xbox kinect

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 4, 2011.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You can even get a pretty decent workout from some of the kinect adventures games once you go to the higher levels. Mostly squats but if you play for awhile you will be sweating.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I got a little workout from the sports games, boxing and volley ball especially, the track and field was a bit of a workout too. This fighters uncaged is a real workout though.

3. ukilledkenny

I was talking about the game that comes with it with the rafting and stuff. Your mostly just jumping up and down and avoiding obstacles in most of them.

I did play that fighting game for a bit and you can definitely get a workout in with it.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

Yea I knew what you were talking about. That game seems like it's for kids. The rafting is cool for a little bit, but otherwise it seems a little too much for kids to me.

5. ukilledkenny

It's just repetitive. The only thing that changes is how hard the same 5 mini games get. I like the rafting and the game where you're on tracks and they throw up obstacles for you to jump over or move around.

I gotta get that fighting game though, I was switching off with two friends on it and was getting a bit winded. I'm sure doing multiple fights in a row gets the blood pumping pretty good.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I like the punch ball game but I hate the plugging the holes game. That just pisses me off. I want to get the fighter game but I have to wait till the wife starts bringing home some dinero. I like the kinect so far because my 3 year old can participate.

7. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I heard the fighting game is just terrible.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

If you aren't patient enough to learn how to play it, it probably sucks. You have to learn how to do all the different types of blocks and attacks. It's pretty in depth.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I love MMA and I love UFC 2009/2010 so therefore you think I'd like this game?

10. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't know anything about those games.

11. ukilledkenny

It's not as in depth as those games and there is no ground game but if you like those you should have the patience to learn to do more than just flail around in front of the game and then declare that it sucks because it doesn't mimic you.

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

I really want to get this but I'm not sure because for some reason my 360's USB ports don't read XBOX products. My wireless mic and controllers won't charge through there, yet my Rock Band shit works fine. I don't get it.

13. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

So rather than start my own thread, let me ask a couple of questions about xbox 360 here.

My son is probably going to be getting one of these soon, but I am trying to understand the configurations. Is upgrading from 4GB to 250GB necessary? I don't see him using it for storage of movies, tv shows, etc. He is pretty much going to just use it for games. Also, is it really worth the extra $100 to get the kinect bundle? He has a Wii, so I'm not really sure he needs the kinect.

Since he is probably going to buy it with his own money, I just want to be sure he spends it wisely and doesn't pay for stuff he doesn't need.

Any advice is appreciated. Also, we are thinking about getting him a gamefly subscription for the holidays. Anyone use it? If so, what do you think?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

14. ukilledkenny

If he is just using it for games he doesnt need a big hard drive.

The kinect depends on what he likes to play. If he likes more casual games the kinect can be really fun. If he is gonna play shooters, sports games, RPGs, etc, he won't need the kinect.

I used gamefly for awhile it was a pretty good service. They seemed slower than Netflix and sometimes it was difficult to get a popular game when it first released. I still would recommend it overall.

15. 624

624 Banned

16. 316ROW13Seat20

316ROW13Seat20 New Member

kinect sucks...but is a nice dust catcher