Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

If that was true, which it might be as I don't visit those forums often than you can't say that were low class when you are as well. To pull that card is being more low class. If we both do it, then don't play the card...

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Actually the Pats gave up only 50 points in the last 5 games, and 27 were in one game to the Packers.

2nd half of the year the Pats defense was at aleast as good or better than the Jets.

I think the jets need to give cromartie help over the top. If he isn't holding the receiver he' getting burned. Revis can handle his guy, but the Jets are gonna have a tough time stopping the Pats O again I believe.

3. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

The pressure was going to be on the Patriots regardless. The Jets running game looked very in the second half and the defense was pretty good most of the night.

I am very glad that the Saints lost to the Seahawks though. If any team needed to be reminded not to take any opponent too lightly it would be the Patriots.

4. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I think anyone would be lying if they said they weren't nervous going into this game, but if this is the Jets' year to win the Super Bowl, then I wouldn't have it any other way than having to beat the Pats to get there.

5. dougj13

dougj13 New Member

Why are you on our forum then if you rarely visit your own team's forum?

6. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Because it's more enjoyable on here. I like hearing both sides of the story.

7. 624

624 Banned

Game is at 4:30pm next Sunday

8. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Last time i was debating who revis should cover and how our offense could match the patriot offense. This game i'll admit i have no idea who revis should cover or any answers on how to defend that offense. Basically I have no logical thoughts as to how we can win this game but I just have this feeling in my gut that we are going to pull this out. The way new England ran up the score last time i just have a feeling the jets will never forget that and I don't know maybe that's enough.

9. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Nice generalization. Glad you could jump on the jets wagon 18 weeks into the season to share this.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am super pumped!!!!!!!!!!

11. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

"The pressure has been on the Jets all year, but with lose and you are eliminated the pressure is intensified.

The one thing about a Belichick run team, the pressure rarely gets to them. They rarely put unneeded pressure on the themselves.

I think the pressure is on both teams. But where it should solely be on the Pats, Ryan makes sure the pressure is on his team. I mean he has to deal with a pissed off Brady now because Ryan took a shot at him last week. Brady is going to make sure he is extra prepared this week to show Ryan exactly how much he prepares for the game. Right there is more pressure on his defense that they don't need. Ryan wants the bullseye on his and his team back and that puts pressure on them to win."

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I hope Rex doesn't add to the hype. I'd like a quiet week and a loud game.

13. dougj13

dougj13 New Member

I'll show you 21 years of season ticket stubs if you would like. I don't think Pats fans leave the NE area however.

14. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Tomlinson: "Late in the 4th the Pats were talking and yapping. I said, 'You got us but we'll be back. We'll be back."

@shalisemyoung ...Pats know LT will be back. There's always an exercise bike on the Visitors sideline in Foxboro with his name on it.

@DariusButler28 Even more excited for this game on Sun now that I know who were playin!

Well, Pats-Jets. Hard to say NYJ's performance tonite scary. Pats are miles smarter. But be careful what you wish for.

This week will be amazing, folks.

15. NEtroll

NEtroll Banned

I think I can speak for most Jets fans and Pats fans, that we're not too fond of the sqeelers either, so there:wink::steelers:

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We can not come out slow like we've been though.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

tell that to the media...

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yup, shut the WR's right down... Welker 7 for 80, Branch 3 for 64. TE Hernandez also caught 3 for 51.

The Pats moved welker all over the field so Revis couldn't lock up on him. Cromartie had a tough time with Branch...

I expect the Jets O to play much better than the last time, but they are gonna have a hard time slowing down the Pats O.

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wasn't Darius Butler the guy that Braylon made his personal lap dog in week 2?

20. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's certainly no Jets fans like that on this board....