Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I'm serious. Revis kicked the Indy receivers off their butts all day. But Gronkoski can do the same to the smaller CB's off the line.

2. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Too funny lad, who the heck do you think the comp used to put on Ben Coates (when he was a Pat)? Corners lad. Please.

3. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

We LT came to play yesterday and was vocal prior to the game with his teammates. Smith came back but his groin pull gets worse a few days later.
    Leonard back will help but I see two tight end sets with Danny Woodhead and some running on ourselves.

Quick scores against the Pats have been huge since the locker room lost Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Vabrel and even to the days of McGinist. So not so many leaders when they get down, noting last years Ravens game when the team had no spirit when Welker went down and a score off of scrimmage. Tom's been more into the games of late but Tom is capable of
    comebacks of 17 points or so I would say and like you said run if you can because Mark although doing great for a sophmore missed several gimmies during the game. What was good is that Mark had no interceptions.

I don't see the score being the same however no smart man starts knocking Brady and BB as Rex did last week. I love it but talk about throwing gas on the fire. Sure the Pats would be pumped but if you ever played sports there is always more room for fuel.

I love Rex going off. The Red Sox/ Yankees now has the Pats/Jets for great fun too. I'm picking the Pats 28-10, 35-17 if turnover. I am concerned about our patch D line but Moore and Love look pretty good. My concern is having so many new rookies and layers 22 that someone may fumble, etc so I see that being a potential concern along with nervous drops by Pat rookies but only game time will tell.

4. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Going back to make points only. Giants were ALL over the Pat offensive line and knocking Brady down that with receivers dropping many balls and then Brady all flustered missing his receivers when they were open and he had time but just too pissed and rattled. Pats had alot of dropped balls thrown right on the money. Huge difference now, and Asante Samuel had a ball thrown right in his hands that he dropped and then laughed to Meriweather and the drop cost the team the SB. So glad they let him go. Outside of his early years I felt AS fave up too many plays going for the steal and was like Randy Moss that he played when he felt like it. Had a good year this year but I watch every play and game tapes a few times.

So who you picking, your observations on both sides for this coming weekend?

5. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Hey, Rex talks BS all day win or lose the same and if someone kicks his teams butt he will come back and sling the crap. I love it but read the press SI, FOX, ESPN, Football Weekly, CBS, etc.

I love it for it makes for fun. Funny his wife on the footpixies site. I agree that's his business but makes for fun. Rex or Mangini? Please, we love Rex slinging his Idiot film remakes, keep them coming :0)

6. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

How do you see the game going down? Who is covering who? Running, Pats weaknesses as you see them, Jet concerns or your game plan for success
    What will be done different from Monday Night game 2, etc.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Seeing as we lost MNF, quite a bit, don't you think?
    Alot of you Pats fans seem to dismiss the week 2 game like it never happened.
    The Jets won 28 - 14, just to remind you. So we are 1 - 1 against a div rival. Everything else thats gone on before is moot.

[​IMG]

#247 gustoonarmy, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

God these fucking pats fans do my proverbials in. This game will be tight and I can see the vegas line moving from -9 as that is too big for me.

MNF was a complete aberration and the pats fans forget that they have been run close by the packers wit Flynn and Colts with no rbs. If we can manage the clock, press the wr/te and kill frodo then we stand a chance.

We are not some lucky team that fluked a performance we have 2 yrs now of consistent winning play and stand a good chance against a HOF GAY qb.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

but you get soooo angry when people don't worship your heroes.

10. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

IDK if I'm going to be able to listen to sports radio this week. You thought the Manning cock sucking was bad this week? Ugh, turn on 1050 this morning and constant Brady cock sucking. How great the Pats are, how great the Pats offense is. How great Brady is, how great the Pats defense has become this year. That the Jets have no chance. Good God.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Our running game is going to be key against the Pats. Keep them off the field and don't make Sanchez go throw-happy. We don't need to put the game on his bruised shoulder.

New England delenda est.

12. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

well the colts were a manning pick away from beating them i would say significantly more talented is a bit of a stretch

13. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

The matchup of the Jets O-line and the Patriots depleted D-line worries me. That 10 minute drive was something else last night. If the Jets do get a lead, then that's something that's a big concern. But, the Patriots do get Brandon Spikes back this week so I think he can make a difference in the run defense.

On offense, the Patriots have the scheme that gives the Jets fits. They spread the defense out, make the LBs cover, and leaves the middle open. Yes, Eric Smith and the safeties should play better than the 45-3 game but the fact is that those guys still don't cover well. If Hernandez is healthy it will allow Gronk to have more room in the middle. Neither does Bart Scott. The pass rush is not as effective this year which means they will have to blitz in order to get pressure on Brady.

It's the playoffs, so in my mind the regular season results don't have much merit especially if you see what Seattle did. But, Brady/Belichick off a bye are 13-1 together. Yes, we all know where that 1 came from but this is a much different Patriots team than that one. This will be a dogfight no matter what the line is or what the media says. Rex seems to do better when he's the underdog and getting "no respect". Good luck to the Jet fans in here who are really passionate about your team. Hopefully, you don't pay much attention to the stupid troll Patriot "fans" in here this week. They are not indicative of what we are.

14. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

At least when they are cock sucking Brady, they won't talk with their mouth full.

#254 James Calvin, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I know Mark had a bad game throwing the ball against the Colts, but he did find Edwards/Holmes/Keller when it counted.

With that said, Cotchery too needs to be involved against NE. The Pats have weapons on their offense, as do we, but we need to get everyone involved. If my memory stands corrected, Cotchery wasn't a target against the Colts, other than his involvement on punt returns. That needs to change.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Holy Shit! And I thought Dolphins fans were brain dead. I like the 2 "regular" Patriots posters on this site (can't think of their names but I know their avatars), but the fuckers who came here last night are clearly the result of inbreeding. Just...wow.

Anyway, fuck that Pats. The Jets are going to shock the world Sunday. I cannot fucking wait!

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I really want to see Joe McKnight catch a couple out of the backfield against New England. Just as a little FUCK YOU to Peter King and all of the "Do you think the Jets regret cutting Woodhead?" ass-fucerks.

New England delenda est.

18. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Speaking of Woodhead, I was wondering if he's recovered from his brain injury from the last NE game where he was hammered and fumbled?

I think that was the same day McKnight ran for 160 yards.

19. Braungeo123

Braungeo123 New Member

I am not posting to troll although some of you may decide that I am regardless. Congrats on the win last night. I was watching with my girlfriend's father who is a diehard Jets fan. I was really conflicted about who I wanted to win and just wanted to see a good game, which it definitely turned out to be.

That being said, I think its going to be a tighter game in round three, especially given that Ryan will have had the time to gameplan against the Patriots' spread offense and short, precise routes. I definitely think Revis will basically take out whoever they put him on (Welker or Branch) but I am not sure Cromartie can. Cro has fits against shifty receivers who aren't straight line, downfield runners. I think for the Patriots it comes down to the TEs and being able to run the ball. if the law firm and woody can run effectively, I think that will get the TEs involved and allow Brady to be effective on the playaction.

That's my take as a Patriots fan, I am not going to try to analyze the Jets team as I have only seen them in bits. I am really hoping for a good game but hoping for a Patriots win since I live in NYC and don't want to have to deal with a Pats loss. ;)

Good luck, hopefully we can get some good discussion going.

20. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

How about the other poorly played games at the end of the season? Last I knew Pats beat the Packers and were on top about the whole game. What has bearing is the Monday Night Football game. You're not going to be able to run unless Mark can make the throws. Pats do have a new D line but you'll need alot more than that to win. So what is the difference that Jets will win this time around? Have you bet cash on your Jets? What made the last game an aberation, it was clearly one sided the entire game. Curious about this aberation.