Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

If the Jets have a lot of turnovers, I can see this being another blowout. If they take care of the ball and control the clock, it SHOULD be a competitive game.

2. Good call man!

How DARE the jets and us Fans even FATHOM the possibility of winning on Sunday against the mighty patriots?

In fact, why even bother showing up?With 5 legit offensive weapons..the Jets concievably have NO SHOT.

There's one problem with our little theory here though. Did you see what happend week 2 in the meadowlands? Did you see what happend on Saturday in Seattle?

Yikes. Maybe we better just SHUT UP and wait for Sunday, huh?

I know all fan bases have their rotten apples...but some of these Patty cakes are just straight up tools.

3. benhamean

benhamean Member

31-17 Patriots

4. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

As a die hard pats fan, this game scares me for a number of reasons.

1:) It reminds me of the 2001 super bowl against the rams. Remember who the overwhelming favorites were? Who won the game?

2:) Seattle beating the Saints proves upsets are very possible(as usual)

3:) KC was second in the league with the fewest turnovers all season yet they turned the ball over 5 times this weekend.(This could happen to Brady and the Pats)

4:) Streaks always end. the 2007 streak ended at the worst possible time.(I am referring to Brady interceptions streak as well as overall team turnovers)

5:) The jets have a legitimate bone to pick with the Patriots. We curb stomped them the last game out and a solid grudge match game is in order. The jets have their pride and humility on the line and want to return the favor to the Patriots on a national level)

I remember going to opening day at Gillette in 2003 against the Bills. We got roflstomped 31-0. When we played them the second game of the season at their house, we returned the favor.

This game is about the ripest I have seen since 2007 to be an upset!

However, With all the points above mentioned...

I am not worried. I think any sane Pats fan has these exact same thoughts. We do not want the bubble to burst quite yet. If you Jets fans were in our shoes, you would not either.

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how many OLinemen will be playing at once? If you are talking about Revis on 1 Rec, Cro on another, and then 4 more legitimate receiving threats, plus lawfirm & Woodhead. That's 7 guys. Brady in the pocket for 8. Three OLinemen???? I don't think that is a very good plan.

Or did the NFL just grant the Pats ability to play 13 on offense?

Just curious what the formation will be. 5 guys on the line plus Brady is 6. You are left with 5 WRs or a TE & 4 WRs or 1 TE, 3 WR 1 RB. Are they going 5 WR every down? Then we can leave the LBs on the sideline and bring in 7 DBs with 4 up front.

6. GreenerPastures

RUSH:

I'm a long time Pats fan and a a little more sage than you. Here's a little advice:

You're going to be called a Cheater, everywhere you go. Now and forever more. It's OK. Don't argue it. Defending it is silly, the haterz are gonna hate. period. It doesn't matter if they themselves also cheated. You argue that point and you are going to get a " scope and severity " answer and you still lose. Cuz as I said earlier: We are the Grandaddies of the Cheaters. And I'm not ashamed or embarassed to say so. If you're going to do it, be the best.

If we weren't consistantly contenders, no one would care. Look at the Broncos, they did the same thing, no one cares, Arlen Spector isn't calling for a Senatorial panel to investigate them. And your young so you may not know that the Broncos cheated years back by messing with the Cap/John Elway.So this was their organizations 2nd cheating episode. Whether it's " fair " or not is no matter. It's really not.

Keep your chin up, my friend. Not everyone has to love or respect us.
    Now go sew that Cheater Badge on your Brady jersey and wear it proud. :)

7. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

The Colt's were not a passing team?

8. RUSH

RUSH Member

[​IMG]

9. A-11 Jets

A-11 Jets New Member

I believe that the Jets can win against New England. But Captain Obvious says, “This will be a good test, the J-E-T-S need to step it up if they want any payback, because the Patriots have been playing better football then in week two.” Umm yeah, duh.

Not sure what defense was out on the field during the week 15 ass raping, but it sure did not look like the “D” anyone expected. Leonard is a big loss, yes, but even if he had been injured warming up prior to kick off of that game, the defense should have done better. Thankfully, they have been. Keeping the Colts to 16 points this weekend was good work. Revis, E. Smith, and Pool had a great game. Sure Indy created some holes and broke off some runs but, as far as, following a game plan vs. Manning, the D did their job.

Of course the offense was to blame for week 15 also. (3 points… really?) The biggest concern I have for Sunday is getting points on the board. Brady and the Patriots are going to beat you on some plays, Jets will need to respond. Something has been off, and I was hoping they would have it turned on by now. The line played well the 2nd half last Saturday, and it was encouraging to see Greene and LT being productive. But the Jets are going to need more completions then they have been getting to keep defenders out of the box and keep the chains moving.

If I didn’t feel the offense has been underachieving this year, I wouldn’t give the Jets much of a chance against the Patriots. If things stay the same, the Patriots will in all likelihood win. However, I believe with their personnel, New England would find it pretty damn difficult to play better than they have been. This gives me hope.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Seriously, how can you be proud of rooting for cheaters?

Ftr I think Pats fan has a fair point asking how the Jets will cover all their receivers. Along with which Sanchez shows up and effectiveness of NE pass protection, that is a key factor in the game.

I don't know, to be honest. It's a real concern.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Good post, and ftr the other recent performance that concerns me, other than the O last Saturday night in the first half, was the D against Chicago (I think the Miami loss was a hangover from the NE loss the week before). In the Bears game the O played quite well, well enough to win. The D was awful.

Inconsistency has been quite common both on O and D. I don't think we can assume that is behind us as concerns the D just because they held the COlts to 16.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Colts had ONE legitimate catching threat. Garcon. And he went long for 7. On Poole (Should have backpeddaled into an INT there)

13. benhamean

benhamean Member

Sal Alosi like this.

14. Hobbes3259

This game is about Mr.TIBS.

Period.

The Colts paradigm of limiting possessions still holds.

But...The Pats D while weak, is better coached than Indy.

Beli will not let Edwards run free deep all night long.

Beli will seek to limit the inside throws we were getting good at against Pitt and Chi, and Force Sanchez to go where Mr. TIBS wants him to go.

Deep and Outside.

15. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Shockingly easy if you ever want to have an adult discussion about it sometime. This week is probably not that time. :wink:

Good luck this week fellas, should be an awesome game to watch. Here's to no injuries and a hell of a football game! :beer:

16. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the Patriots have already been burnt on some of these enough to not let it happen again.

Which is one reason the Giants surprised us so to speak. I'll bet that game will used somehow for this week.

Thank you New Orleans. Thank you for falling in that trap 1st so the other favorites won't also fall in too.

It will probably happen at some point and how the Patriots react to it will tell how far they go in the playoffs.

Ditto

Teams do tend to respond well after getting blown out.

Yep but it's already happened to the Patriots and that helps.

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I guess you might count Reggie Wayne as a legitimate threat, but he was only the second leading receiver in the NFL this year.

He caught 1 pass for 1 yard on Saturday.

#517 James Calvin, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  18. Hobbes3259

In all fairness....Alosi, was preventing uncalled cheating.

It is a Foul to run down the BENCH while covering kickoffs....

This was not on the white stripe....this was down the bench.

I'd support James Harrison for doing the same.

The Refs have a responsibility to enforce the rule.

When they do NOT..it allows fans to question the objectivity of NFL officiating, and guys like Walt Coleman and Walt Anderson give enough reasons for that.

19. Hobbes3259

There is NO LEGITIMATE PASS CATCHING THREAT that is covered By Revis.

Ask Wayne.

Now..I know you feel clever pointing out your presumed hole in my logic...

BUT ANY REALISTIC GRASP OF OBVIOUS FACTS dictates that legitimate threat = guys not covered by Revis.

Do you disagree, or were you being deliberately obtuse?

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

C'mon! Your a Jets fan! With Revis on him Wayne was no threat.