Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well..your point about the O is correct.

The only problem is...Schotty DOES NOT GET IT......

The Short High percentage passing game nets more yardage than running, and is harder to defeat......

3 steps, 3 yard throw and catch = 5 to 7 yard gain.

2. Hobbes3259

Revis lead to you trading Moss.

Buck Frady has not caused a premier player to be discarded by his team.

3. Hobbes3259

They will.

A backup will go after Brady's knees late.

Probably in the first quarter.

Happy now?

OR was your phrasing....inarticulate?

4. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Did you even read the quote. Rex said Revis was the BEST player in the NFL, not MVP. Best player is a measure of talent, and he arguabaly is the most talented player. Rex never mentioned MVP because Revis was clearly not the most valuable player this year for many of the reasons you mentioned, but not due to a lack of talent.

5. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Revis is a talented player but he is no Prime Time who could take it to the house on returns or interceptions. Great player yes. Smartly gets involved at the line of scrimmage. Brady is the best player this year. Not last year during his rehab, but this year and 07. Revis is a top 10 franchise player for sure, perhaps top 5 if he played a full year healthy.

Rex is free to say what he wants in that regards but like all else, not much is accurate. Lord help him if the Jets lose this coming Sunday.

Who you picking to win and why? Score?

6. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Yikes! Not a fan of wishing/wanting injuries..

7. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I don't know. Moss is probably the most talented player to ever play the game and the one who stopped him from every day greatness. Talk about screwing your career over. Look at that one handed catch our first matchup and then Revis is hurt and I didn't see ANY effort to get open after that and it appeared he didn't do his effort on routes adding to two interceptions.

The blowout with the OC and "I want a contract" combined with watching little effort on game days leading to interceptions sealed the deal.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

What has Rex said that was so outrageous that the Lord should help him if he loses? Because how dare he believe he can beat the Patriots, right? How, dare, he.
    And first you bring up MVP when nobody mentioned it and now you are talking about Prime Time. Jeez.

9. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

there are no similarities. Pats had not played St Louis and Orleans and Seattle had no 5 week prior blowout on a nationally televised game

10. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

and they were still better than the jets for years and years, which is why jets better win with all that bragging going on

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

10 minute drives. RZ offense HAS to be better than it has been all season, and get TD's instead of FG's.

12. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I'm not sure if you have actually watched or read any pressconferance of RR, because he has not bragged once. The most outlandish thing he has said all offseason is that he believes in his team.

Actually he has said that he wants to win....what an embarasement.

13. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

ahh Wasn't a Buffalo fan. Johnny Unitas came to visit me in the early 80's if you want me to share and care.

14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

You hit the nail right on the head. If the Pats get three picks off of Sanchez (like what happened on the Monday night game) then it's probably game over. However, if the Jets avoid the big turnover then the game should be a lot closer than the previous game in Foxboro. That's what it's going to boil down to. Mark will have to play much better then he did against the Pats in December and the Jets are going to have to find ways to put some sort of pressure on Brady.

The Jets are also gonig to have to do a better job of scoring points (especially in the first half) not just taking time off the clock. Whether they will be able to do that is the question. The Pats have been great at getting TO's in the second half of this year, but if the Jets can avoid the dumb play then I belive that they can move the ball against the Pats.

15. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

he WON you 2 by kicking them dumbshit

16. GreenMachine

Ever hear of a zone D?

17. Really? They were better than the jets for "Years and years" before 2001?

I mean..yeah during the Kotite years everybody was better than the jets...but i remember from 97-2000 the Jets blowing out the Pats on many occassions, and from 90-94 both teams being subpar.

The Pats have been a thorn in the Jets side for about a decade now...but don't act like this is Yankees vs. Red Sox..cause it's nowhere near that lopsided....and don't act like the losses the Pats had to the jets in 09,08,06,&03 didn't count or didn't burn.

#577 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  18. PatsFan01923

PatsFan01923 New Member

Everytime Rex opens his mouth, the Pats plan to hang another 10 points on. If you thought 45-3 was a run up... just wait. I'm not ant-Jets, it's just that your team has too many distractions, starting with Rex with his mouth and his feet issues, the tripping play, Farve controversy, and continuing to Revis and his big mouth. The Patriots axe loud mouth clowns like Ryan and Revis and idiots like Alosi. You guys defend them.

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

that's fine, but it isnt going to be a run up this time. if you think rex ryan wont be better prepared you are lost.

20. Revis has a big mouth? Huh?

Did you hear Revis' interview after the game on Saturday? He had just held a player who had 111 receptions in the regular season to 1 catch for 1 yard. It was absolute dominance. His interview was almost comical as he tried to stay humble and politically correct as the media made him aware of the obvious feat he had just accomplished.

If you're referring to him calling T.O and Moss slouches...was he really off on that assessment?

Sounds to me like you ARE anti-jets. If that's the case...that's fine..but come clean.