This Pats team is not THAT good!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2011.

1. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think Woodhead poses all kinds of match up problems. He's not a bruiser obviously but if he gets into the open field, he's dangerous. He's a small quick guy who'll drive linebackers that have to cover him crazy. Law Firm is good and more importantly good handling the ball.

Maybe LT and Greene are a better tandem but I don't think the difference is that significant.

2. hagen910

hagen910 Banned

they are good, but young and with youth mistakes can happen.

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

In general I would agree with that but the Jets seem ready to make their share of mistakes as well.

4. dbro

dbro New Member

The Pats aren't a legendary team, nor as good as they were just a few years ago, but they are obviously a better team than the jets right now. But that doesn't mean the jets aren't good either.

Also, You can't compare an inconsistent Drew Brees led Saints with Tom Brady right now either. The saints played sloppy football all year. And last week's game wasn't as big of an upset as you may think it was.

Sure Revis is a stud, but he can't shut everyone down at once, and passing isn't the Pats weak area. Cromartie got burned by Peyton, what will be different against Brady?

You can say the jets have better players everywhere but at quarterback, maybe you are right, but who cares. The Pats play better and more efficient football, I think you know that as well as i do. And that is largely due to the Pats having Tom Brady instead of Sanchez. The jets had the capability of blowing teams out all season, but with Sanchez things are unpredictable.

Sanchez would need his best game with Brady at half throttle to win. Can it happen? There is always a chance, but it is slim. Be realistic

5. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

Is thread starter still around? I'm still laughing over this thread. Epic Fail, dude! Hahahahahahaha!!

6. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Nice Avatar!:up:

7. Fightfan

Fightfan Banned

You bring up a very interesting topic. It always worries me going up against a young, inexperienced group of guys. They play with a lot of energy, playing for the love of the game and not jaded with the business side of things. Playing to enjoy instead of thinking about the consequences of a mistake. Their inexperience allows them to play free and on the edge just a little more, willing to take a few more chances then a seasoned vet.

I'm not just talking Patriots here, this is a general feeling I have about any young team. Of course, there is the flipside to where these things can be a downfall too, but overall it seems the young guys don't think of the downfall part which is why it makes things very interesting for sure.

Just my observation.

8. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Brady is playig on an incredible level. The rest of the team is okay. That is why you have to attack Brady. He has been virtually untouched to date.

9. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

that's Kim London. Somewhere on this board someone said she was fat.

10. HighFlyingJets

Obviously good enough to split with the Patriots over the past two years. (2-2).

Also, who knows if THIS Patriots team has what it takes to win during the playoffs? There is more to a team than just BB & Brady.

Other than players such as Brady, Branch, Welker, Mankins and Wilfork; the rest of the roster & team is full of question marks, in terms of being able to handle the pressure of the playoffs. Just go ask the Ravens of last year, who went into NE, & beat em down. BB didn't look like much of a genius last year, now did he?

This Jets team is built for the playoffs. We're 3-1 (75%) during road playoff games since last year under Rex. Our entire roster is pretty much full of playoff experience. The Jets beat down Palmer & the Bengals in Cincy, the Jets shocked Rivers & the Chargers in SD, the Jets are coming off an "upset" victory over Manning & the Colts in the dome.

The Jets ARE ready...but Is NE?

11. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Why are they obviously better, because Brady is having a miracle non-turnover streak, and they have played well above their talent level for 16 weeks? They have been more fortunate and have better coaching, but they are not a better team.

As for the Saints comparison, of course you can. Everyone expected them to win knowing Brees can turn the ball over. Everyone just assumes Brady's lucky streak will continue. Why cant Brady throw 3 picks? Why are we assuming a bad defense wont get lit up by the Jets? Why are we assuming the Pats will run the ball? Seriously.

As for Cro, you think the Pats have a wr as good as Garcon? Seriously? The Pats weapons are not very good. Let's be serious about that.

And yes, you are 100% right abotu Sanchez. If this team had an NFL caliber qb, we would be be near SB locks, but we have Sanchez. It's unfortunate.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

The Jets were unprepared, I said that in a different thread. Plain and simple. Add that to the fact that the Pats needed the game more because of the week 2 game, and that the Pats are classless and you had a 45-3 score.

13. HighFlyingJets

Playoff experience has always been huge in any sport, and I'll admit, as far as playing time goes, the Jets do have some key players that lacked playoff experience (heading into the season) such as Slauson, Turner, Wilson and Pool, but the Patriots? A whole roster full. Green-Ellis, Woodhead, Gronkowski, Hernandez, two DE's, two O-lineman, Spikes and McCourtney just to name a few.

Like I stated, the Pats may have BB, Brady, along with a few others who have playoff experience, but the Jets had a whole roster full of playoff experience heading into the season.

Sanchez
    L.T
    Greene
    Richardson
    Edwards
    Holmes
    Cotchery
    Brad Smith
    Keller
    Ferguson
    Mangold
    Moore

thats an offense full of playoff experience.

Pouha
    Ellis
    Jason Taylor
    Harris
    Scott
    Pace
    Thomas
    Revis
    Cromartie
    Lowery

thats a defense with playoff experience.

There is no question about it; the Jets are the TEAM that has more playoff experience. I like our chances.

14. HighFlyingJets

The only thing "dangerous" about Woodhead playing this Sunday, is the fact that he may see the field during a full contact game.

Little Woodhead missed the entire practice leading up to NE's week 17 game against the Dolphins, and also sat out the entire game... For a reason.

Has Woodhead practiced recently? Yes, but he's also practiced with a red jersey, which stands for no contact.

He's coming off a serious injury to his freaking head. I wouldn't count on little Woodhead doing much of anything on Sunday; other than warming up the bench for 95% of the game. Belly aint stupid.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Rex out-coached himself for that game.

We had extended time due to the Thanksgiving game and we forget who we were. Someone on the radio talked about this and he was 100% correct. We came out no huddle, not pounding the ball down their throats.

By the time we realized our run game was working it was too late. The defense was flat, had no spark. Losing Jim Leonhard 2 days prior had a bigger effect any outside fan will ever realize considering that communication is key in Rex' defense.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I totally agree. We go up their giving this team to much respect. That's why I love what Cro said. F them, we hate them and its time to piss on them. We just need our QB to play the game of his life. Other then that, we are better at every single position.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree with all but the QB part.

Mark does not need to play the game of his life. Playing like he did in week 2 is just fine, or how he did against the Bears and Steelers.

18. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Rex said it best when he said the teams are both solid across the board...........I agree that this Pats team isn't as great as everyone thinks , but they do have a QB who is much better than any QB in the league.......and that is enough to cover their flaws, as well as thier biggest edge in this game. Everyone's tlaking about law firm and Woodhead..these guys wouldn't be shiite if Brady wasn't the QB...the only reason they have a semblance of a running game is because everyone that plays them over defends the pass. (and give Brady and the Pats credit, they still get it done in the air depsite these defenses).

Thier defense is beatable......but definitely has it easy when their playing from 20 pts up all of the time. Many people have already said it, the key is to try and keep the game close in the first half (i.e if we're down 7 at half, I know i'll take it). force their d to be playing both pass and run in the second half and the Jets should have a punchers chance. I'm realistic enough to know that for the Jets to actually win, Brady will need to have a little bit of an off day............it is possible.

and I do agree, Sanchez has to play a pefect game too

#178 tcrock, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I'd hit it.

And so this post isn't off topic- Fuck your team, Brady is an asshole! That is all.

20. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

It was a pretty big game for both. I will certainly agree that it was a perfect storm type of game for the Patriots where everything went their way. I guess the Jets and fans HAVE to think of it solely that way as just one of those games. The Patriots did the same with the Cleveland loss.

But what I am also saying is the the Patriots also smacked around some other good teams later in the season, (specifically the Steelers and Bears) so it might not just been one of those games but also a game indicative of a very good Patriots offense.

#180 PatsFan2003, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011