What went wrong during 45-3

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jan 12, 2011.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

huh . guessing a pats fan. please dont act like you are bill belichick and act pissed off after a giant blow off win.

"ohh we coulda did this. and that."

yeah you coulda in every fucking game, but nobody has ever had a perfect game so get fucking lawst.

2. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The Jets were playing with their eyes closed.

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The Patriots offense has done well against a variety of good defenses in the later half of the season. Pittsburgh, Chicago, Miami. So while the loss of Leonard was big it may not have been the only reason. I'd say the Packers D did the best job overall against them where the Pats offense put up 17 points.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

5. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Thanks for you contribution

6. rbarber

rbarber Banned

Week 2 we had a Randy Moss-based offense, and Brady was baited into trying to force the ball downfield to him.

45-3 our offense was completely changed, based on Brady throwing underneath and in the slot to a bunch of nobodies. Too many bad matchups for you.

Bottom line = why in the world would the Pats care now about Revis Island? In 45-3 he isolated Algie Crumpler. BFD. Have him isolate another inconsequential receiver this week. See if the the Pats care.

Also, you can't rush the passer anymore.

I think this game will be a lot closer than 45-3, and I do give the Jets a chance to win, but objectively both teams are still built a lot more like the 45-3 teams than the week 2 teams.

I think Rex is doing the right thing. Lets face it, the Pats are better than the Jets. If you do win, it will be because the Jets are inspired, get a fire lit under them. So what do you have to lose?

You will get by us one of these years. Jets-Pats reminds me of Celtics-Pistons in the 80s. It seemed that the Pistons would never get by us, and then one year they did. It will happen for you. Maybe it's this year, but it's kind of hard to see that right now.

Oh, and I've been rooting for the Pats forever. I remember watching the Jets beat us the only time I ever went to the old Schaefer Stadium, in the early 70s. It was one of our typical 2-12 years that we had for about 3 decades. So our fans have earned the right to bask in it. Your time will come.

7. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

I think everthing went fine!:wink: This game will not be the same. The jets have got a chip on their shoulders. It's gonna be a thow down, the type of game we all love!

#27 NEtroll, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  8. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Get over it. If your coach couldn't overcome Moss, you were out coached. And out played.

We were out coached and out played in the second game.

9. Sanc

Sanc New Member

everything.........

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Holy crap how many chowdah trolls have invaded TGG?

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

All of the trolls insisting on how 'classy' they are.

By contrast, I don't think there are any jets trolls on patsfans.com.

Pretty easy to see why, it's like a girl scout jubilee over there. Creepsville.

12. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I think the team was just unprepared. They were 9-2, and had won games after playing like garbage early. They did no panic soon enough, and let the Pats get a big lead. Then, they finally regrouped at the half and had a chance to get back in the game, but Sanchez threw that awful pick. So, instead of 24-10, it was 24-3, and thats when the defense gave up.

Honestly though, a lot went wrong for the Jets too. That PI was simply Smith not turning his head (if he did, that would have been an easy pick). Then a bad punt. Then the Jets let the Pats convert on a 4th and 3.

It was just a nightmare game that combined the team being unprepared, and thinking they could overcome a bad start no matter what, some bad plays that went against us, and a team that needed the game more than we did.

So, overall, I think 45-3 means nothing because most of what went wrong wont happen again. The reasons are simple:

1. We will be prepared this time. The Pats have nothing new to show, and the Jets wont under-estimatee them.
    2. The Jets know that they have to start quick.
    3. The Pats cant play as perfect as they did that week.
    4. The Jets need this game as much as the Pats.

Add that together, and mix in the fact that Brady is due for a bad game, and I will be stunned if the Pats win by more than 7, or the Jets win by more than 7.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The best thing is when we call them bandwagon fans and they all go "no no no I'm not a bandwagon fan, my first game was in 1984...it was a cool brisk evening"

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

There are a few ways around this - by this I mean, getting bumped by Cro.

Technically you need 7 men up front - and you can achieve this by setting up tight ends. (As in Pats TD case, they set up the goal line formation with 2 TEs) WRs, if they do line up, have to line up a yard behind - giving them 1 yard cushion away from Cro. I just don't know why, but Revis doesn't seem to have a problem dealing WRs a yard off. Cro? That's how you torch him. With that yard cushion, if WR starts charging ahead, Cro doesn't bump him. Instead he tries to run mano-a-mano with him, usually giving up a step ahead. (Which is obvious but natural, as the WR has the forward acceleration that Cro doesn't have.) Cromartie must learn how to jam the receiver running front, as free release allows the offense a lot of things: fade route, timing route, go pattern, skinny post, you name it.

#34 Zach, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  15. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

:rofl:

so very defensive those I became a fan of the pats really in 2001 crowd

16. rbarber

rbarber Banned

No question about it.

Then we got better, and you got worse.

<Yawn>

17. RMorin

RMorin Member

We played our worst game of the year (maybe tied with phins) and lost to arguably the "best" team in the NFL 45-3. If we play close to our ability its a close game. We play to our ability we win the game, it's that simple. Do not drink the patriots kool-aid, nor take them lightly. (Not that anyone rational is)

Side note: I went on the patsfans.com message boards and there was a thread named "predict the first drive by the pats" and out of 20 posts 18 ended in a touchdown. Haha way to be arrogant jerks. I'll take Jets "SOJ" pessimists a million times over those delusional, head in the clouds, entitled bastards

18. Dufflebagz

Dufflebagz New Member

So if you play to your ability no matter what you will win?

Haha way to be an arrogant jerk. You're a delusional, head in the clouds, entitled bastard. :up:

19. hagen910

hagen910 Banned

rex was right. a poor game plan and an overconfident team.

20. RMorin

RMorin Member

HEY DOODE

BEN JAHVIS GREEN ELLIS IS GONNA RUN FOR FAHKING 300 YAHDS!!!!!!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're an idiot. (Not that this is news to the board) Saying if a team playing to potential will win a game is a far different then 90% of you eastern mass douche bags legitimately thinking that a first possession will end in a touchdown. If you checked the board I provided there are people LEGITIMATELY predicting that the Patriots will win by 50 points, which is the sentiment I am trying to express to you; it's okay to be confident, it's not okay to think that your precious patriots are infallible. Even against terrible opponents you do not see people on this board predicting those types of victories for the Jets, its because we understand football and are not too busy touching ourselves to a Tom Brady FatHead decal on our walls.