Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yeah exactly, the announcers were freakin brutal. It's like the media is programmed to be anti-Jet.

(James Calvin for Rookie of they year)

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Rex just confirmed that he will use the same game plan from the Colts against the Patriots.

3. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

The media is really baiting Rex into bashing Brady in his presser right now. I love it.

4. HOI

HOI Active Member

Every time I hear Myers voice I want to punch something

5. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

You people are starting to sound like Colts fans. "Sanchez did a lot better than the announcers gave him credit for" Sanchez is a middle of the road player at best. Hasselbeck lokks like a hall of famer next to Sanchez.

6. GreenerPastures

Nope, not at all. " Greener Pastures " is a play on words. Gillette is a Greener Pasture than Meadowlands. I really did mess up. Not trying to hide anything. Last night I couldn't send PMs and I wanted to give a poster a heads up about something, cuz he's coming to Foxboro for the game. So I sent a PM to a Mod to forward. If I was trying to be sneaky I wouldn't have sent a Mod a PM stating I lived near Foxboro.

I'm pretty much.. what you see is what you get.

7. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

As I recall last year the chargers were the hottest team in football with all the offense weapons in the world ,in the week leading up to the game all we heard was how good Sproles, Jackson, Gates, Floyd, and Rivers were and that didn't go as planned for them did it?

Just sayin

8. MadBacker Prime

HAHA-

"Junkie" I believe, not the football part though.

Sanchez still in his second year has shown flashes of brilliance. While continue to show flashes of retardation. Be careful you're almost full retard.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

They are already attacking him because he said Manning would of watched the game. They see it as an attack on Brady. *yawns*

10. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

got a link to the presser?

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

no, sorry. I was listening to it on the radio. But this is the JETS Twitter.
    “Unless they change the rules, this game is starting 0-0,” says Coach Ryan, who told Belichick that the Jets would see NE in Round 3 2 minutes ago via web

#EA “He took a shot at me with his antics on the field...” Ryan says of Brady. "Brady being Brady." 11 minutes ago via web

#EA Rex playfully takes a jab at Brady, says Peyton Manning would have watched the Jets play SAT night. 13 minutes ago via web

#EA “I think the pressure should be on me…” Ryan says. “It comes down on me and nobody else.” 14 minutes ago via web

#EA Brad Smith has the groin injury, but it sounds like he’ll be ready to roll for the Divisional Round. 16 minutes ago via web

#EA “It wasn’t the players,” says Ryan and then states again that he has “to raise his level” vs. Coach Belichick. 18 minutes ago via web

“Might of looked good on paper, but it wasn’t realistic,” Ryan says of his Dec. gameplan vs NE. 20 minutes ago via web

#EA Coach Ryan says it’s about "raising his level" after admitting that he was outcoached by Bill Belichick back in December. 22 minutes ago via web

#EA “This is about Bill Belichick vs. Rex Ryan,” says Ryan. 23 minutes ago via web

#EA "An amazing player, a once in a lifetime player," Ryan said of D. Revis. 24 minutes ago via web

#EA Coach Ryan calls Darrelle Revis the best player in football after holding Reggie Wayne to just 1 catch.

http://twitter.com/nyjets

12. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

It's not Fantasy Football. You don't win on stats. May be hard for a Pats fan to understand.

If I were on the opposite team, I would not want to see the Jets get the ball with a minute left and the game on the line. Sanchez has won more games in the last minute this year than any other QB. Middle of the road QB's don't do that 5 or six times in a season.

#472 James Calvin, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Now they know and we will lose!!!!!!!

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Collinsworth was fantastic. He's definitely the best analyst in the game.

15. gopats88

gopats88 Member

I completely understood your first post... apparently you didn't understand mine:

I do NOT expect a close game... and so far you have given me no reason to be convinced otherwise.

While the argument of "We couldn't possibly play that shitty again!" may be convincing in your mind, in mine it is not.

OK, so I forgot that Sanchez didn't play in Buffalo... but that still leaves him with 1 TD, 6 INT in his past 5 games... is your definition of a great game for him is one where he doesn't throw multiple interceptions and the team pulls out a win?

He played like shit against Indy no matter how you try to spin it. While I agree that he played well at the end, he showed nothing at all in the first 3 quarters of the game. And our defense is a ton better than Indy whether you care to admit it or not.

Has your defense turned some sort of corner since the last game? Lets see... 38 points from the Bears isn't all that convincing, and "impressive" performances against Chad Henne and Brian Brohm don't really persuade me to believe that either.

You guys were plenty willing to admit that our offense poses matchup problems for your defense after Week 13... and right now, I do not see how that has changed.

Lets see what else... following the last Pats vs. Jets game you guys are 3-2 with 2 consecutive wins. Coming into that game you were 9-2 with 4 consecutive wins.

I can't honestly say that you guys look any better or more intimidating than you did leading up to week 13.

If you are going to call me a "fucking retard" for expecting a blowout, why don't you at least try to provide me with a convincing argument otherwise?

16. bird_1972

bird_1972 New Member

Collinsworth is the most annoying prick on TV. I want to slap him.

17. MadBacker Prime

Good lord you go on an on.

Our D, how about holding Peyton and the Colts to 1 TD and 16 total points in their building in the playoffs.

I'm not trying to convince you of Mark, I could give two shits what you think about him. I'm just letting you know the Jets fan opinion.

So you honestly expect a blowout on Sunday?

How old are you if you don't mind?

18. Realityguy

Realityguy New Member

Nice rings Bill B!

Well uh, hey Bill. Car troubles? No, no.... you don't have to put your rings away. uh, those sure are nice. Can I smell em?

19. mute

mute Well-Known Member

sarcasm ???

20. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Calling us "fucking retards" for our opinion isn't "just letting you know the jets fan opinion".

As I have made clear, I think we have every reason to have those expectations.

Yes, I expect a blowout (maybe not 45-3, but 38-10 does not seem at all unlikely).

I am 22 years old (that 88 at the end of my name is the year I was born).