Can Sanchez end his critics and kill SOJ on sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Jan 11, 2011.

1. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

And even then, there will be posts here about how bad they looked when they won the game.

2. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Would it really be SOJ to go into Foxboro and lose to the most dominant team in the league? No, unless they do some really bonehead things, miss some easy field goals, etc.

And the thread title ("end his critics") keeps making me picture Sanchez as Raiden doing a Fatality to his critics.

3. LWC611

LWC611 Member

And we have a winner.....Johnny tell him what he has won........

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will end then either.

Look at Champ - his doomsday clock would reset the day after the fucking SB and he's start all over again...

5. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

No, because the media keeps perpetuating it, and, like sheep, certain fans take their cue from the media.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

SOJ will never be dead because we have so many douchebags that root for this team that will never let it die no matter what we do. Any time we lose a game it's SOJ. It's stupid.

7. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

The Same New Jets are a superbowl contender for the 2nd year in a row.
    when is the last time that happened for the fans?????
    Win or lose sunday, if you are mentally competent, you should clearly see that
    the SOJ's play on the field and stigma have been swept out of the organization.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I liked Rex's quote. "If we win Sunday it will be the same old Jets, right back in the AFC Championship game."

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Every franchise has bad losses, it's hard to win a Super Bowl. I'm sick of hearing the SOJ nonsense, if we lose Sunday it will be b/c NE is better than us.

The Jets have NEVER made the divisonal round in back to back years, how is this SOJ?(the playoffs were diffeent in the late 60s, we only needed one win to make the SB in '68 and 2 in '69, we haven't played int he div round as cosntructed since the 70s)

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

See thats the problem. Anytime someone gives honest analysis of him, your one of the first to jump done thier throat. Mark is a second year QB that is still making as many mistakes and bad throws as he is great plays. He has the tools to become a very good QB for a long time.

He has the good fortune/misfortune of being on a vet team that is prepaired to win now. When others say things that are ture when he plays bad you react with "His haters can fucking blow me". Not every one is a hater. Some of us are just calling things as we see them. Going into childish antics everytime someone types any thing negative is silly.

11. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Eli went through the same thing when drafted. that's what happens for QBs in new york. problem is eli is living off the SB his defense won him but has never panned out to be anything more then a solid starter that chokes in big games and throws INTs at bad times like palmer. I hope sanchez turns out better then that and it looks like he will. he does everything good he's just incosistant

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I attack those who aren't patient or who want to get rid of him the 2nd he struggles.

Those are usually the haters.

I don't mind someone saying that he's having a bad game. But they can't have shitty reasons why he is not going to be a good QB or if they just plain "don't like Sanchez"

13. lamont_jordan_rules

... THIS !!! ...

l_j_r

14. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

No because when/if you lose against the patsies in a horrible miserable fashion, 25% of the threads will reference the topic.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sigh, that's probably the real world.

The problem I see is that his supporters are right about his only being a second year player, but that only carries you so far, and I think you would have to be at least a bit concerned. Thre's no guarantee he will improve next year from this. Having said that, imo he will likely do exactly that.

What concerns me is last year his knee was bothering him. This year it's his shoulder. That's a bit troubling.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

An example below of what NDMick is talking about....

If anyone with a user name even close to this tries to sign up here, please Gunthammer immediately. Its SOJF like this that ruin it for the true fans and those being realistic about our QB situation.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/6009816

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Mark sanchez was a huge reason why we won 11 games, his #s aren't great but he made tons of big plays for us and he's getting better. He struggled in the 1st half Saturday but played very well in teh 2nd half. We probably need two good halves against NE but I'm confident he can do it. I have never felt more confident in our QB situation long term.

18. DavidVeloz418

DavidVeloz418 New Member

Sanchez can deliver on Sunday, sure he can, but the Jets can't fall behind early. Still, some people need to remember that Sanchez is just a second year quarterback. He is still learning how to play the position. The fact that he has done relatively well in his young career in the playoffs, especially on the road should be enough to silence his critics. The guy has talent, he just needs to be properly coached..

:pats_suck:

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree with this 100%.

The only reason why this isn't true is that SOJ isn't really about the team, and never has been; it's about the fans and the media. One piece of evidence of that is that you don't hear about SOD (Dolphins) or SOC (Chiefs), yet they've gone almost as long as the Jets have since winning a Super Bowl.

The whole SOJ thing has only arisen because there are two NY area teams, and the fans and media constantly compare the two.

Until the Jets win a Super Bowl the media will keep saying SOJ, Giants fans will keep saying SOJ, and Jets fans with an inferiority complex will keep saying SOJ.

Funny how that quote doesn't get nearly as much airplay as some of the others, isn't it?

20. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

WhiteShoeWillis quoted it also.

If you don't like the term, then use RR as an example. It is not the first time I have heard him using it sarcastically by referencing positive results either. Jeff is right, it is a fan and media catch phrase. Stop taking the bait, or better yet, spit it back out like Rex does and you'll be free of it.