xbox kinect

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Jan 4, 2011.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried this? I'm considering buying it.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I almost did but my mom bought my son a Wii.

Good thing too, my 360 went Ring of Death style on NYE.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

Everyone I have talked to says PS3 move is better, but it's a fun gadget, with some good games coming in the pipeline.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

My company Xmas party had Xbox Kinect boxing, and it blew chunks. Real motion capturing is still a few years behind, so I'd stick with the Wii or the PS3 wand.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't know what y'all ninjas are talking about.

My friend has Kinect.. played it the other day. Massive fun was had playing Kinect sports after a few beers and some green. You get a workout playing that shit too, not even kidding.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

Why the fuck are they ninjas?

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Why the fuck not?

8. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I've got Kinect and it's a very great concept and pretty fun. The games so far really all suck but in a solid 6-12 months I'm sure there will be plenty of amazing games for it.

If you're tight on money don't get it yet until the price goes down along with the games. If you're looking for something new to keep you occupied and tire you out then get it. Yes you will get tired and quickly.

9. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Ours has been in constant use since Santa brought it. Some of the games suck and don't "see" you like they should, but the ones that do are a blast. The reviews on Amazon on pretty accurate. Santa should have read them before he came down the chimney with 'Game Party: In Motion'...POS game!

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

hahhha i bought that game too and there were a solid 2 or 3 mini games that were fun for a few minutes and the rest of it sucked balls pretty bad, kinect sports huge upgrade

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I have the Kinect. It's good fun. I have the Sports, Adventures, and Dance games. I hear none of the other games worth getting. I've only tried the sports game. My brother tried the Dance game, it's pretty funny to watch. Anyway, it's a good party system, you probably wouldn't excessively be using it as a hardcore gaming system. We'll see how it works when more games come out for it.

12. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

eh if im going to get motion sensor, id rather just get a wii then add a kinect.

i might get a wii anyway. I was the biggest n64 kid, and miss the mario's and zelda games of the world. and smash. i spent too many hours my freshman year of college hitting a vape and playing smash. as much as i love my 360 for its sports games, netflix streaming and other goodies it presents, the wii has gotten cheap enough it might be time to grab one.

#12 mj2sexay, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

awesome piece of technology. i love mine

the thing is, they haven't even tapped into the gaming potential yet. wait till developers really get creative and start understanding it better.

the sports game is pretty awesome and the dance game (Dance Central, not dancemasters) is actually a shitload of fun. i expected it to be gay but they had a good mix of songs from different genres. a few hip hop classics in there too. the game that comes bundled with it is "ok"....some of the mini games are pretty fun but some are annoying.. and there's not a huge variety

14. WhiteShoeWillis

anyone try this game?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWUPpiiFrAM[/youtube]

15. colleen74

colleen74 Member

That one has bad reviews on Amazon. We have "Kinect Sports" and it's a great game. Right down to the beginning intro when you are in the stadium and can raise your arms to get the crowd to stand and cheer, and then silence them... then get just the right or left half to cheer. The POWER! :smile:

16. WhiteShoeWillis

Yea I saw that after I posted this here. I was very disappointed just reading the reviews because the game looked like a lot of fun. Good marketing.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The Kinect is great IMO. My buddy got it for christmas and I was less than enthusiastic when he called me to play it. After about 45 minutes I was loving it. I have played the street fighting game and was initially disappointed that it wouldn't just do whatever I did but I guess that is a bit of a way's off still with the technology being new.

Don't understand the hate for that game party in motion game either. If that is the one that I played the other night that has beer pong and ski ball on it I had a good time with it. Granted I was drunk and playing it but most of the games were good for some quick amusement. not to mention the amusement of trying to position myself so the camera would take a picture of my balls when I got a high score... I assume that hasn't been discovered yet because I haven't gotten a text about it from my friend.

Maybe I like the whole thing because I was literally expecting a steaming pile of shit but got something that is fun. It's also nice to not feel like a POS after playing video games for three hours. Instead I was feeling like I had just been to the gym.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

I got this thing tonight, absolutely love it, and I'm a guy who hated the WII. This thing blows it out of the water.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

Fighters Uncaged is a serious workout, which was a big part of why I considered getting this to begin with.

20. bpjets

bpjets New Member

My son is a manager at a Gamestop in Union Nj....sells a bunch of them...it's pretty cool