Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. patriotsforever

The abysmal Patriots defense gave up 313 points during the regular season. The dominating Jets defense gave up 304. That 9 points, about .5 points a game, is huge.

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

you are also shit talking...why dont you get the fuck out of here with lame as assumptions of how Manning isnt good under pressure and how Brady is god so they will win....please son.

Week 2 did not determine Week 12 and the regular season does not predict the playoffs.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Oh well ... might as well not even play the game then. Mail it in Jets. The Patriots had the best defense in fantasy football. I may as well not even watch the game then.

5. 624

624 Banned

So you only respect Jets fans who give their team no chance of winning?

I feel bad for people who can't handle a difference in opinion.

6. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

.Nevermind.

#106 PatriotsFan, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

did you just sign up to point out stats about how pats allowed 9 more points then the Jets?

let me tell you that those are skewed...Go look at POINTS PER GAME they played this year, the Jets had a couple of games with high scores thats it, pats were consistently letting the opponent score into the 20's and 30's...noob :up:

8. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

No, I have respect for a fan that isn't a complete retard who takes the Jets 51-3 and doesn't agree with the fact that next week's game will be extremely tough and gives the Patriots credit when due.

9. 624

624 Banned

Can you tell me of one poster here who took the Jets in a blowout?

I think every Jet fan understands it will be a tough game, but you can't blame us for being confident in our own team.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Give credit to the Jets and dont say stupid shit about how its going to take a miracle. If that were the case then the Seahawks would have lost today.

11. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Manning isn't that good under pressure. After all, he lost to your team lol. He only has 1 SB for a QB that will go down as one of the best ever. Sorry, Peyton is all about stats and Brady is the king under pressure.

12. jaybny

jaybny Banned

Scenario 4: On the opening possession of OT in the divisional round, the Jets drive to the Patriots' 35-yard line. Coach Rex Ryan fakes the field goal and pooch-kicks it to the 3-yard line. On the Patriots' first play from scrimmage, the Jets send every available body on a blitz. The A-gap gives way like it was Super Bowl XLII, and Tom Brady tucks the ball and makes a run for it but is brought down in the end zone, by his hair, for a Jets safety. Jets win.

13. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

14. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

Saints were overated and the Seahawks were underrated. If you actually read what I said, I said a miracle was an exaggeration.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Throw everything you've seen so far out the window as both teams are in the tournament. Both teams will come out on a relatively equal footing as Seattle proved today. NE has Brady and Bellichek. We have Sanchez and Ryan and a mission statement. That being to end the NE dominance in the AFCE. Seattle proved today that in the playoffs, there's no such thing as a "sure thing" so don't be so smug PatriotFan as anything can happen even in Foxboro..

16. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

[​IMG]

17. ERR

ERR New Member

The Jets can absolutely win this game. They just showed that they have enough defense to slow down an explosive offense.

That said, Sanchez looked...nervous tonight on a fair amount of throws. The offense was squared off against a mediocre defense and did not exactly respond.

If the Jets are to beat the Patriots they need to:

1. Own the ground game. With Wright going on IR this week Wilfork is the only Pats D-lineman the Jets need to worry about. The Pats secondary is getting better and better and they have some good linebackers. The chance to exploit them is up front.

2. Win the turn-over battle. This is going to be hard as Brady is very conservative with the ball as of last and Sanchez can look like a confused second year player sometimes. That said, I would focus on stripping the ball out of Woodhead and BJGE hands.

3. Get lucky. The NFL today is not always about the best talent. Sometimes a team can get a few lucky bounces (or induce a few) -- I would try an onsides kicks if I was Rex.

And for what it is worth (and I realize I may get banned for this) the stupid homophobia in this forum is demeaning to all of us. We can say someone sucks, or is a douchebag, without resorting to 8th grade taunts regarding sexuality.

18. PatriotsFan

PatriotsFan New Member

I'm not sure about anything. All I'm saying is the Patriots have a big edge. The Saints really didn't. They were overated and playing away against one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL. the Seahawks were underrated. This Patriots game is a whole different story.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. 624

624 Banned

^^ Cool picture, bro.

People always say that when teams from the same division play each other, you can toss stats and records out the window.

They also say that when the playoffs come around, you can toss stats and records out the window.

When both happen....you can definitely throw them out, this game is a toss up.