2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Welcome and keep posting!

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Thus its pretty fng unlikely that mikey ever played football at St. Johns

3. Timregan106

Timregan106 Member

My mistake, a little internet searching reveals that they did have a D-III team that disbanded in 2003.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

The lies never stop. The Jets not being on his show has everything to with his personal agenda. He's admitted as much two weeks ago but now is changing his tune.

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

Still doesn't mean Fatty played football for SJU.

6. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

He even took on Woody today, saying he was born rich and many are jealous of guys like him, Jeff Wilpon, Jihn Mara and Steve Tisch...but then he realized he said something negative about the Giants, and said Mara and Tisch are well liked because they are good guys....Fatboy is a tool...

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Please... if fatty play college football we'd hear about it everyday

8. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I loved his rant that "He doesn't need the Jets" today.

Kind of sad his boy "Parcells" hasn't called to say hi in a really long time.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I learned da game in the 70s when I was playin' both ways fa St. John's. I was da startin' centa and middle linebacka. Den lata afta I left da game as a playa and went into broadcastin' I learned more about da game unda da same school as Bill Pahcells.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yes they do, I played against them when I was at Marist in 1986. It was Division III back then with no scholarships but they had a team. Most of those schools with D-1 basketball teams have since moved up to Division 1-AA by now, not sure if St. John's was one of them, Marist did.

While I was at Marist in the mid/late 80s the Jets had a player named Dennis Bligen, (#23 RB) who was from St. John's. Look him up.

EDIT: I see where this has been addressed already. We cool.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

fwiw - the johnnies had a club level team when mikey was waddling around campus in the mid 70's. i don't think he was ever a football player however. he lax da mentle toughness to handle the pressha sichuashuns.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That makes sense. A lot of those teams, ours included, had evolved from club football in the 70s to D-III by the mid 80s, then to either D-1AA or I guess just out after that.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Two misconceptions that are repeated in this over and over need to be addressed:

1. This game is a must win for the Jets and will set the franchise back if they lose. What total complete BS this is. The Jets have had as more success the past two years under Ryan than any other two year period since 68-69. A playoff win this year would give Ryan the most playoff wins in consecutive years in Jets history and, I believe , the most playoff victories of any coach in Jets history. A loss on the road to the favored Colts would mean very little except a minor disappointment.

Let me ask those who think a loss this week would be a "distastah" this - How much did the beating the Ravens gave the Pats last year in New England in the first round impact the Patriots franchise? While it was a bad loss, how much does it mean now that they are 14-2 and the favorite to win it all. Let's not forget that the Jets are still playing with a very green QB who is still learning the game. No team with a second year QB is in a must win, all in, franchise defining playoff game. By making the playoffs two years with such a young QB, the Jets are playing with house money. Now the Colts with a QB in his mid 30's - that is a different story.

2. I am not denying that Brady is a very good QB. However, if Brady made Belichick the HC he is and makes the Pats great and is the best QB ever to lace cleats, why did the Pats win 11 games with Cassell in 2008 and why did Cassell throw for 3700 yards and have a QB rating of 90 when he had not started a game since HS?????? It is amazing what an NFL QB can do with a line that gives him all day to throw and an offensive system that is amazing. Does Brady ever get pressured? And when he does, how does he play? See week 2 vs the Jets this year and last to see how Brady plays when he is hit and pressured. See last year's playoff game against the Ravens. Brady is great because he plays behind the best OL in the NFL at keeping him upright and giving him tons of time and because the Pats short passing game is almost impossible to stop. Put Brady on a team with a poor OL and he will look as ordinary as any other QB in the NFL would with a porous OL.

14. TheBlairThomasFumble

Lol. Filler.

15. TheBlairThomasFumble

Dennis Bligen! I hadn't heard that name in years.

16. TheBlairThomasFumble

I heard that. Fatty let his mouth get out in front of his brain. Too bad he didn't stick his foot in it more and piss off Mara and Tisch.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I find it hard to believe that a guy who refer's to himself as having a baseball career which ended with him getting cut from the JV Squad would have been able to play college football at any level. I know guys who were great players in HS that could barely survive at schools like Northeastern, Widener and the ever tough Lycoming. I doubt fatty played any college football.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

I agree with virtually all of this. Great post.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

When I was listening (between 2:00 and 4:00), I distinctly remember him wording his response to this in a way that implied that Woody relegates players' interviews to "the station that carries the Jets games." He never used the word "show," which completely ignored the fact that Boomer & Carton and Joe & Evan interview Jets players on their shows.

Maybe he eventually went on to say his show specifically? Idk.

That's a bingo. Francesspool's annual ratings may not have dropped, but advertising is crucial. If sponsors start looking to other stations (for example, if they don't want to be associated with Tank/WFAN because of how he has conducted and continues to conduct himself), then Francesa's high ratings are meaningless.

I find it difficult to use Collie as an excuse; any Playoff team - especially one with Peyton Manning - shouldn't be devastated by an injury to the #3 WR. Now, the detriment caused by Dallas Clark's absence is understandable, but Collie? No fucking way can that be considered a legit excuse because Championship teams don't rely on #3WRs to win a Super Bowl.

Personally, the best way for me to assess the two QBs is by removing Head Coaches and weapons from the equation and replacing them with variables such as weather and miscues. In snow or torrential rain, I trust Brady over Manning. When a play becomes broken or botched or the Offense is disrupted by something unexpected from the opposing Defense, I trust Brady over Manning.

Manning may be the smartest player to ever play football, but I think he relies too heavily on familiar certainty. In other words, if Peyton is more booksmart and Brady is more streetsmart, then which guy would you want to rescue you from a burning library?

20. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

Collie was critical to the Colts offense in the same way that Clark was. His loss is devastating. The Colts losing Collie isn't like the Jets losing Cotchery or whoever you're 3rd WR is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.