Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Pats lost to the Giants in 07 but if the obvious strangle hold around Seymours neck is called the Pats win the 07 Super Bowl. Go watch the play, we are talking two refs watching and no call. Strangle hold. Seymour had Manning in his hands and then had a ful arm stranglehold on his neck which is why Manning got free to make the immaculate pass.

Brady on the two losses was directly after his injury last year and this year the team has 22 new rookies/players that are not the same players they were the first few weeks. Not an excuse for losing in the second half of this years first game but those stats really mean nothing.

06 Pats all have the flu but if Thomas is called down on the Colts 7 Pats have another 3 to 7 points and send Indy packing. So glad the game yesterday was called Fairly. NFL was dying to have Manning win a SB. Jets definitely wanted the game yesterday more than the Colts.

Pats worst defense? Last 6 games the Pats are in the top 5.

#221 patswinagain, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  2. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I picked Seattle. They played hard and may do well next game too.

3. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Nice avatar. Seattle didn't kick and dominate the Saints a month prior did they? Saints may have pulled out some wins lately but they never looked that good at any point this year. I picked Seattle to win.

Who is going to win Game 3 this year and why?

4. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I love Rex trash talking. Adds alot of fun and gives fans something to enjoy.

Who are you picking to win for game 3 and who is covering Gronkowski? I would think Revis has to cover him for noone else has the size and strength to do so from what I've seen. What changes do the Jets make on game 3?

Good win yesterday.

5. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Noone has stopped him yet...no? If he catches the ball look at his stats.
    so you and me on Sunday, let's see between the two of us how it goes.

I think you need Revis on him. Tell me what the Jets do to turn around
    the results of our last game? On man to man who covers who?

And being honest, make your pick.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are you really that fucking stupid to go back in time and play the what if game? All the fucking gifts your team received over the years and you have the fucking balls to whine about plays that happened 3-4 years ago. You sir are a total bundle of sticks.

BTW the Giants physically outplayed your team in 07'. They deserved that game you halfwit.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

im still not sure how Rex is going to play matchups...They might have to make alot of things situational...They cant blitz every 3rd down and long either

8. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Now that I'm all done celebrating, I'm looking for someone to answer this question:

The Jets start the game by deferring to the 2nd half. Patriots score a touchdown. The Jets score a field goal by using the running game, which will work against the Pats, to drive down the field. The Patriots eventually score another touchdown. 14-3, and it's the middle of the second quarter. We now have to pass much more than we run so that we can score and save time. With how bad Sanchez has played in Foxboro, and how bad he played against Indy, how will he overcome the trap that awaits him in Foxboro?

And please save me the Sanchez has a lot wins or the Sanchez makes plays when they count arguments. Wins can't be used as a stat to measure how good a QB is, and making a play in the 1st quarter is just as important as making a play in the 4th quarter with 1 minute remaining.

Our running game can be a huge advantage against the Pats, but we won't be able to use it if we're trailing. This is gonna be a tough tough game.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are all games played in a vacuum? Are all plays made in a vacuum? are all posts made in a vacuum?

Are you freaking kidding? Making a play with the game on the line in the 4th quarter is in no way shape or form the same as making a play in the 1st quarter.

10. SettlerDawg

You make a good point, but remember that Leonard got injured for us a few days before the game. Leonard was the one responsible for coordinating coverage schemes in the secondary. Since Eric Smith only had a few days to take over, the secondary didn't play and react the way they did under Leonard. Look at what happend to the Saints yesterday. The Saints have a talented defense, but they gameplanned horribly against Seattle, and a lot of that had to do with how their safeties coordinated the coverage schemes. The Saints were out of place all game long.

Eric Smith has had time to understand his responsibilities, and our secondary should be able to react much better to the Patriot's offense. So we should be able to force a punt a few times.

On offense, our running game was potent when we last played, but since we were down by a lot we abandoned it.

The only way we beat the Patriots is by scoring first, and using the run game to keep Brady off the field. That means Sanchez is going to have to complete some 3rd down throws right off the bat. If Sanchez plays well from the start, we have a chance.

11. SettlerDawg

It still doesn't excuse Sanchez from playing horribly in the first 3 quarters of the game. My point is, if Sanchez played well in the 1st half, we're up by 2 touchdowns and don't have to come back with 1 minute left to win the game.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This is much better analysis. If the Jets can engineer some drives like they did in the second half tonight, they will have a shot to win the game. They did that the first game this year.

The 45-3 game, the Jets were so putrid in every phase of the game it is difficult to pick one area and say," this is how they lost". Rex Ryan is going to have a difficult time breaking down that mess.

Incidentally, Rex did to Peyton tonight, what he did to Brady earlier this season. He hardly blitzed, it was weird watching a Rex Ryan defense that was in seemingly total control of itself versus the chaotic system he favors.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Doesn't matter, he came out in the second half and manned up. ......I am going to quote another poster because it sums up my thoughts perfectly:

14. al toon 88

al toon 88 New Member

TIME FOR REVENGE.

We can't play worse than dec. 5 so c'mon guys....destroy the pats.

15. GreenerPastures

Dreaded Pats fan here ( 30+ years ). Good Game Jets. Hard fought, clean game. Rex looked like a kid in the candy shop after the game.

Looking forward to our re match at Gillette. Here's to a good clean, injury free dogfight.

It's anyone's game. As we clearly saw in the Seattle-Saints game. Let's hope we both bring or A game.

16. SettlerDawg

What's to say that another quarterback can't make those calls and passes at the end of the game? Look, I'm happy Sanchez played well at the end, but his play hurt our offense today, where we needed a comeback to win the game. Braylon and Santonio were getting wide open today. And if you're off a bit with Braylon, he can adjust very well being that he's 6'3" and can jump out of the stadium.

If Sanchez played well for 58 minutes, we wouldn't have needed last second heroics. Pennington would of killed to have the supporting cast that Sanchez has (and to never have gotten injured).

I'm rooting for Sanchez, but I can't believe how high people are on him right now. I know we just won a playoff game, but Sanchez played poorly. There's a huge letdown coming up if he doesn't play better.

17. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

You're an embarrassment to our fan base. Go home, kid. Jets will have Revis shadow welker, Cro on Branch. Despite the score of the Monday Night game I don't think they can change up their coverages, you can't waste your best corners on tightends. *IF* the Jets don't execute better than they did tonight, and in December they lose, simple as that.

However, if the Jets showup and play mistake free football it can be a very interesting game. Sanchez might be the deciding factor, yes he is 2-2, 2 of his best career games are in NY, and 2 of his worst games ever are in Foxboro.

Pats offense and defense alike have been very much in sync for the past 2 months, nobody has stopped them yet, not even the Jets. I predict the Pats win but it will NOT be a blow out like last time, no matter how badly we (pats fans) want it. Goodluck to the Jets fans, may the best team win. Gonna be fun!

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You sound as if he was total shit for 58 minutes. He wasn't good in the 1st half. He was 9 for 12 in the second. The Jets ripped off 2 drives of 10 or more plays. What do you want Sanchez to do, lead drives when the other team has the ball?

I am going to say here and now, there are very few QB's that consistently play their best in the biggest games and more importantly in spots that are the most important. It is simple point of fact, when games get big and plays get magnified, most QB's get small. That is why there are very few QB's that are consistent winners. Crap you can name on one hand, QBs that get mentioned as consistent playoff winners.

Obviously, Sanchez , a sophomore QB, is not to be confused with an all time great multiple SB winner. How many Sophomore QB's are world beaters? You think Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan was all world in his 2nd season? How about Flacco? Shit, you think Roethlisberger, a Qb mentioned as a consistent playoff winner, was winning games on his own in his 2nd year?

Nope, I am sure there were some unhappy Steelers fan saying they won in spite of him. If he made plays in the 1st quarter the game wouldn't have been close....yada,yada,yada

I am sorry but I agree to disagree. I am not beating my head against the wall with a Same old Jets fan. Sanchez played well enough to win, when the chips were on the table. As much as you want to say this game could have been a blowout and such if Sanchez played well in the 1st half, Guess what? Colts fans are saying the same crap about their QB. I guess he sucks too.

#238 Miamipuck, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is clutch. No doubt about it.

I'd still like to see more scoring (by us) in the first half of games.

And while I'm wishing for shit....I'd love to see Cromartie jam rcvr's off the line.

20. Twombles

Twombles Active Member