Brady vs. Manning

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by peytonmanning18, Jan 6, 2011.

1. peytonmanning18

peytonmanning18 New Member

If the Colts lose on Saturday, I think they will give Peyton a little bit of a pass this year. With that being said, this whole argument is fucking stupid. You basically already said that if the Colts don't win the Super Bowl every year it is because Peyton failed. Give me a fucking break, if Peyton played in New England, under Belicheat and that system, he would have at least 6 rings by now.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If peyton played like he did in the reg season in january he'd have 3-4 rings by now. Brady MADE Belichick as a HC, if Brady is on Indy w/ all that talent he has AT LEAST 3-4 SB titles by now.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Everybody makes excuses for Peyton Manning, legitimate or not. If he loses, everybody will point to the injuries...just like they did when he had 11 picks in 3 weeks.

4. peytonmanning18

LOL if you put Brady on the Colts, he would have been released after about 2 years because the Colts would go 5-11 with him. Brady's job is to throw 5 yard passes and let the reciever run 30 yards. This whole judging QBs strictly on rings is outrageous. It basically means that all teams are equal, there are no good or bad teams, just good and bad quarterbacks. You could put Brady on Detroit and the Lions would have 3 Super Bowl wins but if you put Alex Smith on the Patriots and they would go 3-13.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Please stop, Brady is the better QB by a wide margin b/c he can play his best when his team needs him most. Brady created a dynasty, Belichick would be a DC somewhere right now if not for Brady rescuing that franchise and his career. Brady played w/ weapons comparable to wjhat manning has had his entire carrer for ONE healthy season(2007) and he set records and led his team to an undefeated season.

I'm not judging strictly on rings, both manning and Brady have had SB caliber rosters around them most of their careers(it's not like they had Marino's talent around them), one is 14-4 in postseaosn and the other is 9-9. manning has cost Indy most of their playoff losses including throwing away last years SB.

In their 2 SB losses-

Brady led his team 80 yds for the go ahead TD in the final mins only to watch his D blow it.

Manning threw the game losing INT for a TD

That's the difference btw the 2 in a nutshell.

Peyton is the best reg season QB, Brady is the best QB period

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

oh shit... you're gonna get him going

too late :rofl:

7. peytonmanning18

Never knew a Jets fan could take Brady's cock so deep in his throat.

Your two Super Bowl loss comparison is terrible. I don't care if Brady "led" his team down the field. He took the most prolific offense in NFL history into arguably the biggest game of the last 50 years and he put up a whopping 14 points.

When you compare these two you have to ask, does he have a ring because he is great or is he great because he has a ring. Manning has a ring because he is great, Brady is great because he has rings. Manning is far and away more valuable to the Colts than Brady could ever imagine being to the Patsies.

BTW Manning never had a weapon like Randy Moss, he doesn't have an offensive line nearly as good as New Englands, Manning's defense usually can't get off the field, and Manning's Colts can't grind out a running game like the Patriots can.

Brady's last 3 playoff appearances have been epic chokes. While the Patriots have been the better team over the last decade, Manning is far and away the best quarterback. It's not even close.

8. peytonmanning18

And I am sick of the whole Brady doesn't have weapons argument. If he is so great and can use his "clutch gene" to "will" his team then obviously someone has to catch his passes. Then if you say his weapons haven't been very good then how can you give Brady credit? Haven't they won in spite of him if he doesn't have weapons? If he was so amazing wouldn't his players we considered "weapons"?

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think Manning is the greatest QB of all time. But, to say that Bradys not even close to his level of talent? The fuck man?

Tom Brady is top 5 all time. Hes thrown for like 25 TDs and 0 INTs in the second half of the season. That is INSANE.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

This year Brady has been the best QB in the NFL. Manning has thrown 17 INTs this season. Brady has only thrown 4 INTs and hasn't thrown an INT since the middle of October.

11. peytonmanning18

The Bears dropped 4 of them that hit them right in the hands

12. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

not to mention he's made a hell of a comeback after a bad injury. i'd take
    brady between the two QB's if given the choice.

13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

You are not seriously trying to argue about who had a better season in 2010 are you? Peyton is a great QB (obviously), but Brady had the best season in 2010 (obviously).

14. peytonmanning18

Not at all. I would say Brady had a moderately better year statistically. He had 3 more touchdowns and 12 less INTs I believe but Manning threw for 800 more yards. Manning also had to throw it more than 200 more times than Brady. Brady should probably win the MVP this year but other than one 3 game stretch, Manning had another outstanding year.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A 12 INT differential is not "moderately better" - its a large difference, not to mention the relative records of their respective teams.

16. peytonmanning18

Again you have to keep it in perspective. If the Cheatriots asked the Brady to do the things that the Colts ask of Manning, Brady would have 30 picks

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Thats your assumption based on a "what if" but the fact is that Brady had a superior season to Manning.

18. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

peyton manning is probably the single best QB in NFL history. However brady has had a better season and more playoff success

19. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I find myself wavering back and forth on who I think is the better qb year in year out. This yr Brady definitely had the better year. All time? I think if you put Peyton on bellichicks side he has those championships too so bottom line is they are two of the all time greats.

20. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Are people suggesting Brady is a choke artist who can't win the big game? Is that really what someone wrote in this thread?

HAHAHA. I hate that douchebag more then any athlete in my time viewing sports. He's the fucking worst. But the notion that he can't win the big game is laughable.