Rex takes shot at Brady while praising Manning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rinvesto, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm just being real man.

Most jets fan let their hate get in the way of objective assessment.

Very few QB have accomplished as much as Brady thus far into his career. And with the system they have in place I don't see Brady trailing off anytime soon. We are witnessing greatness with that man.

2. blantyr

blantyr Member

Not so much...

This wasn't much of an insult. Of course, it doesn't take much of an insult to get the Patriots worked up. After going in flat last year, I'm not much worried about the Patriots playing without emotion this year. Every little bit of bulletin board material helps, though.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

You can believe that all you want. w/o Weis and Belichick; Brady is out of the league for years at this point and the Pats don't have a single Championship.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yes, b/c Weis and BB have been great at developing QBs throughout their careers. The best thing they did for Brady was make him get into shape and take his job more seriously. Brady made BB as a HC, not the other way around.

5. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

lol at murrell, I bet he thinks that Sanchez is a better QB than Brady.

6. nyjunc

Nah, he's a good poster. One of our best here, he just struggles w/ evaluating QBs but he definitely would never say mark is better than Brady.

7. Murrell2878

Weis has put 2 QBs from Notre Dame into the pros, Cassel had his best year this year under him. The system they put together which McDaniels used and added to in Denver gave Kyle Orton his best year. That same system gave Testaverde his best season in his career.

BB and Weis made Brady. BB is the best and most prepared coach in the NFL over the last decade. The Patriots do not win a SB w/o Belichick

8. nyjunc

How have those QBs from ND done in the pros? They were both elite recruits, wasn't Claussen the #1 QB recruit out of HS?

Kyle orton was so good denver wants to get rid of him, he put up meaningless fantasy #s. he wasn't helping his team win and from his last year in Chi to his first year w/ McDaniels he put up almost identical #s.

Dan henning got the credit for Vinny 1998 and weis lost his playclling duties that year.

The patriots do not win a SB w/o Brady, Brady made BB & Weis as a HC and OC. W/o Brady Bill Belichick is a DC somewhere today.

9. NFL4ever

NFL4ever New Member

Well this Guru is 1-5 against Manning and the 1 win was because Peyton left the field..I don't want to hear Brady's name mentioned until Saturday night,focus on the Colts Rex !!!

10. Murrell2878

LOL

I have no problem evaluating QBs. I take everything into account however.

11. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think you have to give credit to both. Sure, Belichick is a football savant but Brady has more then contributed to the Patriots success. I don't think Belichick would have near the success he's had without Brady. If you had to choose I think the smart move would be to take Belichick but that would be a big hit even for him.

12. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Rex forgot to mention that Peyton out-talls Brady. But if Manning had a normal human forehead they would be exactly the same height.

[​IMG]

13. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

Let's face it

Let me start by saying if the Patriots don't win the SB I hope it's the Jets that do.
    The only people not able to face the fact that Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now is Rex and about a million Colts fans. And further more if Brady wins the SB this season (notice I said if because on any given Sunday.....)
    Everyone will have to admit he's as good a Montanna ever was.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think it all depends on what you value more when evaluating a QB. I value winning over any stat you want to throw out at me so I would go with Brady over Manning even though I think Manning may be the better prototypical QB. The ability to win a big game comes down to more than just being the most talented, there is something that runs much deeper and cannot be quantified in a "winner" and I think Brady has way more of whatever that is than Manning does.

15. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Every team in this league has confidence in themselves and every team's goal is to win the Super Bowl. If you don't think this, then you shouldn't be playing. In every locker room privately, things like this are said all the time. But, Rex comes out in a press conference setting and says things that probably should be kept in-house. The things he says publicly make the rest of the league think that the entire organization is arrogant and pompus.
    Remember, your team was 7-7 last year and if it wasn't for how the schedule fell and two teams did not play their hardest they wouldn't have made the playoffs. The arrogance is undeserved. Like it or not, it is perceived as shit talking. Things said about players or coaches like what he said about Brady don't need to be aired out for everyone to hear. It is very disrespectful to comment on other teams' ways that they prepare, study, etc. when you have no idea what goes on in other organizations. It is akin to a rival company criticizing your way of doing business publicly. It is stupid and unnecessary. Whether he said this about the Patriots is irrelevant. If he said this about any other team, I wouldn't like it either.

Rex doesn't say he simply has confidence in his team's abilities to go out and win football games. If he said that, then nobody would take issue with it. His stupid comments don't make a difference between winning and losing; we all know that. But everyone keeps the comments in the back of their mind and if they have a chance to stick it to Rex they will. I compare Rex's comments to the arrogance of the mid-00s Chargers. They continually had great regular season records, but choked in the playoffs. Then, when teams stuck it back in their face after beating them(doing the Lights Out dance on the field) they couldn't take it(looking at you, Tomlinson). Don't be surprised to see comments being made at the Jets' arrogance if they do lose.

As far as your point about if making the playoffs is good enough: this year I had no big expectations for the Patriots because they had such a young defense and was expecting them to struggle. For me, the results of the regular season was something I had no idea could ever happen. Now that they are in a position to make a big run, I'd be disappointed if they didn't get to the Super Bowl but that would not damper what they did this season. The team is relatively young and they have a ton of high draft choices that will only make the team better.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex is the best coach we've had since Parcells. He can talk as much as he wants as far as I'm concerned. Do you think people would have put up with the way Parcells dealt w/the media if he wasn't good?

17. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Brady couldn't carry Montana's jock strap.

18. nyjunc

I think he is rapidly approaching Montana.

19. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Montana and Walsh changed the game. Nearly every team now is playing some form of their offense. Including the pats.

Montana never lost a SB.

20. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Just another diversion to take the players minds off of the game Saturday.