Ryan keeps talking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dexter Morgan, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jets201

Jets201 New Member

Rookie head coach goes to the playoffs two years in a row with a rookie qb, and his act is wearing thin? Damn, you're hard to please

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Rex needs to just shut up and let the players play do the talking. We dont need anymore bulletin board material for the Colts. This crap is getting ridiculous. If he wants to talk, win something first then he can talk all the crap he wants.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Back to back playoff berths and 11 wins for the 4th time in Jets history.

Where did he guarantee a SB? Where did he say this game is an easy win. He said he wanted to win and he wants to win a SB. How is that talking trash? That's stating the obvious.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The danger here is that Rex's bravado may become background noise IF the Jets don't back it up with results on the field. There comes a point when the team will have to walk the talk that Rex puts out. If this team ever stops believing the coach-hype, then Rex will have lost the team. Talk only takes you so far. Believing you can beat everybody only lasts but for so long. To his credit, Rex has said repeatedly that you have to go out and prove that you're as good as you say you are. There's the trap. Especially if you're not as good as you think..

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The players won't get tired of it, they believe it too.

Only the fans and media get tired of it because they seem to take his words and create these illusions of guarantees.

Let him state the obvious. They want to win it all, and they want to beat the Colts.

Big fucking deal.

If he guaranteed something in the PC today, then he's taking a high risk with his talk.

How many people actually watched the press conference today?

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Rex talked? What did he say?

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Nothing new or outlandish and yet the bleeding vaginas are already getting pissy about it.

8. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Honestly Rex has a big mouth and I like it that way. The problem is the big mouth can't always be backed up.

I still want them to go up to Foxboro and piss on Patriot Pat. The bad news is we have to take this one game at a time and we all know Peyton is not going to be easy.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Rex would never be a great Mafia hitman..... He folds under questioning...lol "Yeah I fucking killed him. You kill one of ours we whack two of yours!"............."Wait, I am being arrested? What did I say?"..............

My original post was making light of what you just said. Just ask Rex he will tell you he wants to win the Super Bowl. Whats the big fucking deal?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm annoyed at the fact that these simpleton fans don't realize the simplicity of his words, and how it means fucking nil.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I'm not sure what it is specifically that he said that causes the likes of joe beningo to act like such whining pussies. He wants to win the game. Why is that some sort of a huge scary revelation that can't be discussed? He didn't talk any trash about the opponent in fact he gave them huge props for being an excellent team. WTF is the matter with saying you want to beat a good team? Seems like some of the beningo types here are seriously overreacting as usual.

12. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I never get what the big deal is. He never trash talks, puts others down (well except Crowder), or makes stupid guarantees. He doesn't have any arrogance like some other coaches, in fact is quite self deprecating.

He just talks his guys up and says he believes the Jets are a great team. Big focking deal. He said if anyone beats us, they must be really good. He says he thinks the Jets can win the Super Bowl. What is the problem, a lot of coaches say stuff like that.

13. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Rex didn't trash talk anything in Today's press. He just want to beat the colts!

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Let’s not forget that it’s the players who win games and I consider Rexes Diatribes more of a challenge to his own players then I consider them toward the opponent. I know there was poll recently that asked who they would rather play for and Rex was tops. Do you think that people want to play for him because he's soft spoken or he says the right thing all the time. No! They respect his passion and know that he will field the best team and be in a position to win.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I should have said I was making light that we had to make posts like these. Same Old Jets fans are like groundhogs scared of their own shadows.

16. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

:drunk: I've never understood what the media's problem with him is. He's generating Headlines!!! He's making their jobs very easy. Do they really want a bunch of Bill BeleCHEAT wannabees going "Well they are a very good team and we have to play our best in order to beat them..." and then blow them out by 50+ points? My Gawd... This is a prime time game on Saturday Night that nobody other than Jets and Indi fans gave two sh..s about until Rex opened his mouth. CBS must have a wet spot in their shorts right about now because of what Rex said.

As for our team, if we cannot beat the best that our opposition is bringing, then we don't deserve the Lombardi trophy. BRING IT ON and may the best team win!!!

17. GreenerPastures

I don't see the big deal. Rex is confident in his team and not afraid to say so.
    Rex talks, that's what he does. Up until recently, that was a positive to everyone. Now it's a negative. How'd that happen ?
    I say: Keep on keepin on.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I get what you are saying but a NY team playing Peyton Manning sells itself.

That, and it being a NFL playoff game.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because this team doesn't blow anyone out. Trust me, that's the reason.

Because this team hasn't won by 20+ 5 times this season, you can't talk like this. Because they've had a tough December against playoff teams, this team has to shut up about winning 11 games and getting back to the playoffs in consecutive years. That's not easy to do in the NFL.

20. Jetserella

Jetserella New Member

I was wishing he'd shut it after reading this thread and listening to Rex's Total Access sound bite...but then I listened to the entire conference on the Jets official page...no trash talking, no bravado, no bulletin board material...get a grip people, all he says is he wants to win a Super bowl and beat the Colts...wow, what nerve! Don't let the media slant turn you into haters.