2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

And he also said that it was because of his "dere onda Moon!" rant last year. So three stories. Which one is true Fatty!?!

2. yankeeswin84

yankeeswin84 New Member

that's a great article but I think WFAN's management needs to basically tell him that the Jets area hot team in this town and his ego cannot get in the way for what's best for the station and the company. But I guess the people in charge bow down to his ass also.

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

People need to start emailing the station and boycotting his sponsors. espitz@wfan.com

#7323 ShadeTree#55, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That reminds me of one of my best pet stories of all-time.

The kitchen was being remodeled at a time when we had a young pit bull. I showed up for lunch just after the contractors left for their lunch. I saw both dogs in the backyard so I let them in. The pit bull immediately ran into the kitchen and shit inches away from someone's tool box.

The dog was outside all morning but waited to shit until it was allowed back inside! I thought about leaving the shit on the floor but just couldn't do it.

"Waitasecond. Waitasecond. Dat's outrageous behavyah. Da dog was outside all day and den when it went inside it soiled da flawh right next to da guy's tool box?!!!? What was da matta with it? Doesn't it have any respek? If da guy stepped on da poop he coulda slipped and killed himself."

5. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

"Waitaskeund, waitasekund, waitasekund! Awr you gonna lemme talk? Can I tawk now? Can I tawk now? CAN I TAWK?!?! I will say dis very slowly so you can unduhstand. What's da name of da show? What's da name of da show? Juss ansuh da questshun. ANSWER DA QUESTSHUN!!! In case you can' read dis sign my mass is blockin' heauh in Blue Heaven, it's 'Da Mike Francesa Show.' Lemme say it again, 'Da Mike Francessa Show.' Not, 'Da Jetz Show,' not 'Da Rex Ryuuun Show', and not 'Da Mr. T Show.' WHO AWW DEY TO TELL ME WHO I CAN AND CAN'T HAFF ON MY SHOW?!?!? I GOT 21 CHAMPIONSHIPS! How many haff dey got? How many haff dey GOT? You don' wanna ansuh da questshun. Awl ansuh it faw you. ZERO! ZILCH! NONE! I'm on anutha planet compared to dat orgaNIZATION! Dey can tell me who ta haff on my program when dey win 21 consekutive championships like I haff!"

"OK, faw uh-clock owuh comin' up. We got Jon Heyman coming up to tawk about da Metz pitchin' staff fuh 2011 - pitchas and catchas in faaw weeks. Den we awr gonna take yaw cawls on da Hawl of Fame and whethuh Bert Blyleven belongs. I'm a very tuff grayda. Awlright. Time faw da flash. Heuhs da Mink man."

#7325 fggrimes, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  6. TheBlairThomasFumble

LOL......

Grimes, that is fucking funny. I love the -- Juss ansuh da questshun. ANSWER DA QUESTSHUN!!! -- classic Fatcessa douchebaggery.

7. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's his classic tactic when a caller brings up a point he does not want to respond to. He quickly sets up an argumentative straw man for the caller to respond to first - usually with the caller pleading, "Mike if you can just let me finish my point?" as he screams over them to answer some inane question that hasn't any relevance to the caller's point. While the caller continues to plead for a moment to make his point, Francesa quickly dismisses them and drops their call and says "He duzen' even want to anshu da question. I run dis show, you don'."

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

Yep! :)

(Caller calls to talk about Yankee rotation) Suddenly:

Fatty: OK, OK, lemme ask you. Is Andy Pettite ah startin' pitcha?!

Caller: Is he a starter?

Fatty: Don't ansawh my question wit a question! Is Andy Pettite ah startin' pitcha?!

Caller: Mike, {crosstalk, with Fatty's mike so much louder that you can't make out what the caller is saying}

Fatty: Yuh don't wanna answuh? I'll ansuh it faw yah. Andy Pettite IS ah startin' pitcha!!!!111

filler.

9. molewis

molewis New Member

Welcome to my world, guy.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

The article was helpful in clarifying that Mike has not even asked to have Jets personnel on his show as guests all season. What a complete disservice to his listeners and Jets fans in particular. FAN management should step in and address the situation w/Mike.

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Chernoff is a coward and a clown.

He doesn't realize the ratings bonanza he has on his hands: Mike Francesa interviewing Rex Ryan after killing him for a year and ripping on everything he says in pressers. Jets fans would tune in in droves.

12. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

If someone named Matt from Sparta ever starts ripping this guy a new one youll know its me

13. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Francesa has the ratings so why should he care?

Francesa is condescending & loves cutting callers off & then talking about how stupid or ignorant their points are while they can't respond. However, it's a winning formula because his ratings are just blowing aways sports 1050 in the same timeslot.

If Jets beat Pats, he'll spend hours discussing Micky Mantle, Derek Jeter's signing & Yankee's starting rotation (which is cool during baseball season). That fat fool will still stomp all over 1050 ESPN who's actually playing Jets coverage.

Francesa's show sucks but he's laughing all the way to the bank because (ratings>quality) and that formula never changes ... so he's secure and can do whatever he wants. Jets fans that keep calling (while there's an AM station with actual Jets coverage playing @ the same time) just shows Fatcesa doesn't need to change crap & his management doesn't need to get involved either.

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

2nd Inning guys, 2nd Inning!!!!!

15. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

This article to me says otherwise. I think Best wrote it as a favor to Francesa... when do you ever see Francesa give quotes for an article in a paper? The answer is never. Tubby sees the writing on the wall; if the Jets continue in the playoffs, and maybe even get to a Super Bowl, he cannot risk NOT having Jets on in those two weeks. A NY team in the Super Bowl and he would have no interviews? Sitting on radio row as Jets walk by him and give interviews to everyone else? Even other hosts on his own station? He is trying to get out in front of this story, especially considering he has given THREE different scenarios as to why this happened, and paint himself as the victim and the Jets as bullies, who pulled their team to "injure his show". It's nonsense and he knows it, because again, this "embargo" happened coincidentally right after he ripped the team mercilessly for a week.

This is damage control by Francesa. Yes, he is still number one and still has the ratings (Speaks to how bad Kay is as much as it does to how good Francesa is, in my opinion) but the last week, more and more callers have (presumably by duping his screener) called him out on his treatment of the team, and more than half a dozen callers have asked him why they hear no Jets on his show. He must be seeing some ratings dip, some sort of effect, or fear that if the Jets continue on in the playoffs, he will feel some sort of ratings effect, so he puts it out there that he is the victim, the Jets are evil, and that he has his fans best interests in mind.

The other factor here is, if the Jets do make the SB, he is out in front to the point that it sets up a ratings bonanza interview with Ryan, or Tannenbaum. He paints the Jets as the bad guys, like the Jets are keeping their players from the biggest show in town to help ESPN, so the Jets let him have Ryan or Tanny that week, and he has the must listen interview of Super Bowl week. (I know, it's somewhat Machiavellian, but this is a savvy, smart guy here. He didn't get to where he is by playing nice).

Bottom line is, to me, this article is an indication that at the very least, he is feeling some heat from somewhere. If he wasn't, if he "didn't need the Jets" as he said, he would not have put quotes to this article..

#7335 Sanpetejets, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  16. TheBlairThomasFumble

Well said. I agree that something has changed in the last couple of weeks in Fatty's head. He's started up more and more with "da Jets stahted dis feud" garbage when people mention the lack of Jets on his show, when before he just acted as if he could care less if the Jets appeared on his show. I assume he typically doesn't do interviews/articles like this because he's thinks that he doesn't need the publicity because he's "gawt tree numba one shows." I think he is concerned.

FWIW, if I were Tanny, I would make sure no Jets went on the show since in the article he called me "a buffoon."

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

Just sent you a PM.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Francesa is entrenched after 20+ years, he's an institution and he's going to get ratings. The Jet thing has become about his ego, now saying he doesn't want them on, etc, and has turned into a kind of anti-Jet sideshow to entertain all the non Jet fans in the market, particularly the bitter Giant fans and the unusual amount of Miami fans we have around here.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's not just him, it's WFAN in general. ESPN's shows for the most part are either as good or better than WFANs with a few exceptions. Yet, all day long, WFAN blows away ESPN and it's not even close.

20. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

WFAN has a much stronger signal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.