Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

You are correct Sir! Thanks you for reeling me in. This thread has turned into a cheatfest junk thread now. all by jets fans

2. DanR

DanR Active Member

Was that the first playoff game LT won?

3. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Rex said Revis was the "Best Player in Football' in his press conference today.

I wonder if/when this will be interpreted as disrespectful of Brady by Pats fans.

#543 James Calvin, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  4. Sorry. But when your team falls victim to questionable ethics on the field by an opposition twice a year every year...It's hard to ignore the elephant in the room when that team's fan base shows up to talk trash before a playoff match-up.

Patty cake fans opened themselves up to this type of rebuttal 3 years ago when 90% of them defended and validated blatant cheating

5. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

We love you. Would you like a hug?

6. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

But... Even with their back up recieving core Sat., Indy was an unquestioned passing team. The fact that the recievers were reduced to one "catching threat" I take as a positive sign. Manning spreads the ball around. Take that 57 yd touchdown away...and Manning would have had only 168 passing yards total.

They did complete that touchdown though, and what "if" comments are a sad response. Every game has them, what "if" the jets missed the winning field goal?

Tamme and White had only decent games (combined 11 receptions for 100 yards), but Manning even more so then Brady IMO has a way of getting results from JAG's. The fact we kept these two undercontrol against this offense, I think was a needed step towards facing the Patriots. Jets have been weak in the middle of the secondary, and I expected more results from the Colts against it.

The pass threats in NE I fear the most is the Screen/F Post out of the backfield. Woodhead is making a living off it. Also the Patriots, with Welker and their use of tightends attack the weakness in the Jets' middle, they seem to have a better running game than Indy to boot.

I was just glad to see the Jets play better in this area. I took it as a good sign. When asked how we are going to defend a multitude of pass threats, I just felt like responding, "Give them a stronger dose of what we served the Colts."

Will the same type of defensive performance win the game against New England? No, I don't think it will. You could see how much the run game opened up Saturday with that game plan, but it was a step in the right direction.

As Big Blocker, mentioned Jets lack consitancy all around. I believe we can win, but more so than pass protection, I think the offense needs to wake up.

7. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

In other news, this makes me laugh. Reminds me of Jets and Pats fans as each throws sports insults at one another:

[​IMG]

8. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I have concerns about the game. I don't see it as an easy win.

9. dex13

dex13 New Member

kinda like the Jets fans are doing this season? blaming the Dolphins for the fact that their coach forgot that he's not allowed to be an active participant in the game.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

This is possible. It looked tome like he was talking withCro, but camera angles and whatnot can be deceiving.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

When they decided to drop "Boston" they strongly considered renaming the team the Bay State Patriots.

12. Patriot Reign

Patriot Reign New Member

Hello All - I joined today to, hopefully, engage in reasonably intelligent discussions on the upcoming game.

I think this is going to be a close game, as most Pats/Jets games are. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the Jets need to be able to establish the run in order to keep the ball out of Brady and company's hands. This Patriot offense is much improved over the one that had become too "Moss-Centric," and there are so many weapons at Brady's disposal that a defense shut him down UNLESS they can pressure him.

I will tell you, and I know I am in the minority of Pats fans on this, Sanchez concerns me. He can look terrible for stretches but what impresses me about him is, just when you think he is melting down, he will suddenly hit on a third and long. As much as I can't stand the Jets (I'm sure you all understand) I do like Sanchez and think he will become a top NFL QB in a few years. He withstands an incredible amount of pressure on a weekly basis at such a young age and I think that will serve him well in the future.

I'm curious as to what you all think the Jets D will do differently in this game than they did a few weeks ago. They seemed intent to mostly keep their CBs covering whomever lined up wide for the Pats (sometimes Brandon Tate or Alge Crumpler) while leaving the nickle back or safeties to cover the young TEs or Wes Welker.

Looking forward to a hearty debate!

13. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Rex sure lives in Dreamland. Revis didn't even play in at least 3 games. doesn't do his team much good being injured. You got to play to be an MVP. Brady will be the MVP and Revis was never in the top 15. Revis played a great game against Indy. Kicked their butts. But noone in the NFL agrees with Rex on just about anything he says. BUT I sure love the press he gives. He best win Sunday or he makes a great effort by the Jets look like fools otherwise late Sunday and that ain't right.

But the big difference was when the footpixes dude claimed Manning studied more and Brady is mistaken. The fat chub has no idea who studies more. Why Brady doesn't do all the commercials so he can study more an is the first person in last to leave many days and before having children was first in first out all the time.

#553 patswinagain, Jan 10, 2011
  14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Manning studies more then Brady. This is not Rex's opinion this is fact. I know its hard for you to see that with Brady's balls over your eyes as your gargeling his dick but its true. That doesnt mean Bradys not a great qb they just are different. If Manning had BB has his coach he wouldnt have to study as much.

15. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

From afar, it appeared to me Jets after halftime had a fire under their butts and wanted the game much more than the Colts who didn't seem to have any leaders outside of Manning and perhaps because Revis shut them up on the field. Pats have superior weapons. Indy always had the long throw and the refs calling pass interference. Manning didn't have many weapons of choice and that punt or kick interference was that of a retard. wow what a stupid and season ending penalty. but Jets played smart and the turnover ratio is critical as it will be even more important this Sunday

16. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Shows lack of intelligence even if you were in the patriots locker room with your boyfriend you still wouldn't have the answer. You have no idea who studies more or what EITHER one of them do or don't do. You're a fan, nothing more.

:rofl:

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

establishing the run is secondary to the D keeping it a one score game. establishing the run won't mean anything if the Pats run up and down the field and take and maintain 2 score leads. at that point, the Jets will have to abandon the run no matter how well they are doing to pass the ball and score quickly.

the key to the game is the same that happened in Indy -- the D keeps the offense within one score or with the lead so the offense can keep pounding the ball and execute long ball control drives to wear down the D and keep Brady on the sideline. but that is 100% dependent on the defense keeping it close.

18. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

I am getting off-line in just a few minutes Patriot Reign, but thought I'd take a stab before I left...

I hope this is a close game. No question, the Patriots are playing some good football. I believe the Jets will produce more pressure than week 15, but I do not see Brady getting the pressure required to be shut down. If the Jets pass protection can improve and slow him down, while keeping the running game in check, I will be happy.

As others have mentioned the Jets running game and game management is the key. Offense will need to perform all 60 minutes like they have shown they can do during portions. I agree that Sanchez should concern you, but he also concerns me. The question is, "How many third and longs, will he hit. How many will he have to?" I can't answer that one. I am pretty damn confident that the Patriots will perform well, though.

I think the defense will tackle better, I think the saftey's will play better.

As I said before, I think our offense has underachieved. I believe the Jets can make it a close game, and win if they knock that shit off. But then again, I am a homer...

#558 A-11 Jets, Jan 10, 2011
  19. Danny Boy®

Danny Boy® Banned

Some Jets players were crying that the Pats ran up the score. So I hope they do something about it on the field instead of whining after. Will the Jets cry again when we win 47-7? You either stop them, or you dont. Simple.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Bring up a specific example.