Brainlessly bash former Jet employee, Brian Schottenheimer

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ThunderbirdJet, Sep 14, 2010.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Sanchez audibled on the last pass to Braylon....Schotty and Rex were in synch and called the failed bomb earlier.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Even if Schotty called it, Sanchez blew the throw. If he hits that, it's game over

3. 624

624 Banned

I would have liked the call if Sanchez hadn't been off the whole game.

Sanchez wasn't feeling it, so the call was extremely low percentage in a situation that warranted a high percentage call.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

People complain that Schotty holds Sanchez back, and they complain they give him too many oppurtunities (3rd and 5). Can't win.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That's was the basis of my rant in the room I was in.

He wasn't in rhythm, so why go for the deep ball? Just give him the easy throw and end the goddamn game.

But I guess it wouldn't be a Jet win without a little drama?

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I will say this though:

It was a great idea to return to the run game when Schotty and Co. realized that Sanchez was in a funk today and he allowed the run attack to set the tone for the 2nd half and it won the game.

That's the kind of OCing I want from Schotty.

But once again, the Jets have a small lead and the clock management goes to complete shit. I really want to hear Schotty's PC to know exactly who called it. I'm going to go with Rex/Schotty. It could have been Sanchez himself.

Someone has to cut the shit and make sure they use their last timeout so when Peyton gets the ball back he is slightly less comfortable.

7. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

With the way Sanchez is overthrowing guys, I really hope it becomes part of the plan to force the ball to Edwards. There's no stopping this guy when he's taller and can jump higher than many cb's. He's a huge security blanket for Sanchez. If McCourty isn't covering Braylon, Braylon should be the first look.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How come every time ourO struggles it is b/c of the OC? Was he the one missing all those open WRs? Sanchez was the problem most of last night and while I didn't love the 3rd and 5 bomb it was OPEN and a good throw ends that game. We complain about being conservative, we took a shot to END the game but our QB missed it.

Thankfully we won the game but had we lost it would have been on mark and Cromartie not our OC.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'm hoping he parlays his good game yesterday into a job elsewhere next year.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Near the end of the first half they were talking about how many shifts and movement the WRs were making to try and confuse the young Colts LBs... that moment I knew I wanted to KILL Schotty and his fucked up pre-snap movements...

In the second half we didn't dance around much and played much more consistently imo...

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Are we actually unhappy with the playcall on that bomb?

Do people even realize how football works?

When Braylon see's the all out blitz he knows that he has single coverage so it doesn't matter what his route was when they broke the huddle he is going over the top. Sanchez knows this and also knows he needs to get rid of the ball so he puts his foot in the ground and lets it fly.

You guys know when a QB throws a ball to a spot and WR is in a totally different spot and the announcers say something about miscommunication? Yeah, that means someone fucked up reading the defense and didn't change their route correctly.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You do realize that it was 3rd & 5, right?

And Edwards didn't run to wrong spot. It was just slightly overthrown.

A simple 10 yard stop route, similar to one thrown right before the FG to end the game, would have been a better call.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Way to totally miss the point of my post.

We will never know what the play was supposed to look like because the Colts came with an all out blitz that meant Braylon was going deep no matter what his route was when the play was called in the huddle.

Sanchez and Edwards both read the blitz and knew that it was going over the top because that is what the read calls for.

Keller and whoever the back was had routes called for them in the huddle too but guess what? They had to read the blitz and stay in to block.

NFL plays are not as simple as Madden would lead you to believe.

#1773 ukilledkenny, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

It's a TOUGH throw. VERY tough...even for Brady or Manning.

15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

My apologies. I didn't realize you played in the league.

And to say that the read is to go deep is absolutely false. Maybe in other situations it's the correct read; not in this one. There are a multitude of routes that can be run against a blitz that will result in 6 or more yards.

Going deep should not have been an option at that point. Whether it was called by Schotty or instructed by Sanchez, It is the wrong route.

16. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Schotty called a great game last night Sanchez just sucked for the first half. This could of been a blowout had sanchez been on. As for the 3rd and five the streak route was moronic.

If its an all out blitz and they are playing tight yes you go over the top but the colt cbs were terrified. They were playing 10 yards off on 3rd n 5 lol hot route to a slant hook or skinny post. A straight up deep ball was just terrible. I was impressed how braylon still beat that guy deep but sachez was off all night no suprise it was an overthrow.

17. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I hated the playcalling in the first half - why was it necessary to come out passing so much against a team who's weakness is their run-D? Sure, Sanchez was off his game and there were some drops, but I still don't understand the logic of the gameplan in the first place.

The second half was great though - finally just pounded the ball at them on the ground and it worked perfectly. What took so long to figure that out?

Schotty still makes me scratch my head...

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

oh please, it was not that tough. He was open. Sanchez could literally hand the ball to the defense and it'd somehow be on Schotty. We all think we have the masterplan for this offense.

19. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

I just to wanted to follow up on my earlier "fire that MF post".

Listen all in all Shotty did call a good game. Yet it's the OC job to know just what his offense is able to do on any given day. It should have been very clear to Schotty that MS was off his game. His throws were high all night and slightly off as well.

One has to wonder just how bad the injury to Mark's shoulder REALLY is. This coaching staff should know for sure and if it's worst then they are letting on and Mark is limited. It sure appears he is limited and throwing differently in his motion, then it the OC job to adjust the game plan.

Which I thought they did by sticking to the running game and starting to throw underneath the defense. Nice short throws which Mark seems to be doing a better job with. So when we had third and five you would think that there had to be a higher percentage play to pick up that first down then that deep route that was called.

Now I agree, if Mark was on his game, it was the right call and Edwards did have his man beat but Mark had not connected on one of those long throws the whole game. So it really was a very low precentage call that did two things when it failed, it gave the ball back to Payton, which is deadly and it stopped the clock on the incompletion.

So this is why many of us feel that Schotty is too smart for his own good. Let's face it Cro, Mark and Folk bailed his ass out of the sling. If we lost that game, when we had it right in our hands and had the Colts on the ropes because we gave the ball back to Payton. Well, he would have been the goat and every Jets fans would have wanted his head on a pike. Even those who have been die heart supporters would have finally seen the light.

Schotty, stop trying to make it harder then it has to be, if you are doing something that the other team can't stop, keep doing it until they do. If you tried to do something over and over and it has not worked the whole game stop doing it!

20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Playcalling in general was full of suckitude last night.....

Little to no play action, no dink and dunk, Sanchez left holding ball too long.

I do disagree with everyone questioning the heave ho by Sanchez to Braylon.

Braylon owned that corner all night long, that play was there as often as they wanted it, and they showed great restraint NOT forcing the issue.