This Pats team is not THAT good!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjet0912, Jan 11, 2011.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I agree with the OP. This Pats team is not a SPECIAL team. just an above average one.

2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I don't agree... they don't have many BIG names outside of Brady and Wilfork (and Mayo) but as a team they function really really well... we can only hope they're a bit rusty.

What's so special about them is their accuracy on Offense... they're are a friggin all-midget team but a precise QB and fast route running WRs can kill you.

That said, we have to punch Brady in the mouth early and often and then we have a chance of beating this "special" O...

3. patriotsforever

Yes, and when they fell behind the Ravens by ten points in the fourth quarter ... wait, they tied it up and won the game in overtime.

Or when they fell behind the Packers in the first half ... wait they ended it up winning the game.

I guess these Patriots are pretty good, falling behind two good playoff teams and coming back to win.

4. 624

624 Banned

Why should no one care about making the playoffs?

5. week17magic

week17magic New Member

what an awful thread. the jets and jet fans need to stop with all this mindless trash talk. the people that usually do the trash talking are the ones that win, however the patriots chose to stay away from it. hey, it has worked out for them because they are undoubtedly the most dominant sports franchise of the past decade

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Tom Brady is well over 300 throws without throwing a pick. Three fucking hundred. This Patriots team is fucking legit, if we win no matter what happens from that point forward it'll be one of the greatest victories in Jets history.

7. PatsSBowl

PatsSBowl New Member

Thanks for an honest post.

8. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I agree with you here. Beating the pats in the postseason WHERE IT COUNTS would be the biggest accomplishment of any postseason team. We have the toughest road to the Superbowl. BRING IT!

my point before was that this pats team is not an all time great team. No one's gonna remember this pats team 20 years from now.

9. HOI

HOI Active Member

What the fuck...you dont win 14 games in the NFL if your "not that good". They are good...damn good. They have the best QB in the league and possibly the best HC ever. People making the predicitions that we are going to win by 14 - 20 are kidding themselves.

I hate them too but lets not get retarded. I would even be willing to say they are one of biggest surprises this season. No one...NO ONE thought they would win 14 games.

In order to beat them its going to take a perfect effort in all 3 phases and no turnovers. They are going to slow down our run so Sanchez is gonna have to make some plays. I understand saying "they're not that good" to bulid your confidence up...but its just not the case and flat out bat shit crazy.

Also...just cause Im seeing it everywhere...Pats fans bug the shit out of me too...cocky yes...but if we won multiple SB's over 10 years we would be insufferable pricks too. Some people on here were calling for us to beat Payton by 20

#129 HOI, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The most overlooked factor that is especially by the stupid f***ing media is our QB of the defense Leonhard was IRed mid-week. That was a huge loss to us, and IMO we weren't prepared to play against the Pats. This time is different, Ryan essentially knows what pieces he's playing with.

11. week17magic

week17magic New Member

good post. the pats are the best team in the nfl right now. we have to play flawlessly

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We lost by 42.

13. HOI

HOI Active Member

And lets not forget when we played in their house last year they ate our fucking lunch then too. Jimmy was healthy then...do we blame that one on Sherry or Sanchez being a rookie?

14. Patriot Reign

Patriot Reign New Member

You know, I think this is a very valid point. I'm sure they still miss his leadership in the secondary but losing him so close to the game with the Pats had to be a tremendous blow. I there seemed to be a lack of cohesion on the part of the Jets defense that night and much of that could be attributed to Leonhard's sudden absence.

Look, the OP is the mirror image of my fellow Pats' fans who think the last meeting was both indicative of the respective talent levels of the Patriots and Jets and that there will be another blowout this Sunday.

The Patriots are one of the best, if not the best, teams in the NFL but so are the Jets. This is a QB driven league and the dramatic advantage the Pats have there makes me feel confident that they will beat the Jets. I also know that Sanchez is capable of playing stretches of tremendous football and that Rex Ryan is working very hard this week coming up with a way to get intense pressure on Brady.

The one thing we know for sure is that we have NO idea how this game will go. That's why we love football.

Let's just tee this thing up and kick it off, shall we?

15. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

in your hand!:eek:hmy:

16. patriotsforever

They will be remembered if they win the Super Bowl. They set a ton of records and this may have been Brady's greatest year. (P.S. The Jets get more credit for beating a great team than a team that's not very good.)

17. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Bugger off you fuckin stealth pats fan. Your avatar isn't fooling anyone.

18. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Some truth to that for sure, similar to Pats without Welker last year in the playoffs for like you, came at the last second, BUT pats kicked butt in every facet of the game. Mankins tossed Jet defensive lineman around like rag dolls(TB) and that's attitude. Mark interceptions, special teams too!

19. colleen74

colleen74 Member

^^^ ENTIRELY too reasonable and rational.

20. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

22 rookies / newbies, how could it be BUT next year with 6 of the first 53 picks should add a nice touch.