Whining About Anti-Jets Media (x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Didn't StevC519 F that up?

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bitter? The Jets pretty much announced that they would do everything possible to sign Cowher. That same day he announced he wouldn't be coaching the Jets. Stop making up fairy tales.

#22 abyzmul, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Counting Jets fans only. Which also excludes many others who might be riding the pine today.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Aha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday cannot get here fast enough.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have no problem w/ any "expert" picking the Pats but I still find it funny that Cowher is giving advice on how to beat the Pats in January when he never could.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Making up what? He felt slighted that Woody Johnson was not around to suck up and flatter to Cowher's almighty ass. That supposedly played a major part in him not coming to the Jets.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ll_cowher_confirms_woody_johnson_snub_-2.html

7. abyzmul

That has anything to do with your previous post?

''He still holds it against the Jets for not giving him what he wants as a head coach, which was some ability to control personnel moves.''

Sorry man, you seem like the bitter one. That's a fairy tale right there.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rob Gronkowski > Bill Cowher

9. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

we play better as underdgos. rex will use this to fire up the team. he'll show them how eveyrone thinks we have no chance

10. BakerMaker

How is that not bitter regarding my article? He felt slighted by the owner and was through with the Jets because of that according to the article. If I recall correctly, Cowher to go along with taking the job, wanted his own GM as opposed to keeping Mr. T, hence probably why he wanted to meet with Woody one on one.

I watch the CBS pregame show every week and based off of PURE OPINION, the guy comes off as to really being bitter. Its not Michael Strahan level I give you that but not even Dan Marino is that crazy.

11. abyzmul

Cowher did come out and say that the reason he didn't take the job was because of a perceived snub, but the talk was that he wasn't interested in the job to begin with. Bill Cowher wasn't coming out of retirement in 2009 for any team. At least any team with an opening.

BTW, I feel sorry for you if you really do watch that pathetic pregame show every week. It's terrible.

12. BakerMaker

That might hold truth but I do think entertaining offers alone shows he might've been persuaded to change his mind given what he wanted. He wanted his own personal GM, top cash and other accommodations.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3799959

Cowher originally told friends the Jets' job interested him for several reasons. First, Cowher would love to coach in the New York market. Second, two of his daughters are either going to school or working in the New York-New Jersey area.

13. Woody the Wabbit

Woody the Wabbit New Member

Are Giant fans offended or delighted that Cowher feels Jets have no chance? I'm guessing but aren't most Giant fans cheering for the Jets this week only because their playing NE, while next week they would be cheering for Steelers/Ravens?

14. BakerMaker

They are all pretty bad but at least Shannon Sharpe is hilarious in a bad way. That is the sell for me.

15. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

One superbowl in 13 years correct? Not to mention all those choke jobs in the afc championship games...

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you can actually interpret what Shannon Sharpe is trying to say....with that bag of marbles in his mouth?

17. S.HOLMES.10

S.HOLMES.10 Member

More bulletin board material boys lololol...

18. abyzmul

Yeah, I liked Shannon Sharpe at first, but I resolved to stop watching until CBS installed a windshield wiper for their camera lens to removed his slobber.

19. BakerMaker

Not really...just I know anything Broncos/Ravens and he is glowing in excitement and enthusiasm. Unless of course its about Josh McDaniels and destroying the Broncos franchise.

Its just funny how over the top and clownish Sharpe is...Boomer can't even contain himself at times from laughing.

20. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Same way all these "experts" picked the Saints to romp all over the Seahawks also? Pats & their fans should be confident but I'm still believing this will be a close game that either team can win.

Anyway, Bill Cowher is the last person to comment on how to beat the Pats. BB Pats would beat his Steelers like a rented mule. If the Pats stood in his way during 2006, he'd be retired with zero rings. Finally got lucky & someone else eliminated the Pats before they can send him home again.

#40 ajax, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011