Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. JETS_Fan_001

JETS_Fan_001 Banned

The Patriots dont stand a fucking snowball's chance in hell. We have the advantage in every aspect. Special teams, defense, offense and coaching. We have the better quarterback, running backs, head coach, recievers, corners and practically every position. I find it hilarious that people think the Patriots can even make this a close game.

52-0 Jets.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I wish Belichick was as dumb as his fanbase.

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I know. Every time I see the other team go into the 3 RB, 5 receiver formation I know we're doomed.

4. 624

624 Banned

It's almost as bad as the 2 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE formation

5. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

Bart Scotts comment, "Woodhead is live," to take on a new meaning?

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL-

Exactly, because we obviously can't make adjustments but the Pats can.

Did any of these moron Patsy fans (not all of you), watch the JETS-colts game?
    That was a brand new style of play for our team, hardly any blitzing with a ton of DBs.

Now that it's on film I can't wait to see it mixed up, should confuse Brady unless he asked Peyton to help him study. :wink:

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Personally I think Brady looks less dorky than he did a few years ago. I think that's why he married a model. To give him tips on how he looks.

It clearly wasn't for the sex.

Best I can do.

8. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Hypothetical question for ya. I understand the continued backlash against Spygate, so I'm not trying to defend or justify anything here. Just a question.

Belichick worked under Parcells for years. Part of that time they were both with the NYJ.

Will your opinion change if, at some point, it comes out that the same thing (videotaping signals) was done in NY? Because it's not likely that it started in New England in 2000 when Belichick arrived. The Jets had some decent success under Parcells, right? No titles, but they did go 12-4 in '98 and made the AFCCG.

9. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Nope. Mine are all about Superbowl wins and Brady and Bellichick and Bruuski.

I'm so ashamed.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Certainly better than this-

[​IMG]

11. Big Blocker

Lemme see. Pats were not the same team in the second encounter as in the first. Okay, let's see where this goes.

Jets, who beat Pitt and Indy on the road since then, are they the same team as on 12/5?

#691 Big Blocker, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Actually I'm sure it was for the sex. What's Brady answer when he was asked about his hair.

"My wife likes it"

I can't think of a better answer.

13. Big Blocker

Up to a point, a fair question.

But here's the thing - BP has had success for a longer period of time, coaching in three other cities, had relative success everywhere, and I've never heard of anything to suggest HE cheated.

14. Big Blocker

Well, I was just joking before, but yes, that's a good answer.

15. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

That's the thing though... I don't think, in coaching circles in the NFL in the 70s and 80s and even the 90s, when Belichick and Parcells were working as assistants first and learning the craft, that this type of thing was really considered "cheating." Teams have been trying (by means that are within the rules and also outside of the rules) to do that for decades.

In other words, I don't think Belichick created the concept of videotaping defensive signals. He probably learned it somewhere, from someone. I'm not saying that someone is Parcells, but it could be, and I think it's naive to assume that it only happened in NE.

Again, not trying to justify anything. Just a hypothetical.

16. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

And it looks like the Jets recovered their running mojo just in time for the Patriots.

So next to the question of how can the Jets D defense the Patriots passing attack is how will the Patriots defend against the Jets running attack (and play-action). I say play-action because Sanchez will probably need to do that as well and should have a good chance of being effective if the run is working.

I'm sure Belichick is working hard to figure out a way to best nullify the run (and protect against that play-action). It sounds simple in some ways but there are plenty of ways to mix it up and run the ball. My best hope is that the Patriots D will be able to force at least a few 3rd and longs. They are getting better. Even if they seem to be getting pushed around, they've better able to come up with the big stop or turnover.

Should be interesting.

17. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Yeah I heard that was a big game... :wink: Wasn't that before they wore helmets or something? :smile:

18. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I wouldnt mention Woodhead. He might not even play and if he does, one hit from a LB will put him out.

19. Of course they are. It only works for the Pats, don't you remember? The Pats are as good as their best game. The Jets are as bad as their worst game.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What if Woodhead fumbles like 3 times, all recovered by Jets, then after the game celebrates with the Jets? Could be the best thing ever! :up: :lol: