Are the NY Jets currently the most hated team in American Sports?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I can't think of anyone who is hated more by not just the national media, but even the local media. Just about anyone who's not a Jets fan is rooting against us against the f'in Patriots. It's hysterical.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Miami Heat are far more hated I believe

3. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

not a chance, the new york yankees are the most hated team in sports, it's not even close.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In the stands sure. You don't see that many articles of derision written about the Heat.

The Jets are far and away the currently most hated team in American sports...evidenced by the fact that people are rooting for the Patriots. The Patriots.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

NO, I believe there is a lot of people that want the Jets to win. The Pats are the most hated, but the asshole media and the bs analyst that are behind the desk love the Pats.

6. 624

624 Banned

Yes and I love it.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's kind of crazy, the Steelers have a rapist leading their offense and the Ravens have a murderer leading their defense but we are evil....lol

How can anyone forget the guy who drowned, stabbed, electrocuted, shot, punched, and kicked dogs.

Maybe if one of our stars commits a serious felony we will be loved. Dustin Keller has a dog, you could rape and murder it. By doing so we would become America's team.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If we win the Super Bowl, we will be.

9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Amazing isn't it? I think there's still a lot of Patriots hate out there but the Jets have worked hard to get on everyones nerves this season (if you aren't a Jets fan).

10. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

You say that, but it isn't my experience. Other than Patriots I know Steelers, Packers, Bills, Giants and Colts fans, and with the exception of one of the Packers every one of them has said they want to see the Jets win this weekend. The Bills fan said that they'd cheer for any team against the Jets except the Patriots and I suspect that they're not alone, but don't confuse the media wankfest over Tom Bastard and the New England Bastards with representing the general feeling amongst football fans.

11. 624

624 Banned

Rex said in a press conference a year ago he wants to be the most hated team.

People don't hate on bad teams.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yankees are the most popular baseball team in America and the media sucks their dicks on a regular basis. Sure, people who hate the Yankees despise them, but nothing like I've been seeing like the Jets lately.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

When we win the Super Bowl, we will be. I love it. I love my team, it feels good to be a Jets fan. I don't think I've ever felt this good as a fan, I'm so excited to finally be rooting for a consistently good team. I knew it would eventually pay off. lol

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They'll need alot of Halloween costumes to catch up with the Raiders

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I hope so. Keep the bandwagoners far away; they should root for the Pats*. Where were they in 1995? In 1988? In 1977?

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

My guess for hated teams would be: Yankees > Heat > Jets

When the Cowboys are good, I think they're the most hated team in the NFL though.

17. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

I went to a Kings-Rangers game, and a Ducks-Penguins game in the last two NHL seasons out here, and right before they dropped the puck to start each game, both crowds at the staples center and the pond (honda center) were both in full "yankees suck" chants. i was cracking up, i'm telling you, the hatred for the yankees runs deep.

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

i think hate is too strong..i think some people are annoyed with the Jets because of all the talk. I mean watch a Jets game - no show boating, no fight, no dirty penalties...so the coach likes to talk a little bit without insulting anyone. He likes to build up his team without putting other down...people like to read into everything, but in the end the Jets are a likeable team I think.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I feel like the Jets are the most hated. It makes no sense to me, but i'll take it. :up:

PS: This should be my avatar for this site. :lol:

[​IMG]

20. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

Serious questions to Jets fans.

Do you like the team talking trash like they are doing and the head coach talking the trash that he does or do you wish they would handle the game and the media a different way?

The Ravens and Steelers game is a lot like this game where the Ravens coach has said a few things and Suggs adding fuel to the fire and pretty much the steelers have taken the opposite approach much like the Patriots.

Which do you prefer?