So it seems we can be effective playing coverage...blueprint for NE????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoBa18, Jan 9, 2011.

1. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

we need to keep brady off the field just like we kept peyton off the field last night. thats the key to the pats. long offensive drives. our D can and will step up for this. its the offense that controls our destiny

2. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Good post but, the real surprising runs on 3rd and 8 were the only ones that got us. Running on 3rd and 1 and passing on 3rd and 2 were both for losses. It will be a much different game because our defense is back.

3. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

Which of the 5 legitimate pass threats do you plan to cover ????

4. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

How many of those players play the same position genius that is why he said that

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We need to slow Brady. Play coverage, if he scores he scores. But make him make time consuming drives that hopefully end in a FG.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Eric Smith playing at linebacker and covering the back coming out of the backfield was huge against the Colts and I think we will need to see a lot of that against the Pats to stop Brady from killing us with the check downs.

7. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think the Jets defenders were very good last night preventing the YAC from hurting them. They tackled very well and prevented quite a few 1st downs as a result. If they can do that against the Patriots that's definitely going to slow down the Patriots offense.
    The Jets will likely give the Pats the long ball if only because it's the short and medium passes that are the Pats bread and butter.

The Patriots are definitely going to have to deal with that. I think they will need to use a variety of offensive sets that can hopefully keep the Jets guessing a bit. That and intermix the run to, again, keep the Jets D on their toes.

On defense I think the Pats will need to contain the running game while making sure the bootlegs and passes by Sanchez don't pay off. Thank god Brandon Spikes is back. I'll imagine that Chung at safety will get a lot of play as well. McCourtney on Edwards or Holmes? Don't know. Yes this will be a big challenge.

Yep this is going to be more like what we expected on Monday night then what happened, a dog fight. I don't think Jets fans should underestimate the Patriots ability to mix it up. They aren't quite the finesse team youj think they are.

#27 PatsFan2003, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You listed off all the Pats skill guys and acted as if the Jets were going to need to cover all of them at once. Really dude? really?

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

No way. You have got to find a pass rush for brady and constantly. It is the only way to beat them.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think Mike Ditka might help Rex Ryan, he has been very high on the Jets. Obviously we will never know if he will or not but I have a funny feeling Ryan and Ditka may have a chat.

11. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

They don't get pressure though. There was none on manning. They could have played until June of 2021 and they wouldn't have gotten to Peyton.

12. gopats88

gopats88 Member

It was definitely a great game for you guys... but as a pats fan, I saw enough weaknesses to remain confident going into this matchup.

If Sanchez throws as many balls off target as he did last night, I expect our secondary to make him pay (although the colts were having success with their pass rush, which had something to do with it).

Whatever matchup we end up having with Cromartie can be exploited, as we did in week 13. Your other coverage guys (Pool, Lowery, Coleman...) will face a tougher challenge than last night. In general, our offense is a ton more balanced than the colts.

Our offense can do a better job on 3rd down than the colts. We trust the Lawfirm to get short yardage in those situations and in the endzone, and he has been fantastic this season (The Colts were noticeably afraid to hand the ball off early in the game). I wish I could say the same thing about our defense (we probably couldn't stop Jamarcus Russel on 3rd and 25).

Also, a great acting job by weatherford, and a lucky fumble recovery by Edwards certainly helped things go your way near the end of the game (I will admit right away, that argument is moot... I'm not saying the colts should have won, jets were JUST lucky, etc.)

I think that the keys for the jets will be exploiting our battered D-line with Shonne Green, and having those aforementioned guys step up on D (Cro, Pool, etc.).

An early lead also couldn't hurt for the jets... we haven't really been able (forced) to play from behind all year... but that doesn't really seem to be Jets thing.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cheatriots strike again

14. skeleton_frames

Yeah...and Sanchez has to be on. If he misses a couple of TDs like he did yesterday, we won't win.

I was pretty loaded during the game but I thought that they were blitzing less. Seemed to work. But I don't think it will against the Pats.

15. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

I definitely agree with trying to keep Brady off the field by pounding it and utilizing the short passing game, similar to the Pats to control the clock.

I actually think that coming out with the same looks we had last night to try and bring some blind side corner blitzes at Brady could be useful in possibly creating a huge TO and/or slowing down the little gay screens they love to throw.

Tha Pats D has some players on it, albeit young ones who can give up big plays. If Sanchez has time to throw he needs to try and take advantage of their over aggressiveness with some pump fakes in order to either get a flag (should be tough in Goodell territory) or just burn the dude for the HR.

I hope the spread is nice and big, Peter King and Tony Dungy go on about their school girl crushes on Jelly Belli and Brady Boy and Francesa talks about nothing but spring training all week to amplify our boys and fans seeing nothing but blood red come Sunday.

16. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Coleman is the only who i though played poorly again. Again this is getting repetitive but Cro wasn't 100% responsible for the Garcon TD. He was expecting safety help. But Pool had enough tackles and defends I wasnt too pissed.

And Weatherford thanks you for the compliment.

#36 MikeDevito, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The only thing he left out was pouting on the ground like your faggy QB.
    [​IMG]

How was it lucky? Please explain what is so lucky about a fumble being immediately recovered by the guy who dropped it?

18. 624

624 Banned

How many funny feelings do you get a week?

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Who cares about the Weatherford acting job? It worked out for the Colts but the Jets only took what 16 more seconds off the clock after that? If Holmes caught that pass right before the Jets could have bled more time off the clock, potentially closing out the game with a 14-13 victory.

Of course that storyline isn't as attention grabbing as 'da jets gaht luckee!!1'

20. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Seriously what happend to you? You were an objective poster a few years back .. Actually, I gave you too much credit on this. I will dumb it down for you since you want to go there with me ... Ready? The Patriots offense has more options available to them than the Colts .. The Colts at best had three options available to them ... capish .. :up: