Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. patriotsforever

What are you talking about? How can these stats be skewed? The Jets gave up 304 points total, the Patriots 313. Divide each figure by 16 to get points per game. The Jets gave up 19 points a game, the Patriots 19.6. In four of their last five games, the Patriots gave up seven points or less. The Patriots' defense is opportunistic and improving, so it's completely incorrect to say that the Patriots have a bad defense. You better hope that Ryan does not make the same mistake you are making.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

First off, congrats on a nice win! I've been a big critic of Rex's game management so it's only fair to give hi some credit when due. Calling the timeout on 3rd down when the Colts had the ball set up the win. Nice call.

Obviously I like the Pats chances next week, but your boys should have some great momentum from tonight. Don't know the protocol for scheduling, but could it be another Saturday night game?

3. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

I agree, it's just that I don't agree with the Colts explosive offense statement. They aren't as explosive as they have been in the past years and aren't as explosive as the Patriots offense.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Which again, is why the pressure is all on the Patriots. The media will have your ass if you blow it. Next week is going to be fun.

5. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Toss up? Not exactly. No game is a toss-up in the playoffs. Don't be delusional. The Patriots have an edge. You'd be retarded to say that they didn't.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You're just scared shitless that your team will have to play the Pats!

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

This is what I've been waiting for. I didn't care about the Indy rematch, I knew we would win there, we've been waiting for it for 12 months.

That said, round 3 with the cheatriots is going to be amazing. Since we owe them a blow out, if everything goes right we win 24-0. Since everything probably won't go right, I think it's a 24-21 game

8. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

The Patriots will have a lot of pressure but the Jets will have some too. Keep in mind that the last time these teams played when the teams both had a lot of pressure the Patriots won 45-3. Brady is best under pressure. Sanchez isn't that bad, but I still haven't seen an important game other than the Steelers game where he led his team to victory under tremendous pressure. You have to accredit this win over Indy all to the running game. Sanchez played poorly and almost cost you guys the win.

#128 PatriotsFan, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. dougj13

dougj13 New Member

Massachusetts sports fans are the worst people i have ever met in my entire life. We know you have a good team, yet you love nothing more than hearing yourselves talk about how good you are by backing it up with past stats. Low class all around. NYC > BOSTON.

10. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

That is interesting and flawed logic. :up:

11. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

No pressure on the Jets whatsoever. Nobody expects them to win. The media will not let the Patriots forget a loss but they'll stop talking about a Jets loss by Monday afternoon .he Jets are playing with house money now.

12. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Our DB's can cover there wideouts, it was Woodheaad that burned us every time he touched the ball in the last game. The question is who is going to cover Woodhead coming out of the backfield?

13. patriotsforever

Would you rather people used made-up stats, or guesses as to future stats?

14. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Don't even get me started.....

95% of the posts on this dreadful forum by Jets fans have all been sexual, flaming, idiotic comments that are extremely low class. Hope thats a joke.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

eric smith?

16. ERR

ERR New Member

You do mean tight ends right? Gronkowski and Hernadez are much more of a problem than the Modells spokesman

17. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

No pressure? lol. You would be idiotic to say that. It's the playoffs, and all teams have pressure to win.

Rex Ryan will probably make a stupid comment that will put even more pressure on you guys.

The Patriots have a lot more pressure, but it's nothing Brady can't handle. The question is if Sanchez can handle it. Going into Foxboro is daunting, and lets face it, Sanchez did poorly last time he stepped foot in that stadium.

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Now go onto Patsfans and 98% of the posts on that pathetic forum by Pats fans have been spamming, uneducated assumptions, gutter talk, lame predictions by low IQ members, and erotic fantasies with Brady.

19. dougj13

dougj13 New Member

If i went on a rant about Mass right now I'd probably be banned from the internet for a year. Let's just wait and see how the game turns out, win or lose for each team. May the best team win.

20. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Jets need to find a way to take Gronkowski out of the passing game. I don't know how he winds up wide open in the end zone every week.