Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

And this "Biggest Penalty" was brought on how?
    By a sour grapes former assistant who's continual whining (Rating) force EVERY team to stop doing the exact same thing. How that work out for you?
    What else you got? Next....

2. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Billy B has a good looking blonde he's seen for 3 years or so anyways

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Eh. Not in any great way although I'm sure you'll disagree. I think it's funny how he switched to complimenting them pretty quickly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=6014092

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex did talk about it in his presser.

5. Actually...all that former assistant did was have HIS security guy approach the Patriots wrongdoer and ask them to stop recording and for the tape. When the patriots rep refused a physical altercation ensued and the NFL'S Security rep got involved and that's how the league caught wind. Mangini didn't say a word to anyone.

Mangini attempted to resolve the issue like men would do....it was the patriot camera man's reaction to being approached that caused the NFL to catch wind to what was going on.

But sure you'll keep calling Mangini and the Jets "rats" when it was your team who was cheating to begin w/...and it was YOUR team that acted unfavorably when questioned that alerted the league of your scam.

Damn that Rat Mangini and those Jets!:up:

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Well that was just part of it, you do remember the investigation that led back to your first tainted SB win right?

Took you 40 years of existence to become relevant and we find out it was a farce.

7. Ive listened to every single PC rex has done this week in its entirety. At no time has rex mentioned anything about Brady pointing fingers or anything else specific. All he said was "Brady being Brady" when scoring Td's and that its his job to keep Brady out of the end zone.The media has tried all week to try and get him to comment on the pointing...but he has not taken the bait.

Anything specific about pointing fingers or any other Brady antics were said by someone else or are a fabrication of the media.

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

So Woody is out. Not good. I thought when Ryan said no excuses he was saying that based on the assumption that all starters would be available. Excepting Leonhard, obviously.

Hunter hopefully steps it up.

9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Oooh, you're trying to spell "ratting". I was wondering what "rating" had to do with "whining".
    Carry on.

10. MadBacker Prime

Rex did talk about it Monday. After talking about it the press asked. "Do you think he's pointing at you"?. Which Rex replied no.

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I thought it was brought about by someone with a camera illegally taping signals?

If that didn't happen, the situation would have never been 'brought about'.

Personally, I don't give a shit. But if you think a certain team is a paragon of virtue and honor, you might want to consider little details.... like if they were caught cheating.

12. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

Really Rex doesnt need any bait. He called it "Antics" in his presser.
    I think we all understood it and got the reference, if not the players certainly picked up on it and "carried the ball".
    Really I'd rather hear how LT and the Jets Offese is going to control this game and keep Brady off the field. and how the defense can stop ALL the Pats receiving corps?

13. I'd love to hear the same thing. And he talked about such things in his last presser. But unfortunately those things haven't made the headlines and the majority of the media's questions have been about the rivalry and trashtalking.

Again, alot of this is being fabricated by the media.

14. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

MY bad, got me on a typo, is ratting an actual word?
    Every team in the leaque including the Jets were doing it thats what makes it about being a rat! Brady and BB are going to HOF they must have been great cheaters.

This thread is about Sunday's game.

#894 3xNFLChampion, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  15. You're right..it is about Sunday's game.

But the way patriot fans have this "Houlier than thou" attitude about class and such, when they WERE sanctioned severely by the league for questionable ethics is quite comical and disturbing for Jet fans.

16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

What I love is the suggestion that they are "classier" fans by virtue of rooting for a "classier", winning team. This is the exact kind of bullshit from Yankee fans that makes Sox fans blood boil.

17. MadBacker Prime

This is a chess match, each week is full of adjustments.

Week 1 we shut you guys down in the 2nd half, and in game 2 you guys beat the shit out of us and our guys played like shit in all 3 phases.

If you watched the Jets game this past weekend we held Peyton to scoring just 1 TD at home by applying no pressure at all. Many times running a Quarters defense with Dbs everywhere you look. Rex was willing to give up some running plays to stop the pass.

I see a very similar gameplan this weekend for the defense, except we'll probably see a few more blitzes thrown in.

Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, you have a very young defense and for many players on your team this will be their first playoff game. You can't discount the veterans on our team, especially those with a ton of playoff experience.

This Pats team hasn't won a playoff game in 3 years, of course having Tom Brady helps but I'm very curious to see how your defense plays in this high pressure situation.

Your secondary is still your weak spot and if Sanchez is on, I can see us winning in non-heart attack fashion.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The subtext is the notion that rooting for a winning team carries over into such fans having some kind of greater value or moral worth.

Ponder that one if you want to have a really good laugh.

19. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

There's nothing new about "spygate" we have our perspective and the Jets fans have thiers and as you mention the Patriots were severely punished by the leaque for thier part. It will have no effect on Sunday's outcome it was 5 seasons ago.

Of course there is plenty of recent Jets antics to trash talk about but the game will be decided on the field and BTW, Man-Genius is looking for a job AGAIN.

20. 3xNFLChampion

3xNFLChampion Banned

I agree the Patriots defensive backs are unproven in a playoff game but I'm confident the schemes will be solid and they really seem to buy into BB's plans. Sanchez seemed to be throwing a little wild last week except for that last drive, I was hoping he would get them up there because I wanted no part of Manning or Vinatieri coming to Foxboro.
    Jets defense will have to come up the middle to get to Brady, like Manning he can smell a blitz and the tight ends are a big weapon.