about an opposing QB "looking" at thier bench? Grow a pair and stop him or STFU. :rofl:

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

First, my rant was a small part of a huge opinion I have on Brady and the Patriots over the last decade. So your small sample was lacking details, but I'll concede that was my fault.

Second, just to clarify, I consider Brady one of the top-5 or top-10 QBs in the league... *on any other team*. But with the Patriots/Bellichick, he's just a hair under Manning. I am not denying that.

And don't, for a second, pretend anything Brady says that's complimentary of anyone else is from his own playbook (pardon pun). He's a self-serving douche and always has been.

P.S. NE fan in Cali? You root for the Lakers and Yanks, too, aye? :wink:

It's your own fault you didn't read the OP and made a stupid post.

Don't think you can troll me and attempt to call me out later.

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Hoe. Lee. S***.

Read my other posts.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

It's not my fault you made a stupid OP and got the response you got. Keep trying to minimize the type of player Brady is to make yourself feel better. You show no ability to look at anything regarding the Pats with objectivity yet you call out others for not being objective. You are an embarrassment to Jets fans that can recognize the type of player that Brady is.

You are also an embarrassment for getting so worked up about Brady "not being all class" when the Jets certainly aren't all class either. It's sports, nobody conducts themselves with class at all times no matter what the media tries to convince us of.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Thanks for the update Elizabeth Hassleback, too bad this isn't TMZ. Next your going to tell me that Belli's divorce was already effective when he started boning his secretary. I could care less, guys cheat on their significant others. It happens, this isn't divorce court, it's the NFL. As long as guys don't go the Plaxico or Donte Stallworth route I could care less what they do in their personal time. It's probably the same thing I'm doing so I'm not going to criticize them for it.

As for the trashtalk, who cares? I will say Brady hasn't hid his feelings of the Jets when he goes on the balllicker station WEEI so I could care less what he says on the field. If the guy wants to talk trash that's fine but it's the way the media portrays the Jets in a negative light for doing so when 100% of the teams around the NFL do it. I will say if Brady ever gets lit up and KO'd I'm not going hide around the fact that I'll celebrate it. If that makes me a bad person, so be it. He has it coming and if you took off those Pats goggles you'd see it.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The same thing, who gives a shit? If Brady wants to talk shit let him. If he gets KO'd in the 1st quarter that happens , just like us getting beat 45-3.

12. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

These holes are in the minds of people looking for reasons to doubt. He's a first ballot HOF quarterback.

Cassell has gone on to do well elsewhere and is a good game manager. He also benefited from a still good randy Moss. Brady on the other hand has been about the best no matter who he had. Spygate? The most over-hyped scandle ever. Taking pictures of stuff thats right out in the open for everyone to see. Stuff that other coaches admitted to doing. The nfl is spy vs spy.

Question why do the Jets oponents coaches cover their mouths when they call plays? What are they afraid of? I know the Jets, would never try and steal signals....I know they would never line up a bunch of people on the sideline to impede someone on a kick off. No, not the Jets. But you know what, it won't matter if I posted 100 instances where other teams including the Jets have done stuff. Some people just need an excuse for their team not succeeding.

13. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I understand that your post is to point out some sort of media "misconception"... to me it just stinks of a self-righteous attitude when you start pointing out "classless" moves by other teams (especially when you go to the extent of calling him a "douche"... are you admitting that your team is full of douches?). That goes for pats fans too.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Ugh, the Pats fan makes more sense than the Jets fan... so sad.

15. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Difference is that Brady has been sainted. If Braylon points at the sideline, it's a classless move by a classless player. If Brady does it, he's pointing as his beautiful wife. Anyway, I don't think you will find any Jets fan going on about how classy the Jets are. I just want this team to win, I couldn't care less what the Jets do on or off the field as long as there's no cheating involved.

16. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

Dude. No one is saying he can't or shouldn't do it, or that they give a shit that he did. The post is in response to the fact that Brady said he DIDN'T do it. And several Jets said they didn't see him do it. So this proves he did. Okay. So. Moving on. Right?

The Blowhard HC even said, who cares. He can do whatever he wants when he scores a TD. It's his (and the players) job to stop him from being able to. Read what the coach and the players have actually said, not what you want them to have said. No one, NOT ONE JET has said a bad thing about your team. Show me where the Jets guaranteed a victory (like Plexico did) or that they are a better team than the Pats, other than Rex saying HE THINKS they will win Sunday. I got news for you, so does your coach and your quarterback. And they say it to media people too, during the week. They just don't say it on the record, like Ryan does.

Get over it. Some of you Pats fans have bought into the media's narrative about Rex, hook line and sinker. Your own QB doesn't care about what Cromartie said. Why do you? He doesn't care about your rent, trust me.

Bottom line is this... if your team needs to use the coach's or a players quotes for motivation at this point? Well, lets just say Jet fans HOPE that is the case. I sincerely doubt, given the quality of your coach and players, this is the case.

#76 Sanpetejets, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  17. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I imagine on that particular 4th and 3, he was screaming "Your tackling fucking sucks!!"

I know I was.

18. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Tom was injured and out for one year and basically rehabbing last year. Robbed in 2007 of a Superbowl win on one play alone and if little fat kids like Rex taunted you in a sport, once you kick their but wouldn't you look their way.

hey if your jets want to play jacks then play jacks but only a little boys would be complaining. LT has been so pissed the pats are superior for years along with his other san diego partner CROMARTIE who is trying to field his own football team with a bunch of unknown children fathered by himself. Too funny but sad for the children to have a father who can't remember their names and so many mothers. Chromartie is okay at best, I think he is afraid of Welker and he sure got burned by Branch but his brady problems go back to SB

19. LeonNYJ

No one denied he's a first ballot HOF. The question is whether he's one of the best of all time.

Cassel started his first game since high school. You're going to tell me that a guy starting his first game since high school no matter what team he's on is going to lead his team to 11-5? Come on.

The idea behind spygate is that the Patriots recorded the signals, had some people memorize them, then during a game they'd see the opposing team's signals, radio upstairs, and then change their call accordingly.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

In terms of success, since 98 the Jets have made 7 playoff appearances.
    Obviously we haven't won the big one but that is still success.

Since 98 I think the Pats are the only AFC team to have more playoff appearances with 9. The Steelers have 7, and Ravens have 7.

Eagles have 9 as well, but no SB win. I still find all these teams successful.