Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Hard to argue that.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You don't have to sell me on Montana, I know he's up there in the discussion for best ever but Brady is entering that discussion. Montana never threw an INT in a SB either but he had some clunker playoff games and Brady has a higher win % in postseason. I still have Montana ahead of him but if Brady keeps this up Joe may have some company soon.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

There is already a thread on that.

Jets-Pats is a heated rivalry, if anything the players enjoy the smack talk and get amped up so they can take him out next week.

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

You give Ryan shit for saying the goal is the SB, now you say that it's everyones goal, your contradicting yourself.

Just because he says that the goal is winning a superbowl is arrogant and over the line? Thats like someone saying "I like a paycheck when I work," and it being considered complaining. That makes no sense right? Neither is what you are saying. I suck with analogies so bare with me

The fact that you can't say you think you have a good football team that you believe can win any game without it being arrogant trash talk is making this as much of a pussies league as Goodell. Please what else has he said other than his confidence in his football team that upsets you and the rest of the NFL so much? Because I guess I missed it despite watching every game and almost every press conference.

And once again, I have heard every successful team in the league say that their goal is to win a SB, and they are no being arrogant. When Welker wrote "one game at a time" to counter Ryan on the ESPN bus was that arrogant trash talk? Because thats way more of a personal shot than Rex has made all season.

the comparison to the Chargers makes absolutely no sense, so I am not gonna comment on that more than this sentence.

As someone else also mentioned, what's with all these Pat fans thinking that are gonna struggle to be playoff contenders year in and year out. Tom Fucking Brady dude, as much as I hate him he will keep you guys competitive until he's gone/

5. JackBower

You are being far from real. Tom Brady is absolutely one of the greatest of all time. But Manning as a QB is ahead of anyone who has ever played the game.

You even say in your comment with the "system in place." Give Manning a ball and a receiver and he will succeed in a scheme I create.

6. nyjunc

Brady made that system in NE.

Either QB would be successful in any system, the difference is when the lights shine brightest Brady steps up and Manning steps back.

If you want to win fantasy championships Peyton is the pick
    If you want to win SUPER BOWL's then you go w/ Brady

7. JackBower

If you give Manning the teams Brady has had and the coach Brady has had, the the potential is unlimited. It would probably make football the most predictable game in sports.

I know Brady has the SBs and better playoff stats, but if you asking me who the best QB in the league is I'm saying Manning. You can say that's because I am a Jets fan, but I am looking at of objectively.

There is nobody in this league who is as important to this team as Manning. Without him, they wouldn't win 3 games a year. NE with the system they have in place has been successful without Brady.

8. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Oh I don't mind having Tom as our quarterback and LOVE Rex being outspoken here. Makes it alot of fun for all fans. Tough on the Jet players perhaps but bulletin board material is all good.

If you had Brady or Manning would you care? Both would kick anyones butt if you don't knock them around. Hope you beat those COLTS! The NFL surely must want a Pats/ Jets game with all of Mr Ryan's quotes.

9. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

And Brady isn't far behind in fantasy football either. In fact, since Belichick never rests Brady at the end of the season, he has probably won more FF titles for people than Manning.

Also, Brady has had more FF points than Manning in at least 2 of the last 5 seasons (and was injured all of 2008.)

10. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Manning has had the better supporting cast almost his whole career. It's Like Wilt Chamberlain versus Bill Russell. I personally met Johnny Unitas who many say was the best, but I think Manning, Montana and Brady are/were the best of the best as quarterbacks.

11. Woody39

Woody39 Banned

Brady's one of the greats with some years left to build on it. He may end up better than Montana as he's on his heals right now.

12. Patriot_Reign

Patriot_Reign Banned

Was listening to 98.5 the sports Hub here in boston a while ago and they had a pretty great point.
    Two years ago Favre was tossing interceptions and sexual texts all over the place while Mangini ran things from the sideline.
    Now recap the last two seasons with Rex and it's like a whole brave new world of hope for Jets and their fans.
    I have to admit, Rex is great for football and their fans. Gives us all tons to talk & argue about, whether or not his actions contribute to their success (or lack of) is highly debatable, but at least it's fun as hell.

13. nyjunc

Peyton has had BETTER talent around him his entire career and do yuorslef a favor and look up the record of Belichick w/ and w/o Tom Brady and let me know what you find.

Tony Dungy made a conf title game w/ Shaun king as his QB, he turned around the worst franchise in the NFL, BB was a complete FAILURE in Cleveland and was on his way to being a failure in NE until Brady rescued his HC career.

What other QB has won in that "system"? Brady IS the system!

14. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

If Richard Seymour wasn't strangled pats have 4 super bowl rings for manning never gets free to make the awesome toss and catch. Love Joe Montana but come on, Brady can hold his own to anyone who ever played.

I do think Brady when rattled doesn't come back in the same game as touch as Joe but all the rest is BS. If Brady is getting creamed it destroys his game. Example would be losing Welker last year and then a touchdown on the first play. Guys like Steve Grogan, Manning and Joe Montana would not give up. But otherwise Brady could hold anyone's jock strap but being as good or better, why would he>?

15. JackBower

Brady for years had a better running game then the Colts in Indy, hell they still do this year. His receiving core has been better, they match up with a pro bowl receiver each and both have very efficient tight ends... Now Brady has two of those. Lets not forget Welker, who Indy has no match for on O

NE defense for years has been better than the Colts, and that trend still continues.

NE has had better special teams throughout the years compared to Indy.

Absolutely in ever facet of the game, NE is better than the Colts talent wise.

Matt Cassell won 10 games when Brady went down remember. They didn't make the playoffs, but that's damn impressive for a 7th round draft pick with no playing time. Not to mention the division was a three team race that year.

And Dungy turned around the worst team in the NFL after they selected Manning.

#195 JackBower, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  16. nyjunc

He won TWO Suoer Bowls w/ ANTOWAIN SMITH as his top RB and Edgerrin james is better than ANY RB Brady has ever played with.

The NE defense haas given up MORE points in regulation in playoff games w/ Brady than the Colts D in playoff games w/ Manning.

Ok, they have better STs.

Indy has always had boatlaods more talent than NE especially on offense w/ the exception of 2007.

Matt cassell won 6 LESS games against a MUCH easier schedule than Brady faced the year before. I don't think people realize how HUGE of a difference 6 wins is. If we lost 6 less games this year than last year we would have had 3 wins, if we won 6 more than last year we would have had 15 wins. heck, give Buffalo 6 wins and they are a 10 win team!

I was speaking of the Bucs, Indy was already turned around when Dungy fot to Indy but Dungy turned around TB. he became TB coach in 1996, TB's last winning season was 1982(strike year where they were just 5-4), in 1997 he led them to the playoffs and in 1999 he led them to the title game and lost on a controversial call at the high flying Rams(who they held to 11 pts AT SL).

In 1997 Indy was 3-13 w/o Manning
    In 1998 Indy was 3-13 WITH Manning

In 2000 NE was 5-11 w/o Brady
    In 2001 they started 0-2 w/o Brady
    In 2001 they finished 11-3 WITH Brady and won the SB.

17. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Tom isn't the system all all. Why look at Matt Cassell. And to those comparing BB with and without Tom is rather foolish for you need to give anyone a chance to replace a has been quarterback. BB drafted Tom as DB replacement and kept Tom over all the other 4 QBs in camp that year.

BB had poor ownership with the browns and with them ready to move surely tanked his last season. Bill's the best coach in all the NFL so what's to ponder?

18. nyjunc

He didn't draft Brady to repalce Bledsoe, he drafted him to be a backup but struck gold w/ him. If he knew what he had he never would have given Bledose that huge deal after the 2000 season.

That same poor ownership in Cle just came off making 3 title games in 4 years and would win a Super Bowl shortly after moving to Baltimore.

BB would be a DC somewhere today if not for striking gold w/ Tom Brady.

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

In a head to head match up, I think Brady would give better head than Manning.

It would probably be pretty close though.

/nohomo

20. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

I know I love Rex being outspoken and makes for a great rivalry. I mean Red Sox and Yankees is great and Jet's / Patriots sure is getting more fun since Eric M took over and then Rex comes in and promises not to kiss the rings of BB.

We all love it! Hope you guys find a way to win so we meet again this year!