So it seems we can be effective playing coverage...blueprint for NE????

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MoBa18, Jan 9, 2011.

1. MoBa18

MoBa18 Member

We have seen that we could slow down Manning without blitzing him as often as we usually do.

So is this the blueprint for our defensive approach against Brady as well...? Making him earn every yard - not give up the big paasing plays and trust in our secondary players uch as Pool, Smith, Cromartie, Lowery etc. (who played fantastic today - especially Pool and Smith) to hold their own??

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The problem is Cromartie doesn't match up favorably against any of the NE WRs. The only route he seems to be able to reliably defend is a bomb down the sidelines and with Moss gone we're not going to be seeing any of those.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The most effective coverage blueprint against the Pats is for the Jets offense to have a couple of 17 play 10 minute drives.

4. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Did you miss the last game against the Patriots? Brady raped the Jets whenever they played off. Pressure is the way to go.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Maybe Brandon Tate...........

6. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

We have all the talent to slow down their offense. It's a matter of making the right calls pre-snap and reacting well during the actual play. Our safeties have had time to learn Leonard's duties over the last few weeks. They won't be scrambling to learn them a few days before the game like what happened before the last time we played the Patriots. We definitely won't look as clueless as we did last time. Patriots will still score 21-31. The offense needs to step up.

7. MoBa18

MoBa18 Member

Well didn't he do that regardless of when we blitzed or dropped into coverage?

8. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

No, they were much more successful when they got pressure on him. He skewered the 3 man rushes. Just compare the Jets week 2 victory against them to their most recent loss.

9. Pad Chennington

Pad Chennington New Member

i hope rex talks to two people this week

1. rob ryan...he beat them

2. mike mccarthy...the pack had the pats beat with flynn at qb. they slowed down ne's offense big time

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I'm not even sure hes that reliable even on bombs, he lets the WR get past him too easily and seems to struggle to make up the lost ground often stumbling forwards.

Yes he did, your right.
    Our pass rush isn't good enough and our secondary isn't good enough, so a balance is going to have to be found, or we are in for a long night again.

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Not sure McCarthy would have time to chat! That said, Ryan needs to be looking at the tape from that game.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'll agree with this. I also don't think it's a good idea for Sanchez to have more attempts than Brady like this week where he threw more than Manning. Shonn Greene and LT are on this team for a reason, let's make sure they hurt some defenders.

New England delenda est.

13. JetsFan...NOT!

Well, first off, congrats on your win last night, very interesting game to say the least, but for the OP, if you do NOT put pressure on Brady, he will tear you apart. right now the Patriots have so many options for the intermediate passing game, Brady doesn't take all that many shots down field, but can rip a defense with time to throw. I know there is going to be tremdous hype this week, lots of talk I'm expecting from your coach, but, hey, if it works and motivates, more power. I'm sure the NFL and the network is drooling over this match up, this is the Rubber match!
    See you Sunday!

14. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

As I watched the game .. The Colts had three options available to them .. Tame, White, and from time to time Garcon ... Brady will have a little bit more options available to him .. Gonk, Hernandez, Crump, Woodhead, Branch, and Welker .. between Welker and Branch, whoever Revis is on I would say is neutralized .. .Hell of a matchup .. Oh yeah the Law Firm too .. He can run it up in there for positive yards ..

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Oh cool, so the Pats are going to play with 13 guys on offense. That doesn't really seem fair, but whatever.

16. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

Keep running the ball. Control the ball. Eat up the clock. And SCORE! Keep Brady off the field as much as possible. We won't stop their offense, so keep their D on the field and don't turn the ball over.

17. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Its should go something like... Dont Blitz on every single down, Ground and pound/Dont send our young QB in there for a shoot out with Brady

18. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Not sayin we will win but things should be alot differant from last time we played them

19. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I also think the Jets secondary will be better then it was in week 13 but I think Brady has better options at receiver then the Colts did. And their running game is better. The Patriots love to mix in the run with their passing attack, so I wonder if those 8 man secondaries we saw against the Colts last night will be as effective.

Defensively the Patriots know the Jets will try to recreate the power running attack from the 2nd half so that will help them. The Patriots are hurt at Dline but they are still better then the Colts in the running game, particularly if prepared.

I don't see any 45-3 blowouts here, it's will probably be closer to the dogfight people expected the 1st time but I think the Patriots will win.

20. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

really dude? really? Seriously ..