Whining About Anti-Jets Media (x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Lupica wrote an article in yesterdays news about how there's no rivalry between us and the Pats becaue the Pats always beat us,and in order for there to be a rivalry we have to win first.
    He alo said there was never a Yankee Redsox rivalry until the Sox beat them coming back from the 3 game lead in the playoffs.

Is he fucking kidding me or what? Fuckin clueless.

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Slight correction: Joe Theisman = < moron

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Let the haters hate.
    "Same ole' Jets playing in the AFC Championship game".

4. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Excellent post.

5. perfectpackage99

cowher is a dick, we beat the Colts with our C game, horrible performance by Sanchez until the end of the game and we still beat those slap dick colts.

If we can play our A game all around and get Sanchez's B game instead of D or F game, we have a very good chance.

You can take that to the bank, dickhead Cowher

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Maybe he's just mad because his UFL franchise just went down the shitter.

Woodson is still the biggest Jets-hater on the NFL Network. Man suffers from a clear case of Revis envy.

7. fcpiii

fcpiii New Member

That was about as brilliant as the celtics player (paul pierce i think) this year stating that the knicks and celtics are not a rivalry....

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I wonder if they can get LT to snap this idiot's tongue and end his tv career just like he ended his playing days.......... Dare to dream.

9. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

the only announcers I like are Moose Goose and Albert (I think) and Aikman/Buck. Al Michaels and Collingsworth are pretty respectable. As is Mike Tirico. Gruden entertains me.

10. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

dat's racist

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

That should have been true but those baseball games were always intense even if the Yankees had the upper hand for a long while.

I think the Jets/Patriots have been an intense rivalry for a while mainly because of the New York/Boston thing and then Parcells leaving the Pats to go to the Jets, Mangini and the rest. Ryan and a competitive Jets have ratcheted it a notch. Now it's pretty intense.

12. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I knew Unitas, came to visit after he bought one of my vendors. Wish I had the nerve to ask what he felt about the Jets winning. That game really stands out and I watched it over my Uncles. Now no game has ever had so much hype.
    I loved the pig fields of the winter games back then. Fields were a mess.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I am blown away that you and AbdulSalaam think it's a great post. That's really saying something, coming from you guys, but I don't know how it's a great post. It's just the way things were back then. Thanks for saying it, though.

My point was, Cowher's comments don't mean diddly this week, just as the sports writers' and experts' opinions of 1968-1969 mattered not one iota. Namath went ahead and backed up his bragging despite it all, and this is what Sanchez needs to do. Go out and play the game as flawlessly as he can and maybe he'll pull it off, despite the odds.

It's been done before in Jets history, and no game exemplifies it better than the SB win of January, 1969. I'm not sure Sanchez is ready for this next level, but maybe if we BELIEVE it can happen, it will!

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I always figured you might be Clint. Now, I know you are. We're winning on Sunday.

15. The Jets are at their best when their backs are against the wall and they have a chip on their shoulder.

I hope every expert under the sun picks against the Jets. Build up that Patriot pedestal. The higher it gets the harder they will fall. Cowher sucks as an analyst anyway

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd @ this. (wrong thread)

Its been Jets-Fins because of all the bullshit that has gone on - fake spike, mud bowl, Marino vs O'Brien. However, I definitely think its shifting. There are usually two power houses in each division (except NFC West). With Sparano staying for 3 more years in Miami - it will keep them irrelevant. Rex has definitely stepped up the level of intensity between the Jets & Pats.

So while the Pats have been dominant for the last decade, the Jets have been mostly relevant gaining a playoff birth every other year since 1998. I think Rex takes it to a new level. Just not sure how long the Pats stranglehold on the division will last.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

So Brady publically stated that he hates the Jets and we've heard as much from Jets players, and this douchebag thinks that there isn't much of a rivalry? Right.

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes this is a terrific post since all that matters is what occurs on the field between the 2 teams. If anyone today knew the outcome of the game @ 1700 hours or so on Sunday there would be zero reason to play the game in the 1st place :jets:

19. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

No one even pointed out when he ripped the Toronto Argonauts for signing Ricky Williams?!

From wiki:
    During a May 30, 2006, interview with Toronto radio station The Fan 590, Theismann criticized his former CFL team, the Toronto Argonauts, for signing Ricky Williams to a one-year contract. Williams, a former New Orleans Saints and Miami Dolphins running back, had been suspended by the NFL for the entire 2006 season for a fourth violation of the league's substance abuse policy. In the interview, Theismann said the Argonauts were a disgrace, and he was ashamed to be associated with them. He also said that Williams is sick but not a bad person. Argonauts ownership responded to Theismann's criticism, noting Theismann's son, Joe, pleaded guilty in 2002 to a felony charge of possessing drug paraphernalia. He received a ten-year suspended prison term, was placed on five years of probation and fined. "It's really a delicate subject for him to attack someone if he has that in his own family", Argonauts co-owner David Cynamon said. "If I was his son and he's calling (Williams) a drug addict and he should quit and he's a loser, I'd be shattered. This thing is really bothersome." The CFL currently has no substance-abuse policy, nor did it prohibit its member teams from signing players suspended by other leagues until the RW rule went in effect for the 2007 season.

Epitome of a moron.

20. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

I forgot about that fuckhead. He sure looks like a football expert to me:

[​IMG]