17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

WANTED:

Female companion with Coleman Roadtrip Grill Lx. Must be Jets fan. Please email picture of grille and accessories.

2. Section 227. Row 5

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Thanks for all the help with the grill. 200 bucks isn't too bad for a Coleman so that will be the one I will go with. Can't wait till next season!

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if its gas it isnt a real grill.

buy a 20 dollar grill and a bag of charcoal and call it a day.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

weber charcoal baby

6. Section 227. Row 5

I had the gas company come over and pipe my gas line out through my foundation - the black pipeline that's like 1 1/2". Then I hooked that up to a brand new Weber with a shutoff and quick disconnect and I'll tell you what... look out!

Fucking thing buries the needle at over 600 degrees. I fire it up on high and shut the lid. Then I get my ribeye steaks and bring them out and throw them on there and slam the lid again. Turn them after 1 1/2 minutes to get the grille marks, then flip them after another 1 1/2 minutes. Give them 2 minutes on that side and you are done, baby. Fucking things taste like you're dining out at Peter Lugar's, but it doesn't cost you $200 a couple! I do this even in the middle of winter. The trick is getting the gas line piped outside and get rid of that propane shit. I never run out of gas.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yep I totally agree with U as I had outside gas line also when I lived in NJ :up:

8. Section 227. Row 5

My 5-Minute Steak Rule

Ribeye steak is the best grilling steak you can buy... bar none. Better than any other cut, including filet mignon. Filet Mignon doesn't have enough fat in it to be a good grilling steak.

Here's a few pointers for everyone. I call this my 5-Minute Steak Rule. I do this with your typical 1" thick RIBEYE steak, bone-in preferred:

1) Bring your steaks up to room temperature before grilling. No one knows about this but it helps sear the meat and cook it quickly because you are not fighting the extreme cold inside the meat. A restaurant cook taught me this... he claims you have to do this just like you have to let meat rest... same prionciple. All the major NY steak houses do this.

2) Blast the grille on high with the lid closed. Crank it up, clean it, then let it get to max temperature with lid closed. This is going to sear the outside and seal in the moisture. The room-temperature steaks will cook faster than a cold steak too, therefore shortening the cooking time and keeping the moisture from leaving and drying out the steak. The quicker you cook it, the more tender and juicy the steak. Steak houses like Ruth's Chris and Peter Lugar's use grilles that reach from 1200-1600 degrees. You won't hit that even with your Weber, but you can come close if you have natural gas going to it and follow the above warmup with lid closed. LET THE GRILLE COME UP TO FULL TEMP!

3) Open lid and place steaks at a 45-degree angle in the center... then CLOSE THE LID IMMEDIATELY. Do not open the lid. Wait 1 1/2 minutes.

4) Open the lid and scoop metal spatula under the steak, then "swivel" it 90 degrees and close the lid immediately. Do not turn it over at this point, just swivel it and you will create the X grille marks you're looking for on the presentation side. Leave lid closed and do not open for another 1 1/12 minutes. You are now at the 3 minute mark and still grilling the presentation side of the steak.

5) Open lid and flip the steaks. You are now looking at the presentation side of your steak, which has been cooking a total of 3 minutes. Close the lid immediately and wait another 2 minutes on this side. DO NOT keep on opening and closing the lid. The steaks are fine, trust me.

6) Open the lid and remove steaks to a platter. Let rest approximately 1-2 minutes. Plate them and drip remaining juice from platter on each of them. I close the lid on the grille and leave it on high. After dinner, go back out and all remaining residue from the grilling with be scorched off of the grille ro easy cleaning. Wire brush it and shut it down and it's ready for the next time.

7) On a 1" thick ribeye, this steak will be medium rare. Lengthen the cooking time slightly for closer to medium or if your steak is thicker than 1". Try a little A-1 steak sauce, especially the one with the Tobasco in it. Serve with a baked potato and some sliced tomato and corn on the cob. It doesn't get any better than this.

9. 17a_tailgater

this is my meal tomorrow night while watching the playoffs.my wife leaves for Vegas with her girlfriends tomorrow morning.and im off from work till thursday....

Lets Go Jets

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

17 A enjoy the time to yourself and the steak!

11. Section 227. Row 5

Thinking Suberbowl Again

17a is online tonight, buying himself 2 more SB tickets.

Hey 17a... it looks like we're going to have a repeat performance of last year. A week from now I'm going to be online looking for SB tickets and a flight to Dallas! I was about 10 minutes away from pulling the trigger last year, and I remember you actually did!

12. Section 227. Row 5

Thinking Suberbowl Again

Duplicate post... sorry.

GO JETS!

#11132 Section 227. Row 5, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  13. Section 227. Row 5

Talking Superbowl Again

If anyone has suggestions or helpful info on Superbowl tix or accomodations in Dallas, please visit my thread below: "Talking Superbowl Again." Thanks.

14. 17a_tailgater

my wife warned me of this already today....
    but i reserved an airline ticket with my miles.its on hold for 3 days

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

thought this thread could use a bump--------I am almost officially a NON season ticket holder----just have to wait a few months for the invoice and then I look forward to the JETS follow up phone calls as to why I have not renewed yet and all the lovely deals the offer me to come back and renew---but I look forward to telling them no thanks I am not coming back
    "ONE AND DONE"

16. 17a_tailgater

everyone who dumps tickets,if you could post them here so we can use them as ammunition to upgrade our seats would be appreciated.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Here are my chips I'm all in--
    sec 342 ONE AND DONE

18. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Fuck Woody Johnson.

That is all.

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

After such a great season you are one and done. I wonder how many Bills season tickets holders renew next season.

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I do my steaks in a similar manner (I prefer the strip steak). I give them a light rub with peanut oil, coat with kosher salt and some pepper.

Steak sauce is an abomination.