How about replacing Cro with Nnamdi? (Merged x67)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i would love to replace cro with lamarr woodley

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Revis is in his fourth season and is 25 years old. Aso is in his 8th season and is 29 years old. He's never made it to the playoffs..hell I think until this year he hasn't been on a team that won more than 5 or 6 games. We'll see what happens, I think he's gonna limit his teams to playoff level teams only and I don't think any playoff level team is gonna break the bank for him. Or maybe they will. Who knows.

My point is if it costs the same for Cromartie as it does for Aso, I say go for Aso.

3. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

4. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I am all in for this but it is not a need. If we keep Cro and develop Wilson I would as happy especially if we can keep Braylon, Holmes and Harris!

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

bydavidwhite
    http://twitter.com/bydavidwhite
    lol

6. LSUtiger

LSUtiger Member

This from ESPN -- Jets could be a front runner -- Asomugha-Revis combo would be scary.

After ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday morning that Asomugha's contract with the Oakland Raiders was coming to an end without the possibility of a franchise tag, our initial analysis was that any organization could be in play for his next destination, but that secondary-challenged teams like the Houston Texans and Jacksonville Jaguars may show the most interest. Additionally, we speculated that the New York Jets might be a strong suitor as well: in fact, the choice may come down to bringing Antonio Cromartie (and some others) back or making a run at Asomugha.

David White of the San Francisco Chronicle has covered the man who's considered one of the best cover corners in all of football, and he believes that the two most likely destinations are the Green Bay Packers and the Jets. In addition to Asomugha's kinship with Darrelle Revis, he's indicated that he would like to play for Rex Ryan after having been coached by Rob Ryan. As for the Packers' connection, it's Charles Woodson. Asomugha came into the league in 2003, and was with Woodson through the 2005 season in Oakland. Of course, the Pack (and this current front office) are not exactly renowned for breaking the bank on high-profile free agents.

We may have a while until the next collective bargaining agreement is reached, and nothing will be resolved until then. More teams will certainly come out of the woodwork in the coming weeks and months.

7. Titans

Titans Member

Dumb response I never said break the bank for him or anything else for that matter I just presented a possible scenario he is a great CB like Revis and every team in the league including the Jets should be interested if that prompts you to take a shot at me fine but at least get off your momma couch first to do it.:wink:

8. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This sounds like a rumor.

If this happens though, I'd like to see him play safety for the Jets.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

CBA rules and money will dictate this shit.

The Jets have 3 guys that they want to resign over getting Aso.

If he wants to get paid like a top 12 CB, then I'll bring him in. He's not getting top 5 money before Harris and the WRs are resigned.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

I have a hunch this is going to happen. Aso got his big time deal, he's aging and I'm sure he wants to win. Already known he wants to play with Revis. If he wants to win, let's see how bad he wants it cause he sure as shit won't get mega bucks from us.

12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If he really wants to come here he will have to sign for a much smaller contract or else this wont happen.

13. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I really want to believe this, but I can't get my hopes up. I mean, If we have the money left over let's do this, but he shouldn't take priority over our WR's and Harris.

14. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

This is 100% the story from last summer simply being regurgitated because Aso is now a free agent.

Kidding around him and Revis said they wanted to be on the same team (after playing on the probowl together) Rex Ryan said something about it (and people bitched about it being tampering), then all the Raiders fans went nuts dreaming about Revis to Oakland, and the Jets fans went nuts about Aso to NY

You have to look at it realistically.

Cromartie is a 26 year old guy who had a resurging year and would likely sign with us for far less money.

Asomugah while being far more talented is going to command significantly more money (and thats AFTER him taking a massive pay cut) and will be turning 30 next season.

I just dont realistically see this happening, unless the Jets are going to go superbowl or bust again and just give the guy a big short term contract

#114 dcm1602, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I would be ecstatic if this happened. but like Mr. Electric said I'd put him at safety.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

He wont be playing safety if he comes here.

The guys widely considered a top 3 cornerback and he hasnt played safety in 8 or 9 years.

If anything itll be same story as this year with Revis Aso and Wilson @ nickle

17. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

I dont get why you think Cromartie is any good he consistently gets burned. Garcon took him for lunch and Deon Branch destroyed him.

18. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Consistanly equals two games out of 17?

19. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Thats heavily on our pass rush.

If our pass rush was any worse Revis would look like Terrell Thomas

20. HighFlyingJets

Antonio Cromartie is way too gifted of an athlete to let go during the offseason.

He's also only 26 years of age, which means; Revis and Cromartie could make for one hell of a CB duo for many of years to come.

Cro may struggle some what when playing zone coverage, or when he's asked to play off, but there is no doubt about it; he's one of the best man to man cover corners around.

I'll pass on a CB turning 30 in Aso, who's going to be asking for, and also demanding alot more money than Cromartie.

We're also developing a young CB in Kyle Wilson who could become our next Ray Mickens type of nickel back alongside bother Revis and Cromartie.

All these rumors of Garcoon "dominating" Cromartie have been laughable. He never "dominated" Cro, he simply beat him for a TD, on a play where our safety took a really bad angle. Oh yeah, thats right, Peyton Manning was also the QB. You know, it's not like he's considered one of the greatest QB's of all time or anything.

Harris, Edwards, Holmes and Cromartie for 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.