Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed just said we need to beat these little receivers at the line. Beat em up and make them scared to catch the ball. Little guys dont last long in the NFL. Something along those lines.

2. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I didn't get you on a typo, but now that you mention it, I re-read all of your seven posts since you signed up this morning and they all have spelling and/or serious grammar errors.

I'm not going to pick on you for this, but just offer some friendly advice as a fellow football fan. Stay in school. It's more important than football.

Peace, and best of luck-

Jc

3. PatsFan01923

PatsFan01923 New Member

That broad is awesome... great cans.

4. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Same to you professor! Thanks for the english lessons.

5. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Fuck Fireman Ed. I don't give a flying fuck what that hack has to say. He should just stick to trying to get more face time of tv.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There was a Pats fan in here who pointed out how I used the wrong there/their.

On a football message board he's worried about which there I use.

7. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Oh now I see. Thanks for the heads up, I wondered wassup with dat. :)

8. MAYO51

MAYO51 New Member

Kurty-boy, Love how you keep bringing up the spygate thing. Doesn't have anything to do with Sunday, but that's all you can come up with. Here are some numbers for you before and after spygate. Yes they haven't won any championships since but neither have your Jets.
    -
    Pre-sanction - 126 games, 87-39 record (.690 winning %), 23.4 pts. per game.
    Post sanction - 68 games, 53-15 record (.779 winning %) , 29.7 pts. per game.

Put it to rest, we know you have some jealousy with the success of the Pats, but act like a man.

9. If Patty cake fans keep bringing up how the jets are classless, i'll keep bringing up spygate. It's that simple.

10. MAYO51

MAYO51 New Member

do you think the jets have a lot of class?

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

There's about 200 pats fans signing up here every day to troll, and every one says the same shit that they think we have never heard before. You got to slow 'em down somehow!

12. I don't know any of the players or coaches personally...I'm not in any place to judge the class or lack thereof. What I do know is that rex has never said anything derogatory about an opponent to the media, yet he's constantly getting taken out of context.

Also, Patriot fans keep talking about the jets lacking class...yet there IS a little thing called spygate that resulted in some serious league sanctions

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

But but but the Patriots didn't benefit from Spygate at all!!1 They just kept doing it for shits and giggles!!!11!!!!11!!1!1111

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

holy shit we're playing a divisional playoff game on sunday and all we can come up with for conversation is a bunch of shit that happened off the field and will have zero impact on the game?

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well yeah, this is the third time we're talking about this matchup. I think we're all tapped out just waiting for the damn game this Sunday.

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Pre-sanction -3 Super Bowls
    Post-sanction - 0 Super Bowls

Whoops

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I know you're new here, but at least read back a page or two if you think the pats are so 'classy' (LOL), and if this meaningless shit hasn't been discussed here by 53 other pats trolls this week.

I don't give a flying fuck if the 'Jets are classy', and I don't think you will find any other Jets fans care either.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

minor coincidence :rofl:

19. MAYO51

MAYO51 New Member

You're wrong about this...

do a google search for 'rex ryan tom brady pointing' and look at the ny post article. i heard it somewhere too but can't remember where.

“He always points after he scores to everybody. My job is to keep him out of the end zone,” Ryan said before being pressed further on what specific antics he was talking about.

“Brady being Brady,” he said. “I don’t like seeing that, nobody does. No Jet fan likes to see that. And I know he can’t wait to do it. He’s not gonna say anything publicly, but he does it. ... It’s what it is. ... My job’s to keep him out of the end zone.”

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm getting the impression from the board that people are way too confident about this game.

Honestly, if we lose Sunday this place is going to explode. People need perspective that despite the bravado the Jets are serious underdogs this week and with good reason.

It's an illusion that the Patriots "aren't that good". The Chargers were #1 statistically across the board for a lot of the season and where are they now? They didn't even make the playoffs.

Jets need to come out doing what they do best, running the football. Keeping Brady off the field and preventing the big play on defense will give the Jets a chance at winning. Anything less and the only thing we'll have to look forward to is hand wringing and morons jumping off the deep end because Rex didn't follow through.

Bottom line, Jets shouldn't win this game Sunday. They CAN win the game, and I hope to hell they look prepared this time - but their history up to this point suggests its not going to be a fun day for Gang Green. This is where heroes can be made, but its also an area we've seen the Jets let us down so many times before.

I still have unwavering faith in Rex (as a coach)... I just hope he has this team prepared. Truly prepared, unlike the last debacle.