Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I believe the Jets will be better prepared for the Patriots offensive attack. The Jets won't have to deal with losing their defensive signal caller 2 days before gametime this time around.

I expect a methodical approach.

2. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Seattle Saints game has nothing to do with the results here. No idea why you comparing the two for they did not have the history of Jets and Pats. The only thing we have here is the MNF game and the changes Jets make in their game to make changes to win. First game of the season was 22 new players who now have been Taught by Bill to Compete and win. In addition we have until yesterday a Jets team not playing too well and the Pats winning many games in a row.

3. RUSH

RUSH Member

ignore that clown, I think we all know that games in December hold more weight than games in september when talking about the post season. The Patriots have changed drastically since then and yes they are beatable but everything has improved.

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Stating the obvious here but the key for us will be how we defend the middle of the field and how well our LB's do in coverage on the TE's and that fuckin midget Woodhead out of the backfield.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Hey buddy: http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2025005#post2025005

6. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

7. RUSH

RUSH Member

8. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I think Eric Smith looked pretty good yesterday too, hopefully he can make an impact in this game (opposite of the negative impact he had during the last meeting).....

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Post this again on Sunday after the Pats lose. Oh, that's right, you'll never come back to this board again when that happens. :pats_suck:

10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

there was one calling this morning that said the JETS got lucky in yesterdays game. :mad: I turned that shit off after that.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think Rex already figured out the key to stopping the Patriots offense. Put Eric Smith in for Bart Scott. He did that last night ALOT and it worked very good. I think having Eric Smith in their will stop the TE threat a lot.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Patriots aren't going to beat themselves, and they certainly aren't going to give any gift timeouts to the Jets. If the Jets can play a near perfect game and control the clock, they can beat the Pats. But they never seem to play near perfect, while the Patriots pretty much have been doing so for weeks. So it would be a pretty big upset to me, but it isn't going to be anywhere as lopsided as the last time.

13. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The Pats have a couple of fundamental things they try to do every game:

1) Minimize penalties

2) Minimize turnovers

3) Never give up big plays on defense, rule #1 in their defense is to never let a receiver get behind the secondary.

4) Between the 20's they will let you slowly move the ball down the field. It requires patience and 10+ play drives. Teams rarely have the patience for these drives if Brady gives them a 3 touchdown lead. This forces qb's to force the ball which explains the large amount of turnovers by their defense.

5) If you have patience the Pats will let you move the ball down the field over and over. But once your in the red zone they will do everything in their power to prevent touchdowns. They will basically give you field goals. They are begging their opponents to move the ball slowly and kick field goals. They believe that on average most teams cannot sustain long drives due to a turnover, penalty or lack of patience and the ball being forced.

That's the Pats gameplan, they will expect that Brady can put up 30 points and that will put so much pressure on the opposing team that they will eventually make mental mistakes, force plays and beat themselves.

In the last game the Jets essentially beat themselves in the first quarter. They played right into the Pats general strategy. The blown challenge, the missed 50+ field goal, the Eric Smith PI and the two shanked punts and the game was essentially over.

You can't give the Pats anything. The same way that the Jets made Manning work for every yard last night, they have to do the same thing against the Pats. No turnovers, no penalty ending drives, no special teams implosions, no dumb challenges.

Then they have to find a defensive game plan similar to yesterday that forces the Pats to make long drives over and over. They have to minimize the yac and hit them every time they catch the ball. When they get in the red zone they need to make sure Gronkowski never gets a clear release.

The Pats are beatable but you have to play a clean game.

14. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Brain injury?? :grin: Wishful thinking? It's a good question but I actually think he's ok.

The Pats could definitely use him Sunday and the mismatches he presents.

15. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Woodhead was back at practice this week. I'd be more worried if Hernandez is going to play since he wasn't practicing.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I actually believe this too. Smith really made an impact on the game last night and I think he'll have a significant impact, if he plays the same way, on Brady and his short passes over the middle!

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

This post should get framed, I know we were spanked the last time we played them but we played right into their hands and your post does an excellent job of highlighting all the reasons why.

Nice Job!!

18. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

A concussion is a brain injury, Ask your doctor.

I googled, looks like he's wearing a red jersey so nobody can hit him at practice, and he hasn't been cleared to play in the game yet.

And I thought he was white and scrappy.

#278 James Calvin, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  19. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

FWIW, I have a source in the Jets organization and he says Sanchez's shoulder is f-ed up. Labrum tear and possible cuff tear.

20. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Go to the gun shop, buy a pistol, aim it at your head, pull the trigger.

Wait, why I'm going through this?

No way you could figure it out....