Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. nycgoons

nycgoons New Member

Dude do you own knee pads with number 12 on them. Reading your rambling is annoying you make it seem like Tom Brady is football, you shouldnt care what jets nation says about your QB, you speak of him so highly, why dont you act like him, wipe your vagisil, put on your uggs and gtfo

2. GreenerPastures

We won three SB with AV, not two.

3. Green&Gold

Green&Gold New Member

Green Bay Packer fan here. Jet's, stuff the fucking ball down the Pats throat early and often. That's what we did with a 2nd string QB. Game was pretty damn close.

I truly hope for a Jets vs. Packers SB. Let's make this epic defensive matchup happen!

4. Realityguy

Realityguy New Member

good season

Jets had a good season. Beating the Pats at home just won't happen. The Pats may even keep their starters out to rest them for the Championship. I hope Rex dug 2 holes at the practice complex because he's got another ball to bury.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Not sure how you can consider one man's actions the team cheating.

Your team cheated from the top. Multiple personnel, multiple technologies, and costs involved--big difference.

On a side note, RUSH sucks.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Keys to beating the Patriots:

Keep the Pats offense off the field via ball control.
    Force Brady to rush his throws.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I'd like to think it likely that the Jets will be able to run on NE as well as they did against Indy. On paper there's no reason think they can't.

But something tells me this game will depend on how well Sanchez plays. Not that the Jets will need him to pass for 400 yards or anything. But they need him to avoid turnovers, be effiicient enough to prevent the Pats from loading up the box, and give the Jet players enough reason to have confidence in him to do what he needs to do.

On how likely that is to happen, it is frankly a mixed bag at this point. I dont know exactly why too many of his passes were sailing until he played better toward the end. The fact that he was able to play better later seemed to me to suggest it was a mental thing earlier on. So will he play like the first half or the second half? Something tells me that is what this game will turn on.

8. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Serby has a great article in the Post today:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/getting_even_with_pats_lqXq3BXaMTnJsiy8x2YkjI

If you don’t think the Jets have a chance against the Patriots, then you do not know the NFL, and you certainly do not know the Jets — or Rex Ryan.

If Mark Sanchez plays the way he did over most of the first 59 minutes against the Colts, if he plays the way he played the last time in Foxborough against the Patriots, then no, the Jets won’t lay a glove on Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.

But what if he doesn’t? What if Sanchez plays his best game and Brady doesn’t play his best game? Is that possible? Of course it is. Is it the only way the Jets can win? Maybe.
    But the point here is: This is no Mission Impossible.

COMPLETE JETS COVERAGE

Belichick is the league’s best coach, by far, and has been for a decade. Brady is the best quarterback this season. The Patriots are the best team. And none of it guarantees Belichick and Brady a fourth Lombardi Trophy together.

The Jets can look to Super Bowl XLII for comfort. The Patriots were 111/2-point favorites over the Giants that night. Who imagined that Eli Manning would win MVP honors and the imperfect team would end the Patriots’ perfect season?

The Jets are 81/2-point underdogs for Sunday’s rubber match, aka World War III. All anyone seems to remember is the 45-3 Boston Massacre on Dec. 6, only three days after the Jets were emotionally devastated by the loss of Jim Leonhard. The Jets won the September meeting 28-14, before Randy Moss was exposed as a slouch and even after Darrelle Revis was hamstrung by his training camp holdout.

“I think you throw the first two games out,” Jason Taylor said yesterday on CBS. “This game is for kinda all the marbles to move on to that AFC Championship game, and regardless of what happened in Week [13] or whatever that debacle was, we’ll regroup and be ready to go this time.”

What ought to concern Belichick most when he dissects Jets-Colts isn’t Sanchez’s resilience in the last minute, or the way Revis took Reggie Wayne away, or how Antonio Cromartie looked like a threat to take a kickoff return to the house. Or how Ryan combined brains and brawn to hold the great Peyton Manning to 16 points. Or how frisky LaDainian Tomlinson looked and how powerful Shonn Greene looked and how the offensive line practically drove the Colts back to Baltimore.

It is the fact that the Jets believe they can withstand anything, overcome everything, and they fear no one.

And hate the Patriots maybe more than Brady hates the Jets.

Ryan may have buried the football from the Boston Massacre at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center, but he won’t bother trying to bury the memory of that humiliating night when Belichick rubbed it in.

Belichick may have the advantage of an extra week of preparation, but Ryan can counter by summoning every ounce of his motivational genius to whip his Jets into full-blown us-against-the-world mode. His grenade last week dissing Brady’s work ethic had to be a calculated dagger designed at toying with the pretty boy’s head.

God only knows what tricks Rex might take out of his bag. A Gisele Bundchen lookalike sent to the press room to fawn over him? A droll, monotone delivery mimicking Belichick’s? An invite to Joe Pesci to answer questions as Danny Woodhead?

The only common ground that Ryan and Belichick will find this week is Belichick reminding everyone what a menace these Jets are and Ryan reminding everyone what a menace the Jets are.

The Gillette Stadium faithful will deluge Ryan with foot taunts and signs, a risky tactic because it will only serve to further rally his players around him.

But it always comes back to Sanchez. It is a testament to the Jets’ physical and mental toughness, to Ryan’s trickeration, that they could prevail on a night when, until it counted most, Sanchez was off the mark. The Patriots are too stout for Ground and Pound to dominate. But the Patriots are young on defense, and it should not be lost on Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer that Packers backup quarterback Matt Flynn strafed them for 251 yards and three TDs (with one pick-six) in a life-and-death 31-27 loss in Foxborough.

This is bigger than the biggest game of the year. This is The Second Season, and there are more playoff-hardened Jets (Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, Cromartie, Taylor, for instance) than Patriots.

“I remember late in the fourth quarter,” Tomlinson recalled, “as the Patriots were talkin’ and yappin’ about the game that night, and I said to a couple of the guys, ‘You guys got us tonight, but we’ll be back.’ ”

Don’t count Sanchez out.

Don’t count the Jets out.

Yes they can!

Mission Possible.

9. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I Love that "Mission Possible". That should be the team battle cry!

10. GreenerPastures

Meh. You're talking degrees here.

But if you want to look at it that way: We are the Biggest Baddest Grandaddy of the Cheaters. As they say:
    If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. And there ain't no one going to touch us in the Cheating Department. These flimsy attempts this year by the Broncs and Jets to Cheat are small potatoes in the Cheating World. There's no place over here on the Cheater's Bench for teams that don't give it all they got.

Life is good.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

As long as we avoid that disastrous Mission Accomplished thingy.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The retard level is strong with this one.

If you bothered to read what I type, it read --
    "That Monday night was a poor performance by all phases. If any Pats fan really thinks that's going to happen again they're fuckin retarded."

Meaning if you think it's going to be a blowout. Are you with me now?

Sanchez played great against Pittsburgh and the Bears, and did not play vs Buffalo.

He had his completion percentage up and that will be key in beating you guys. The ball was sailing vs Indy, but in the end when we needed him he was there. On top of that he ended the game playing very efficient. The first we played Sanchez completed 70% of his passes, in game 2 he was atrocious, I will not argue that.

Since Rex and Sanchez arrived we are 2-2 vs you guys. Both wins at home, and some Pats fan posted Sanchez' numbers in both his regular season games while playing in NE.

Tom's at NY in 2 games are 2 TD's, 3 INT's, 1 strip sack, and a combined completion percentage of 52.25%.

Do you expect that to continue? If you were playing us at home in the playoffs would you not think it's a different scenario? I know Sanchez is no Tom Brady but he has shown us that he he extremely reliable under pressure.

Expect a very close game no matter who wins, no way in hell our defense is giving up anything close to 45 again.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Hahaha. You know you loved that farce.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Lol. BTW, I read your meet-up post but I don't think I'm your type.

All kidding aside, I live in Mass, not NYC.

I attend all home Jets games, you can meet me at the Pats game next year.

15. GreenerPastures

I have to agree with MPB. This game isn't going to be the blowout we saw a few weeks ago. This is going to be a scary tough game for both teams. No predictions, no bravado here. And any Pats fan or Jets fan who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

In all honesty: is there anyone here who thinks this game is a " gimme " for their team. I certainly don't. I'm so looking forward to watching it all unfold on Sunday and see which team brings the better game to the field.

16. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

I sit and I read and I try to keep it all in context

but I need to ask the simple things.
    I understand that the Jets fans love their team and they should. I also understand that they have some great personel, anybody who is a football fan and not just a blowhard knows that you have the best shut down corner in football playing for the Jets. You also have a great "O" line. But trying to avoid talking about how good the Patriots passing game is, is like whistling passed the graveyard. Revis will shut down 1 reciever. Chromarty will shut down 1/2 of a reciever. Who will shut down the other 4 LEGITIMATE pass threats and still have time to shut down Woodhead, and Green-Ellis. I am just hoping you can stop thinking with your hearts for one minute and think with your football head long enough to think about this. I am hoping for a great game and I think it will be one, but please knock off the stupid "Belicheat" and "Patsi's" bull and give Tom Brady and the rest of this team their due. I don't remember but did the Dallas, Steelers and 49ers teams of the past have to endure the stupid retorec that this great Patriots team has to. And when will you admit that Tom Brady is great, after his fourth or maybe after his fifth SB come on !!!!!!

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It may seem silly to you but anyone who calls themselves Football "junky" and spells Cromartie, as Chromarty is a fraud.

I stopped there but I think I know where you're going. Of course we respect Brady, we're not morons. It's not like he's burning teams with big plays now, it's just a methodical short passing game down the field. In our 1st matchup we rattled Brady with our blitzing. 2nd matchup we did not.

I'm sure you watched the Colts game and our approach was a DBH heavy D with hardly any blitzes. I expect to see more blitzing in NE but not much.

18. GreenerPastures

I made a boo boo when I signed up. I live in Mass too. A couple of drinks a little ganja and who knows what I will write or where I think I am. lol

Fixed it tho. And no worries. I read a post where you live out in the western part of the state and I am right on the RI border, with the big snowstorm coming Wed., it wouldn't have worked out anyway. ;)
    We'll do it in the spring.. when the birds are singing, the flowers are blooming and one of us will have semi recovered from losing this Sunday.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

NYC, greener pastures?

Tried sneaking on as a Pats fan, right?

20. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

I watched the Indy game again last night, and Sanchez did a lot better than the announcers (and the public) gave him credit for. He did have a streak of throwing the ball high for a few plays and was under a lot of pressure in the first half. He took at least 5 incompletions throwing the ball away to avoid the sacks.

In the second half he made a lot of key throws right on target to keep the drives alive. The pass protection was great. And after completing about seven in a row right on target, Genius Collingsworth announces "He's overthrown every pass tonight" going into the final drive.

With 50 seconds left he made three great throws to move the team 40 yards for a chip shot field goal. Win the damn game. That doesn't show up on the stat sheets.

Sanchez will be fine if the Jets stay on THEIR game. The did it in week 2, and they didn't do it on MNF. Doesn't matter what stadium they are in.