NY Jets vs. Indianapolis Colts Thread - Saturday 1/8 8:20PM NBC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Comparing just passing yardage is retarded. It's like saying you finished a book by reading the last 2 pages. The Jets won, Steelers didn't. If games were only decided by qb stats Roger Goodell would assign every head coach a fantasy football roster and a laptop.

2. black&gold

black&gold New Member

The post was to someone other than you obviously talking about Sanchez getting going against the Steelers' D as the key to winning Einstein, not about the outcome of the game, therefore comparing passing yardage relevant in such situation.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Against the Steelers D Sanchez payed well. By doing that it allowed us to run the ball more effectively than any other team this year has. (on you) I thought you could've figured that out.

Ummm, your brain has the candy shell Richard.

4. black&gold

black&gold New Member

No clue what that means at all, not particularly concerned either. Just saying, a win is a win, not an impressive win by the Jets and certainly not one I would be expecting with the same outcome again, lol.

5. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Nice post and a couple of valid points about collie & Clark. However, I don't think the Jets would have even been in the playoffs if the Colts hadn't rested their starters after halftime in the regular season game. In actuality, that decision has implications for this year and may come back to bite the Colts. The Jets enter this game with playoff experience from last year which should benefit them immensely this year. I would like the Colts chances better if this was their first trip to the playoffs under Sexy Rexy.

6. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

You can't fault his enthusiasm for the Jets, but I have noticed he tends to dismiss anything that doesn't resemble his opinion.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

By the same token, can't you argue that letting the Jets into the playoffs last year, and having us knock off two other division winners, including your biggest threats to the AFC crown the Chargers, before having to face a one-dimensional Jets team in the AFC Championship was enough of a reward last year?

You are right though, we have a lot more confidence this time around.

As for the add Cromartie, subtract Garcon talk, remember they also lost Dallas Clark. Wayne on Revis, Garcon on Cromartie, I think the Jets win those two individual matchups most of the time. Tamme is a nice young player, and White typically has good hands, but they're both inexperienced, and come playoff time, who knows how they will respond. And make no mistake about it, either one will have to come up huge in this game for the Colts to win.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

ok... [​IMG]

9. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

To be honest, I think the Colts would have beat SD last year. Remember, the Colts had HFA all the way until the SB and Norv has a proven history of going conservative and in the tank when the playoffs roll around. It wasn't until the fourth quarter that the Chargers opened up their offense and started to make some noise. Up until then all they did was try to match the Jets yard for yard on the ground.

Tamme has playoff experience, but White doesn't and White doesn't get the separation Collie does. I look for a few pick plays to get him open. As for Garcon, it will depend on which Garcon shows up. He has been a world beater or has the dropsies.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Peyton has the ability to turn either of those guys into superstars in any given night. Collie was inexperienced, but he had his best game against us in the playoffs last year.

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Thank God Olbermann is gone from the NBC crew.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously, every time I start Garcon on my fantasy team and I watch him play, he drops every pass. Last year against the Jets, he makes great play after great play. Cromartie will be much harder to beat than Drew Coleman, Dwight Lowery, Donald Strickland for half a game, and a less than 100% Lito Sheppard. That matchup will be really big because if Manning does what other QB's do and don't challenge Revis much, Garcon becomes the primary deep target. Garcon's good history vs the Jets is topped by Cromartie's history against Manning.

I just worry that a lack of a pass rush allows for Manning to sit in the pocket and make pinpoint throws to receivers making plays after breaking off their routes.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, whether he can do that with Tamme and or White is huge.

Ftr I expect Cro to cover Garcon.

14. MadBacker Prime

It was a Tommy Boy quote-

So beating the Steelers in Pittsburgh is not impressive?

Something we've never done before. Sanchez completed 65.5% of his passes which is great for him and a big reason why we won.

IndyColts, I have dismissed nothing if you have addressed anything I posted I may have missed it.

Maybe if you had a more clever username I would find it, something like Coltsfan2 or ColtsofIndy.
    :beer:

15. black&gold

black&gold New Member

LOL, I noticed that a while back. Facts don't interest many here anyway.

Honestly I'm shocked at the lack of confidence some of the Colts fans are having in their team. I haven't hesitated picking the Colts to win and I don't know of many not picking the Colts, just not sure by how much. Of course any given Sunday, but I've seen a few Colts games. Tamme looks great, Blair White is doing well and you still have Peyton Manning. The Colts are playing Mark Sanchez, not Tom Brady, your D should be able to do enough to win. Not dismissing the Jets, but the Colts at home, Peyton Manning, it's too hard not to pick them.

16. black&gold

black&gold New Member

I said it wasn't an impressive win, it wasn't an offensive win, which it wasn't. It was a win. The special teams and the Jets D getting a safety caused 9 points the Jets offense didn't, 13 wouldn't have won you that game. What happens in the regular season also has no bearing on what happens in the post season. It got you into the POs, it means squat right now.

17. MadBacker Prime

Okay, to me it was impressive. Something that a team does for the first time in its history no matter what the circumstances is impressive.

Why do you care so much? Special Teams is something the Jets pride themselves on so why can't they contribute? Not every team is just content on leaving STs unnoticed. Mike Westhoff is a genius and we love him for it.

Thanks for letting me know that our week 15 win doesn't effect our playoffs, I thought we got a bye or something. :lol:

Steelers had only 4 losses this year Ravens, Saints, NE, and Us. That is pretty good company.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

We beat you at home. WTF are you babbling about? We fuckin beat you and your stupid terrible towels in your own house.

By that logic, the loss we had to the Pats doesn't mean shit either, right? Bulshit on both counts.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think the Colts are going to win the game unless we play ball control and keep Manning on the sidelines, Rex is 1-5 against Manning, the reason for this is very simple, Manning burns defenses that rely exclusively on the blitz, and that is exactly what Rex relies on.

I hope I'm wrong but I think our safeties are a liability and will be exposed, either for PI calls or just big plays.

20. black&gold

black&gold New Member

Ooooo, Terrible Towel trash talk. Meanie. Yeah, you destroyed us, congratulations. I feel pretty confident it wouldn't happen again, but the Jets won't get that far anyway, lol How's that for babbling.