Luck not declaring for draft, returning to Stanford

Discussion in 'Draft' started by nyjetsmets89, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

It happens as often as the players want it to happen. I'm sure a lot of guys go back and get their degrees, but it's probably only those who really value their education. There's no doubt in my mind that he would finish out his degree at a later date.

Is "idiot" a bit strong? Maybe, but I can't think of many ways to describe someone who passes up an opportunity like the one he was handed. I can't applaud him for going back to school because I honestly don't think it was the smart decision. Anything could happen in the span of a year, and he's taking a gigantic risk, no one can deny that.

2. ........

........ Trolls

No one knows for sure at this point, but there won't be any construct for guiding the signing of new contracts at that point. It seems rather unlikely IMO that owners are going to be willing to shell out cash on new contracts without knowing what the new CBA looks like. I'd imagine they wait until they get a CBA before they start signing their draftees.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm pretty sure he went back to college just so he wouldn't have to play for Carolina. Didn't Peyton Manning do the same thing?

4. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Is Harbaugh going to take the Dolphins job, tank the season, and then get Luck?

Finheaven thread incoming in 5, 4, 3....

5. ........

........ Trolls

And he'd be taking a gigantic risk by entering the draft as well. Yes, he'd get drafted #1 overall, but he could very well lose a year of playing if the NFL is in lockout mode next season. He LOVES being at Stanford, he'll come out with a degree in a field he's passionate about, and the Stanford alumni network will take care of him if he suffers a career ending injury (which is highly unlikely, but I'd love to see some examples). You act like there's some certainty that the 2011 rookies are even going to get paid before the new CBA. He's not "passing up" the opportunity, he's delaying it.

6. ........

........ Trolls

May be a factor, but the people I know still at Stanford, including one on the team, say he absolutely LOVES being at the school. There are positives and negatives on either side, really, and I doubt it was an easy decision with a single determining factor.

7. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Thus my undying burning raging hatred for him and all he stands for! Fucker!

8. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

That's interesting too, because that is a tough field to break into. Meh. I think I no longer care.

9. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Not to stir shit, but I'm bored and this reasoned response means you clearly did not see this, so:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=63039

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

not for Pat Healy.

[​IMG]

11. ........

........ Trolls

Two different forums. People can address each other somewhat reasonably in one forum and attack each other in another. It's the nature of the board for those who can handle and enjoy it.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Sorry, that reference is lost on me. I guess TG was right and your culture is better than mine.

Although, do Canadians technically count as cutlured?

13. ........

........ Trolls

He just led the home of one of the most dedicated alumni networks to its best football season in 70 years. He won't have a tough time breaking in.

14. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Oh I get that, but he hadn't responded there and I wanted to jump start the insults. Apparently not everyone even realizes the TT forum is open again.

15. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

It's from the funniest movie of all time (imho).

16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I guess Luck really wanted to play in the senior bowl

/sarcasm

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

luck made the right choice ... he can always get an insurance policy against injury

and for the poster who said bradford wasnt the consesus number one pick ... he wasnt after his junior year because of the injury but he certainly was after he won the heisman following his sophmore year

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

The Hangover?

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

watch There's Something About Mary........you won't be sorry.

Pat Healy is a fake architect.

20. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I think he's a RS Sophomore, right?