I want Revis on Welker, with Cromartie on Branch.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HighFlyingJets, Jan 10, 2011.

1. HighFlyingJets

Tom Brady may have plenty of offensive options to work with, but it's obvious that Welker is NE's most talented WR. Thats no secret. We all know Brady & the Patriots love to spread out opposing D's with 4 and 5 wide sets, we all know they love to work Welker out of the slot, and we've all seen what Welker has done for Brady & the Pats offense during years past. If ANYONE has a chance to contain, slow down or maybe even shut down Welker... It's #24 himself. The only way I wanna see Revis on another player, is if Rex KNOWS Brady is going else where.

The same goes for Cromartie on Branch, because it's no secret that Cromartie is our 2nd most talented cover corner when compared to corners such as Wilson, Lowery, Cole & Coleman. Branch has always been clutch for Brady, & we traded for Cro, for situations such as this one. I want Cromartie on Branch.

No matter where both Welker & Branch line up on the field; I want Revis on Welker, with Cromartie on Branch.

2. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

i agree..... and zone the fuck out of the middle of the field.....make brady throw to the sides all day

3. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I'd rather go the other way around, a big play for Branch is down the field while a big play for Welker is 15 yards. Whoever Cro is on we have a disadvantage so i'd rathger Welker hurt us w/ dinks and dunks.

5. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

That'd be fine with Brady. If you don't get pressure on him, he'll pick you apart.

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Thanks for the insight. Come on dude no offense but bring more to the table than this. All great QBs do better when they aren't pressured.

7. HighFlyingJets

With all that said; both Revis and Welker have a chance to impact this Patriots offense in major ways, because both Welker and Branch are huge parts of this Patriots offense.

I'll settle for taking our chances against players such as Gronkowski, Hernandez (both rookies), Woodhead and/or Green-Ellis, Eddelman or Tate as their #5 WR/RB.

Thats why we have players such as Eric Smith, Poole, Wilson and/or Lowery or our LB's (depending on who's on the field).

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I want Rex to send Gholston into the Patriots locker room to bust Brady's knee with a metal pipe.

9. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Thanks for the advice, dude but I don't need it. Brady has so many weapons to throw to that playing straight-up zone would be the stupidest thing you can do. You have to get pressure on him and make him get the ball out quicker. The big question is if you do zone blitzes or just straight man coverage behind the blitz.

The thread starter needs to bring more to the table. Branch absolutely dominated Cromartie last game. Why would you want that again? They are also going to move Welker all around the field as Reiss points out so the Jets have to adjust to it and move Revis wherever Wes goes regardless of which side of the field he's on.

10. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

first, if you do this scheme the whole game, it might work for a drive, a quarter, maybe even a half, but there's no way brady/belichick is going to continue to be fooled by it. you need 2-3 defensive game plans with MANY different looks like we did this last game. 3-4/4-3/nickel/dime/2-5/5-2... mix those up, make it hard for brady to dink and dunk since that's his forte. make him hand off and try deep throws. we can handle those.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

RR's blitz-happy schemes have given Brady fits in the past. As soon as RR strayed away from his bread and butter, and went vanilla @NE we got destroyed because Brady slices and dices Cover 2 like no one else.

12. HighFlyingJets

Wrong. Revis was all over the place last meeting with the Pats. There were even times, when we had our best cover corner (Revis), on the outside, going up against NE's least talented WR/TE in Crumpler; who's a freaking run blocking TE for crying out loud.

I want Revis as a shadow to Welker, in the same types of ways that we used Revis on Wayne last week... Which was during each and every play.

It would be great news for our D if Woodhead doesn't play again, due to his head injury.

13. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Hey we did it to Manning and look who came out on top? Don't say for a second he had no weapons. He could take anyone out of the f*cking crowd and make them look all pro. Those receivers are all more than capable. I'd rather one guy burn us (Garcon) than a whole team.

14. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Woodson played on Welker in the Packers game and did a fantastic job. He tackled Welker for a 2 yard gain on a quick WR screen. he ran like a bat out of hell past all the blockers.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Last team is was their ground game and Woodhead that killed us.

Welker had a solid day, and Branch was relatively contained (60 yards)

If Revis can shut down Welker and Cromartie keeps Branch his usual 80 range we should easily torch these guys as long as their HBs dont have a bajillion receiving yards again

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'd move Revis all around, keep them guessing.

17. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If it's man everywhere I'd like:

Revis - Branch
    Cromartie - Gronk/God
    Coleman/Smith/Ihedibo - Hybrid S/LB RB spy
    Wilson - Welker
    Cole - Hernandez

Or maybe man up on the sidelines with Revis and Cro and play short zones over the middle with safety help. I'd like to see Rex use dig and Smith as LB in passing downs too.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

A friend of mine said this too, but then I hit him with a rebuttal of "but the dink and dunk is the Pats offense", so if we let them hurt us with it, what are we actually stopping?

20. 624

624 Banned

I want Revis on Branch on 1st and 2nd down, and on Welker on 3rd down.

Cromartie always outside (obviously), on Branch on 3rd down.